We stayed 3 nights in this hotel. All I can say is that it's a beautiful hotel, primarily because they have a beautiful landscaped garden where you can just spend all day relaxing. The hotel looks out on to the lake (which looks like the sea) & is very peaceful. It was off-peak season & when we arrived we were upgraded to a deluxe room. The room was great - spacey, clean & everything in the room & bathroom looked really new & neat. The service was of a very high standard, the hotel wasn't full so the staff realy went out of their way to help. Although we had opted for the buffet, as the hotel wasn't full, we could just pick straight off the menu which worked out well for us. Food was amazing! They have a daily sunset cruise which lasts 1 hour & is free for the hotel guests. This place is really perfect if you want to relax & do nothing for a few days, its very peaceful with beautiful surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lakesong is nature lover's heaven situated on the awe inspiring Vembanadu lake at Kumarakom . It is a peaceful retreat, which takes you to the world of tranquility. At Lakesong the most breathtaking moment will be when you check in. To your surprise , you will be escorted in a traditional canoe to the reception through the internal canals. Indeed, this will be a ride you will cherish for a lifetime. Adjacent to the mesmerizing lagoons is the reception, which is a perfect example of the aristocratic Malabar style of architecture. Its ambience will take you to a different world where traditional art was at its zenith. Its retreat that offers you amazing facilities with top notch quality and world-class service. Above all ,our dedicated professionals will ensure that the time you spend here will be among the most comfortable in your life. At Lakesong we always strive hard to give you the best we can and to surpass your holiday expectations. Lakesong is an architectural marvel, which is based on the traditional Kerala style. The cottages are gabbled and have tile roofs. The exteriors are un-plastered which is a style redolent of the traditional houses of this region. The cottages have 4 star amenities. The rooms have finely appointed interiors with all urban luxuries. The main attraction here is the villas are based on the traditional Malabar style architecture. They are Vembanad and Ashtamudi. The other category is the Punnamada, which is eco-friendly and constructed of interlocking bricks. Totally, there are 48 marvelous Malabar style rooms and 20 breathtaking quaint villas, all constructed on the banks of the inland canals. Lakesong has a swimming pool and a wading pool with a panoramic view of the lake. It is always our pleasure to provide an enjoyable vacation experience for all of our guests. Activities like in door /out door games , children activities , fishing, canoe boat ride , one hour sunset cruise at Vembanadu lake etc. Keeps the guest's stay more entertained. Traditional water rides get the thrill of gliding through the inland canals on traditional country boats. Occasionally try your hand at rowing. Ayurkshethra , a unit of Lakesong is a retreat with ' Green Leaf' certification from the Government of Kerala where Ayurveda is practiced by professional doctors and skilled therapists with traditional treatment facilities. Our yoga centre is a retreat where you can practice various " ASNAS". We assure our best attention and services at all times. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Lakesong Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakesong Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Lakesong Kumarakom Kerala