“OK BUT”

Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Beldibi
Kent
“OK BUT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Cant fault this place for cleanliness, grounds very well kept and all areas clean. Managers are always on the lookout for problems, also Guest Services ask for any suggestions or address complaints. I did suggest they supply rum as they dont and i like rum and coke, so had to settle for vodka and coke instead. The place was 80 per cent Russian/Ukrainians, so vodka was their drink of choice,(at 10 am onwards) No problem with them at all just the fact that there were lots of them with young children/babies and we were woken lots of nights to the sound of crying babies, not usual on our holidays. Good place for young families. OK for couples but very disappointed with the location as there was nowhere to walk other than along the, very quiet traffic wise, road outside, with various shops and markets strung along it. No walk along the front, well about 5 mins. Cant do much about that though. The food is average all inclusive, bit concerned re the beach bar salads which we saw birds eating. The Gala night on the Thursday was brilliant, all laid out on the grass, good food, live music, excellent, like a wedding do, had a good dance too. Shows every night, mostly quite good.
Disco music blaring over the main pool if you like that, but they have a 'Silence pool' which is quiet and no children, only strange thing is the bar there which closes for an hour lunchtime which is inconvenient if you want a drink then as we dont all go for lunch at the same time, why close it?
All in all, nice small holiday village, well looked after, been to better but probably paid more, this is a UK 3* Nice place overall, wont go back as we like to try new places. Get the dolmus opposite entrance for 4 TL to Kemer which is worth a walk round, get off at the end of the line and on at same place,( Beldibi in bus window), give the market there a miss as prices in dollars for the Russians and apparently they dont haggle, just pay the asking price! Also went on the cable car up the mountain which was good . .

Room Tip: Roomsfacing the main path are noisier as staff roll trolleys up and down early and late carrying sup...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank itchyfeetKent
Champion HV B, Guest Relations Manager at Champion Holiday Village, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment.

We want to say that you can not see any missing which you talk about next time in our hotel. We will try to make changings due to your comment and we try to remove the guest satisfaction to the highest level.

CHAMPION HOLIDAY VILLAGE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
old windsor
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was travelling with my 20 yr old daughter, arrived at 11pm, so tired, and pooped after 12 hours travelling, got a lovely welcome, no drinks cold towels, almost as soon as we were checked in we were handed a piece of paper with the extra's, safe deposit box 2 euros, towels 10 euro deposit each, (which was fair enough) and then walked to our room... our room was a nice large room with en suite bathroom, and all looked clean on closer inspection the basin had mould on the rim which meets the counter top, and few stray hairs... but nothing too bad I suppose, however the walls must have been made of cardboard as you could hear everything and I mean everything, we seemed to have been surround by small crying children the whole holiday... which is fine, a suggestion maybe to allocate guests with small children together and the couples without children to have separate block, I love children don't get me wrong, but don't want to be stuck with other peoples children crying that's all especially when they do little or nothing to console them. The staff were moody rude and didn't look like they wanted to be there half the time and this spoilt it for me I do-not expect to be hissed at when i ask for extra milk in my coffee nor do i expect to walk to the other end of the bar where he poured my drink to collect it,
Food wasn't too bad certainly alot of selection if your Russian or German, English are not catered for stop...they had nothing English in fact apart from eggs?? just saying, it would have been nice to have a choice. and I do when in Rome eat like Romans, there was just nothing that looked appetising to me.
WIFI you pay 50 lira for a week, 30 Lira for 3 days and 10 lira for one, dont expect the WIFI in your room or by the pool, it works only in reception and the cafe bar... and is incredibly frustrating to keep connected. RIP off, I complained and said they should mention this before purchase and all they offered was to cancel, nothing more.
Late checkout is £30 for 3 hours if you want longer its an extra £30

I personally wouldn't go back and cannot believe everyone raves about it, we paid to stay next door at the Palloma renaissance, $40 a day, and believe me it was far and above the Champion they were polite courteous and couldn't do enough for you. I felt like they wanted their guests to have a good time and enjoy their stay. They had a coffee bar with numerous amounts of cake and pastries for afternoon tea as well and many restaurants and bars the beach was amazing. for food and service.

Wouldnt recommend and wouldnt go back...

Room Tip: Request a room away from children if you do chose to go here but beware walls are like paper, you ca...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank molleym
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment.

We want to say that we will try to change the missings due to your comments and will try to do the best for our guest satisfaction.

We promise you can not see any missing next time whixh you talk about and that will be an honour for us to welcome you one more time to Show that.

Mrs.Ömürden ÖNCEL ÖZMEN
tyne and wear
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Just returned after a week at the Champion Holiday Village, May 27th to June 3rd - what a lovely place to stay, I travelled alone with small child, approximately 1 hour transfer from airport. Upon arrival hotel reception staff were friendly and helpful and surroundings was very clean and tidy. The main grounds and swimming pools were very clean indeed. There are 4 pools in total, one just for adults, main pool, child's pool with slide and 2 waterslides with its own pool for exit. life guards on duty when slides are open. Beach towels are supplied with a returnable deposit of 10 euro's each and can be exchanged everyday and not bad quality towels either!!. Rooms are cleaned daily, bath towels exchanged daily and maids will do anything for you. Rooms have a fridge, AC, TV and hairdryer and safe. you do have to pay a deposit at reception for your safe which is not refundable.. You a get a free 15 minute back massage per adult, the token is to be used within 2 days of arrival in the spa and wellness centre.
There are kids clubs for all ages, and although my child wouldn't use them, from what I saw every child seem happy and entertained, they worked hard and long hours but always seemed to make time for each and every child! There was also a animation team that entertained every one else day and night, very friendly, they offered a variety of things to do, I especially loved the yoga, aqua aerobics and step class's it was supposed to be a rest week for me!!
Restaurants (Main) could get a little busy at times, so I would either recommend you go for them opening or wait until after the rush has settled, but food was plentiful and replenished when running low, very enjoyable and for the picker person IE my little one. they would even make her some thing if she didn't like what was there!! ice creams available here twice a day with lunch and dinner.
(Snack Bar) chips, burgers, pizza, chicken, fruit and salad
(Café Bar) fruit, and late snacks served 11.30 - 12.00

Stephanie the rep for this hotel - I only had the pleasure of meeting her once, really nice, even gave me her direct number if I wanted to go out, or needed her she told me just to call

Overall a very enjoyable holiday, yes I would recommend it and would return.. English are the minority here, and there seems to be only a handful of brits at anyone time, but your holiday is what you make it!!

Room Tip: stayed In room 612 beside silent pool, far enough away from the main area,
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank pom100

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Arrived at this hotel in the middle of the night September 2011,
That was the only bad thing about our time spent there.
Room was brilliant and overlooked the quiet pool, the main pool was really nice and also quite quiet.
Staff were fantastic couldn't do enough.
The food was some of the best we've had and such a variety.
We met some brilliant people there and this June we are returning with them hoping for as good a time.
Ps. Nearly forgot, we were sitting by the pool when one of the owners came and gave us all bookmarks as a reminder of our stay. Just a little thing I know but it was really nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

We have just returned from a week at the champion holiday village (9th May). It was our first all inclusive holiday and so I was not 100% sure what to expect. First I have to add that we were delayed flying out and had we not we would have arrived in time for dinner, unfortunately we arrived at about ten o'clock and after travelling all day (we had been at the airport since 7am) when we arrived we had to wait till 11.30pm for food, this wouldnt have been as bed if we hadn't had young children with us. So my advice really is if you don't want to wait that late after traveling and you are delayed get some snacks at the airport.

The rest of my holiday was a pleasure, the food was surprisingly good and I didn't find it repetitive at all. The staff made an effort to change lunch and dinner hot dishes daily and to be honest how many diffent things can you offer for breakfast! I had know problems with getting a table, if occasionally you did have to get your own knives and forks.

Having read the reviews before we went I had seen that people said you needed to get up early and reserve your towels by the pool/beach as they all go really quickly. We didn't do this the first day and struggled to get beds by the beach and the pool at varying times during the day, so for the ret of the holiday we popped down before breakfast and left some. The hotel was majority Russian but this didnt bother us.

I have a six year old son and for the first time I put him in the children's club. The only downside is the club is all run in Russian, most of the staff do speak English and a very welcoming and, after a morning where my aunt had to sit with my son at the club, he went running in and seemed quite happy to attend for a couple of sessions.

The rooms were lovely we had the two roomed bedroom with two bathrooms. As there were three adults and a child this worked out brilliantly. They were cleaned daily and the towels were changed regularly. I have know complaints about the staff they were friendly and the entertainment team were great. They were always inviting you to join in and were dry enthusiastic. We joined in with the water aerobics, which was good if you could have taken out the massaging of each other! But that's a personal thing and shouldn't reflect the good job the staff did at keeping peolple entertained.

Overall our holiday was good. The only downside for us was Thomas Cook. We didn't find the rep particularly helpful and only saw her at the welcome meeting. There were lots of different excursions and it would have been nice if some of them had been 'sold' to us rather then read through them and them come and see me if you want to book. My other issue was that all the trips were in £ rather then lira, this is fine if your travelling with £ but if like us your not then the exchange rate goes against you. I personally like to use the correct currency and did not like how other currency's were pushed.

We did the sea to sky trip, I had read about it before we went and so already wanted to do it. You go to ruins which are lovely and are next to the beach so that part is combined. I didn't feel you got very long here, as it is very big and I would have liked to explore it more. The say you can go for a swim but personally as you then go up in a cable car where there is more the likely going to be snow it's probably best not to be wet! You the go to a restaurant which is a trout farm a well, we were told that you got to sit at tables that are set in the stream but the reality is that when you get the there the coach trips are sat overlooking the tables in the stream! Overall it was a good trip and worth doing if maybe a little expensive at £55 or 159 lira.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Greenock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was our 4th visit to the Champion Holiday Village in just over 2 years. They really have kept the high standards up.

Our room was beautiful and appeared freshly decorated. As returning guests we were welcomed with fruit and wine and a letter from the Guest Relations Manager. Our view was over the "silence pool" which was just perfect.

The buffet meals were again of an excellent quality, particularly the abundance of fresh Mediterranean fruits and vegetables. The salad bar is very extensive and interesting. Drinks were fine with most choices available within the package. The standard Efes Turkish beer is fine and refreshing without being too strong. The house wines are not of a great quality, but drinkable.

Clients as usual were mainly Russian and Ukrainian, so don't expect too much conversation. There were a good crowd of Brits who mainly loved the place. It did not appeal to those who aren't happy with lots of non English or small children.

Days out this time included trips into Antalya on the bus and a foray to the beautiful ruins of Phaselis. The latter was dead easy with the bus to Kemer then another 30 minutes to Phaselis. The bus drivers are all very helpful and it's easy to get around. Phaselis is beautiful and set amongst pine forests along picuresque bays and inlets. There are loos and showers and a café for small snacks. Next year we will spend the day and take swimming gear and a picnic.

Overall the Champion seems to be a great hotel for both families and couples with there being distinct facilities for both. There is plenty to do and see and the opportunity to relax and unwind in an all inclusive setting.

We will be back (again).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tim F

Tamworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just returned from a week at Champion holiday village,travelled with my partner. What can I say but a perfect relaxing holiday with lots of fun.

One thing to know is the animation team didnt start until half way through my holiday ie.1st May, that's when season starts. So you had choice then, complete relaxation or join in the fun and games.

Gala dinner was fantastic , apparently they do this once a fortnight, tables layed like at a wedding reception,chairs covered with seat covers and fancy bows , live band, all outside with so much food, ie kebabs,.whole lamb on a spit, lam huge tuna, fajitas,salads, all kinds of hot food, amazing.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, however, I have a son in a wheelchair who didnt come with me this time,it would have been difficult to get him on beach due to steps, there is a narrow path around a wall down to the pier and ramp to beach but I think the wheelchair would be a tad too wide,but the rest of complex is perfectly.flat, lift to restaurant, some of rooms have a ramp, because even ground floor has growls

The hotel is family run , hence you definitely receive the personal touches. I will be visiting again that's for sure,

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank doogledoo

CHAMPION HOLIDAY VILLAGE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beldibi
Karmir Resort & Spa
Club Salima
#11 of 29 in Goynuk
Maxx Royal Kemer Resort
Crystal Flora Beach Resort

Been to Champion Holiday Village? Share your experiences!