Wonderful location by the lake,this resort is spread out with single and double cottages set well apart.tropical trees and plants abound with fruits like mangoes,jackfruit etc .Regular sunset boat rides take you out into the lake where you get to watch the sunset to the accompaniment of haunting live flute music.Classical dance of south India is often scheduled in the evenings.
Do take the country boat ride that takes you through the rural life of Kerala.You get to experiencethe village life close up as the boat takes the numerous canals that crisscross the area.Food and service are good and the restored old Kerala architecture cottages and common areas a treat in itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An interplay of coconut groves and water channels, with old wooden Keralan homes transplanted, preserved and cherished. Coconut Lagoon is located in a sheltered and enchanting cove in Kumarakom, this resort reflects the diversity and magnificence of Vemband Lake. A CGH Earth experience that respects the rich but delicate ecosphere and the vibrant culture of Kuttanad region. Where old agrarian homes are reconstituted to offers you an entry into a charming world following the gentle pulse of the backwaters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Lagoon Hotel Kumarakom
- Coconut Lagoon Kumarakom, Kerala