When we visited during May, 2010, the hotel was not full. The services we got was great. When we entered the room which was given to us, we all just said "Wow". The room was beautifully done. Location is peaceful & on the side of backwater which actually looks like sea. The hotel has swimming pool, bicycles, green lawn & good restaurant.
What we liked
1. Swimming pool was good.
2. Restaurant was well managed
3. Staff was courteous
4. You get view of backwater which looks more like sea
5. Green lawns & ducks quackling in the resort.
6. Overall ambience of reception/restaurant/rooms/surroundings was beautiful
What we didn't like
1. The humidity
2. In spite of it being May- the holiday time for children, the crowd was very less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lakesong is nature lover's heaven situated on the awe inspiring Vembanadu lake at Kumarakom . It is a peaceful retreat, which takes you to the world of tranquility. At Lakesong the most breathtaking moment will be when you check in. To your surprise , you will be escorted in a traditional canoe to the reception through the internal canals. Indeed, this will be a ride you will cherish for a lifetime. Adjacent to the mesmerizing lagoons is the reception, which is a perfect example of the aristocratic Malabar style of architecture. Its ambience will take you to a different world where traditional art was at its zenith. Its retreat that offers you amazing facilities with top notch quality and world-class service. Above all ,our dedicated professionals will ensure that the time you spend here will be among the most comfortable in your life. At Lakesong we always strive hard to give you the best we can and to surpass your holiday expectations. Lakesong is an architectural marvel, which is based on the traditional Kerala style. The cottages are gabbled and have tile roofs. The exteriors are un-plastered which is a style redolent of the traditional houses of this region. The cottages have 4 star amenities. The rooms have finely appointed interiors with all urban luxuries. The main attraction here is the villas are based on the traditional Malabar style architecture. They are Vembanad and Ashtamudi. The other category is the Punnamada, which is eco-friendly and constructed of interlocking bricks. Totally, there are 48 marvelous Malabar style rooms and 20 breathtaking quaint villas, all constructed on the banks of the inland canals. Lakesong has a swimming pool and a wading pool with a panoramic view of the lake. It is always our pleasure to provide an enjoyable vacation experience for all of our guests. Activities like in door /out door games , children activities , fishing, canoe boat ride , one hour sunset cruise at Vembanadu lake etc. Keeps the guest's stay more entertained. Traditional water rides get the thrill of gliding through the inland canals on traditional country boats. Occasionally try your hand at rowing. Ayurkshethra , a unit of Lakesong is a retreat with ' Green Leaf' certification from the Government of Kerala where Ayurveda is practiced by professional doctors and skilled therapists with traditional treatment facilities. Our yoga centre is a retreat where you can practice various " ASNAS". We assure our best attention and services at all times. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Lakesong Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakesong Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Lakesong Kumarakom Kerala