Disappointing. We stayed one night in Dec 2013.
The women working the reception area offered excellent service, but the others were only mediocre.
The WIFI is only available at the reception desk and the strength is only moderate. Our room was a nice bungalow. Very homey and pleasant.
The grounds are wonderfully manicured. The setting is superb.
The food was very pricey and the restaurant staff were mostly clueless and amateur.
We scheduled a 2 hour motorized canoe tour which was excellent. Our naturalist, Manoj, was excellent. One of the best nature guides we've ever had anywhere.
We also scheduled a 1 hour birdwatching walk with a different guide which was equally good. The naturalists are exceptional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An interplay of coconut groves and water channels, with old wooden Keralan homes transplanted, preserved and cherished. Coconut Lagoon is located in a sheltered and enchanting cove in Kumarakom, this resort reflects the diversity and magnificence of Vemband Lake. A CGH Earth experience that respects the rich but delicate ecosphere and the vibrant culture of Kuttanad region. Where old agrarian homes are reconstituted to offers you an entry into a charming world following the gentle pulse of the backwaters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Lagoon Hotel Kumarakom
- Coconut Lagoon Kumarakom, Kerala