Spent a couple of days relaxing at this resort during a tour of the Kerala backwaters. It is a splendid five star facility, probably the best of several on the shores of Vembanad Lake.
" A hotel to die for" is the description one American guest gave it and it is not hard to see why. First rate accommodation, food and service in the most peaceful and tranquil of surroundings. A birdwatcher's paradise with a local sanctuary nearby.
Accommodation is in two storey bungalows that give direct access to the swimming pool which meanders through most of the resort. A beautiful rain shower open air bathroom and two television sets with dvd's etc; and a king size top quality bed for your sleeping comfort.
There are two restaurants, one serving International buffet food with limited a la carte and the other a fish restaurant serving splendid local delicacies such as Blackfish served on a banana leaf with a spicey sauce. The fish restaurant borders on to Vembanad Lake. Both restaurants have evening entertainment and cultural dancing displays.
The hotel has a great pool scene,and also offers fishing, boating and Ayurvedic massage, yoga and meditation classes. From here we took a one night rice barge cruise around Vembanad Lake and the Backwaters - NOT TO BE MISSED if you are in this area as it is a wonderful experience. The hotel will arrange a cruise for you but we booked locally with Mahoot Tours, a highly reputable company based in Alleppy [--].
Our only grumble was that with the benefit of hindsight we should have stayed longer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kerala's leading resort by the side of famous Vembanadu lake, the largest backwaters of Kerala, located north of Kumarakom. An ideal backwater resort for honeymoon holidays, leisure holidays, family vacation, etc. All the villas are centrally air conditioned - There are 7 lake view heritage villa with plunge pools, 15 Heritage Garden view Villas with plunge pools, 26 meandering Pool Villas, 9 Luxury Pavillion Rooms with heated Jacuzzi, 2 Presidential Suite with private Pool and 4 Air conditioned House boats with 7 rooms. Air conditioned Conference hall with 85 Pax theatre style seating facility available. 100 seater restaurant with traditional Kerala architecture, 45 seater seafood restaurant with bar available. Kerala's traditional Ayurveda, Yoga, and backwater cruise facility available. The entire resort is Wi-Fi enabled. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kumarakom Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kumarakom Lake Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Lake Resort Kerala