I stayed there for 2 nights on New Year eve. It is a quite, peaceful and beautiful property with superb view of lake from the room. Hotel arranged nice entertainment incl. fireworks on 31-Dec which was enjoyable. There is nothing much that you can do in Kumarakom so the hotel should be such that provides in house activities, this property fits this criteria to some extent with a swimming pool & a table tennis room.
Room: Spacious, cosy and well euipped (no electronic safe, toileteries below average).
Beverages/Food: Taste is OK, Quantity is good, Pricing slightly on higher side.
Staff: Housekeeping not that prompt but helpful.
Room service: Prompt & friendly.
I would specifically like to mention two employees for their excellent service & support :
1) Mr. Larry, Asst. Manager at front office.
2) Mr. Kiran, Asst. Manager at restaurant.
They made our stay a 'Feel at Home' experience.
# I felt that the tariff is slightly overpriced. The level of professionalism was not in tune with a 4* property.
# Overall the whole atmosphere was quite extra laid back incl. the manager of the hotel. They were quite warm and friendly though. (This is something that I found in most of the Kerala hotels).
# Resort is 200 m inside the main road, there is no signboard at the turn on main road and there is no lighting from turn to hotel which looks quite scary & is unsafe in the night.
# There is no bar in hotel, you are allowed to drink only inside your room. Nearest liqour shop is 2 kms away, closes at 8 pm and sells only beer and vodka.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the banks of the largest lake in Asia – the Vembenad, nestles Kumarakom a small village whose environs are endowed with pristine natural beauty.This area, blessed with a balmy weather and plenty of rainfall has lush, green surroundings like no other in India. Its clean and dust free atmosphere has a tangible freshness in the air that clears the head and makes for relaxation and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Manor Backwater Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manor Backwater Resort Kumarakom, Kerala