I enjoyed Coconut Lagoon more than any other of the hotels I stayed in on my tour around Southern India, including some more expensive and well know ones.
The difference to the others (I believe) is:
+ the location - it's an oasis of nature's best. Truly awe inspiring and very peaceful.
+ the accomodation - it mixes tradition with modern comforts and is immaculately kept.
+ the team that work there - they are some of the most lovely people I've ever met and genuinely seem to care for their work, resort and guests. Their genuine smiles are beautiful and their kindness was really touching.
It's a very special place...do go...I'm saving up the pennies so I can return soon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Lagoon is CGH Earth group's 'celebration of Kerala' on the Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom. Built on a coconut grove with water channels in between, this is truly a unique experience for the guests. As a responsible tourism venture, this eco resort brings alive the culture of the place as well as take good measures to protect the environment through its many recycling and protection processes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Coconut Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Lagoon Hotel Kumarakom
- Coconut Lagoon Kumarakom, Kerala