The hotel setting is beautiful. You go to it via a short boat ride and the approach to the reception area is wonderful. The staff were very welcoming and you are given a cool towel and delicious drink. Our room was an individual villa overlooking a lawn. It was excellent but I had a few reservations with the bathroom! This is in a walled area outside. I don't mind an outside shower but am not so sure about an outside loo!
The whole of the grounds are very pretty and tranquil and you can sit by the lake in complete peace.
The dining room is attractive and the food very good with plenty of choice.
If you are not going on a houseboat it is worth booking a motorised canoe via the hotel for two hours on the backwaters.
Definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Lagoon is CGH Earth group's 'celebration of Kerala' on the Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom. Built on a coconut grove with water channels in between, this is truly a unique experience for the guests. As a responsible tourism venture, this eco resort brings alive the culture of the place as well as take good measures to protect the environment through its many recycling and protection processes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Coconut Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Lagoon Hotel Kumarakom
- Coconut Lagoon Kumarakom, Kerala