One of the upsides of going in off season is that you have the property almost to yourself. The downside could of course be that some items in the menu are not available coz it is just not economical to stock everything. But the staff made up by offering things that were not on the menu at all!
It is situated right on Vembanad lake, the view is serene or raucous depending on whether you are watching the sun set into the lake or are watching ducks/water birds diving to catch their fish. The architecture is typically Keralite - though with some modern reinforcements and the lobby is open on three sides giving a great sense of openness. They have brought the backwaters into the hotel by constructing canals (4 feet deep in case you are getting worried!) with their own little boats for you to row if you should choose to.
If you are an internet addict, you may have trouble. Connectivity in that area (as in many parts of Kerala) is erratic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lakesong is nature lover's heaven situated on the awe inspiring Vembanadu lake at Kumarakom . It is a peaceful retreat, which takes you to the world of tranquility. At Lakesong the most breathtaking moment will be when you check in. To your surprise , you will be escorted in a traditional canoe to the reception through the internal canals. Indeed, this will be a ride you will cherish for a lifetime. Adjacent to the mesmerizing lagoons is the reception, which is a perfect example of the aristocratic Malabar style of architecture. Its ambience will take you to a different world where traditional art was at its zenith. Its retreat that offers you amazing facilities with top notch quality and world-class service. Above all ,our dedicated professionals will ensure that the time you spend here will be among the most comfortable in your life. At Lakesong we always strive hard to give you the best we can and to surpass your holiday expectations. Lakesong is an architectural marvel, which is based on the traditional Kerala style. The cottages are gabbled and have tile roofs. The exteriors are un-plastered which is a style redolent of the traditional houses of this region. The cottages have 4 star amenities. The rooms have finely appointed interiors with all urban luxuries. The main attraction here is the villas are based on the traditional Malabar style architecture. They are Vembanad and Ashtamudi. The other category is the Punnamada, which is eco-friendly and constructed of interlocking bricks. Totally, there are 48 marvelous Malabar style rooms and 20 breathtaking quaint villas, all constructed on the banks of the inland canals. Lakesong has a swimming pool and a wading pool with a panoramic view of the lake. It is always our pleasure to provide an enjoyable vacation experience for all of our guests. Activities like in door /out door games , children activities , fishing, canoe boat ride , one hour sunset cruise at Vembanadu lake etc. Keeps the guest's stay more entertained. Traditional water rides get the thrill of gliding through the inland canals on traditional country boats. Occasionally try your hand at rowing. Ayurkshethra , a unit of Lakesong is a retreat with ' Green Leaf' certification from the Government of Kerala where Ayurveda is practiced by professional doctors and skilled therapists with traditional treatment facilities. Our yoga centre is a retreat where you can practice various " ASNAS". We assure our best attention and services at all times. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lakesong Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakesong Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Lakesong Kumarakom Kerala