We had planned a holiday for four days and were looking for a perfect retreat to rejuvenate. We had our first kid four months ago and were keen to take our baby along, who is five months old. We were looking for a infant friendly place with a good spa.
I was skeptical when our agent suggested klr. The reason .. The place was a two hour drive from the nearest Cochin (Kochi) airport, and it did not figure in the current lists of top 10 spa hotels of India. However, after evaluating several options, we decided to give it a try. We opted for a 3 nights rejuvenation package with full board.
We departed from our home town of Bengaluru for Kochi by the late morning Kingfisher flight. We landed an hour late. It was nice to find our pickup waiting at the arrival hall. We were glad to find that klr had sent in a spacious and comfortable Inova to take us to the hotel. I'm giving full points to klr for tracking our delayed flight and sending a good car. Klr seams to have aptly overcome its locational disadvantage. The two hour ride was smooth and baby Amartya decided to take a nap for most part of the ride.
We were well received at the hotel and escorted to our room. We find the room clean and comfortable. The wash room is well maintained and has a spacious Jacuzzi. On or request klr provided a oriental crib for baby Amartya. The property has a nature all around and even has a artificial canal running in between.
After a short brake, We took a small walk to the lake side Tea Stall at the hotel. We were served nice tea & coffee with traditional kerala snacks.
It was almost 5 in the eVening, as a part of our package we could take two spa treatments per head per day. So we decided to hit the spa. I decided to go for a full body Kerala Ayurvedic Massage, My better half decided to babysit till I was done.
The massage was very relaxing and exceeded 'kerala massage' standards,
( you'd know what I mean if you've had one of those vigorous oil application sessions) The massage was provided by two dudes who were well trained and courteous. The massage room and wash room were clean and well maintained. I Would rate the massage as one of the best I have received.
It was my turn to baby sit as she went for her spa treatments. We plan to checkout the restaurant for dinner thereafter.
The next day we took the cycles maintained by KLR to visit the town of kumarkom which is 5-7 Kim's away. We had to watch out for unruly traffic, the ride itself was very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kerala's leading resort by the side of famous Vembanadu lake, the largest backwaters of Kerala, located north of Kumarakom. An ideal backwater resort for honeymoon holidays, leisure holidays, family vacation, etc. All the villas are centrally air conditioned - There are 7 lake view heritage villa with plunge pools, 15 Heritage Garden view Villas with plunge pools, 26 meandering Pool Villas, 9 Luxury Pavillion Rooms with heated Jacuzzi, 2 Presidential Suite with private Pool and 4 Air conditioned House boats with 7 rooms. Air conditioned Conference hall with 85 Pax theatre style seating facility available. 100 seater restaurant with traditional Kerala architecture, 45 seater seafood restaurant with bar available. Kerala's traditional Ayurveda, Yoga, and backwater cruise facility available. The entire resort is Wi-Fi enabled. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kumarakom Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kumarakom Lake Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Lake Resort Kerala