By far the best experience I have had in a resort. I had gone there as part of my honeymoon for 3 nights in May 2012. The resort is breathtakingly beautiful once you are inside and service is class apart. Over all experience of service was really good and the staff makes you very comfortable with their ever smiling faces. We had the bookings for Meandering Pool Villas but were upgraded to Heritage Lake view Villa with a private pool for reasonable charges. The room was quite amazingly located by the pool which itself was overlooking the lake. The Private pool with Jacuzzi and the villa as a whole was extremely comfortable for a honeymoon couple. Even though the Villa was connected with other Villa, they have made sure the privacy is completely taken care of.
The best part about this resort is its food. They server some amazing varieties of food for each meals. Being a vegetarian, I was never short of options for food and always had the option of getting anything prepared fresh if you wish. Activities inside the Hotel were also great and enough to kill your spare time and have fun.
Now some negatives: Lizards, Lizards, Lizards,.. If you are scared of them, you will spot them everywhere. Even though its a nature resort, I wish they could have taken some extra care to keep them out. You simply cant go to Private pool at night if these creatures annoy you. Some other insects that bites can be found around the resort after sunset. Also, there is simply nothing other than resort in Kumarakom [Bird century is useless]
Overall, A must go for couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kerala's leading resort by the side of famous Vembanadu lake, the largest backwaters of Kerala, located north of Kumarakom. An ideal backwater resort for honeymoon holidays, leisure holidays, family vacation, etc. All the villas are centrally air conditioned - There are 7 lake view heritage villa with plunge pools, 15 Heritage Garden view Villas with plunge pools, 26 meandering Pool Villas, 9 Luxury Pavillion Rooms with heated Jacuzzi, 2 Presidential Suite with private Pool and 4 Air conditioned House boats with 7 rooms. Air conditioned Conference hall with 85 Pax theatre style seating facility available. 100 seater restaurant with traditional Kerala architecture, 45 seater seafood restaurant with bar available. Kerala's traditional Ayurveda, Yoga, and backwater cruise facility available. The entire resort is Wi-Fi enabled. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kumarakom Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kumarakom Lake Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Lake Resort Kerala