Stayed here for 2 nights during 5 month Asia trip.
Location - Located in a remote area where there is very little else around other than a few other similar hotels. Situated lakeside (which made it great for our houseboat trip as the boat pulled up directly at the hotel) and a 5 minute drive from the Bird Sanctuary (where sadly we saw no birds but heh).
Rooms - terraced bugalow style set in nice surroundings. Room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. Only complaint was that poo (ghecko?) kept falling onto the bed where our pillows were.
Food - buffet style and fairly reasonably priced considering no other restaurants nearby. Selection of items was ok - have had better but have equally had much worse.
Other- staff polite, free music show whilst we were there. No free wi-fi. Didnt use the pool to comment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Abad Whispering Palms is located at Kumarakom the most exotic resort destination in Kerala right on the bank of the Vembanadu Lake in natural back water surroundings. Situated amidst natural backwater setting, it is a place where you can relax and bask in the luxury of tranquility. Well- designed accommodation including Bamboo Pool Villa/Cottage with private pool, Lagoon/ Garden Facing Cottages, and ,Suite Room in tranquil, serene landscaped setting to guarantee rejuvenation. We have hotels and resorts all over kerala, Indi ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Abad Whispering Palms Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abad Whispering Palms Lake Hotel Kumarakom
- Abad Whispering Palms Lake Resort Kumarakom, Kerala