“Champion Holiday Village - Not Champion place”

Champion Holiday Village
Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Beldibi
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just come back on the 14th October from a 2 week all inc holiday at the Champion Holiday Village. What a let down...arrived at 4am in the morning shown to our room which they had not realised we had a 10 year old with us so nothing was made up for her... They sent over house keeping to setup a sofa bed and was told if we come to reception later that morning we would be given a family room... went to reception and this did not happen none available but they gave young couple with no children a family room. hmmmmmm

Thomas cook Rep... as useful as a chocolate watch in the sahara desert... waste of time basicly told us that the area is rubbish.. Kids Club they have german and russian clubs but nothing for British. Disco time all in Russian... Entertainment you get bored before it starts as they say it in so many different languages before the anounce it in english which is hard to understand as it is being said by a russian girl...

All inclusive refused to serve us at the bar at 23:50 a group of brits at a table getting a round in before all inc finishes. Still served the russians

Most nights due to the lack of entertainment for the brits we was in our room at 10 watching american sitcoms with turkish subtitles.

Positive : Staff were friendly to us and the Pool was nice (spent most of time there). Sun Beds no problem at the pool. Turkish Market opposite hotel (even stall holders moaned about the russians) House Keeping was excellent clean linen and towels every day. Nice grounds and surrounding.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Christopher D

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I feel the same as many others about the negative reviews!!!!!! really ??? friendly family hotel clean lovely setting with the mountains behind you beach pebbles and a lil rough use the walk boards and pier to enter sea no problem food typical but plenty so you wont starve pools clean well maintained staff friendly yes lots of russians ,say hi as you would any one else and u get the same back you are in the middle of the strip so when you step out of hotel you have 2.5 of shops to the left and 2.5 mile of shops to the right. Bust stop outside hotel great for going into Kemer for 2 turkish lira each amazing shops there millions of them it seems takes about 40 mins lovely coast road ride get off at main bus station and picked up there to bus runs every ten mins great stay would book this hotel again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank elliott19
Reviewed September 30, 2012

After reading some of the reviews I was a bit doubtful that a hotel that I have booked could be a big let down, however, the people who wrote those reviews must have been on a completely different holiday to what I was on.

We arrived 23/09/2012, and me and my partner were soon welcomed by friendly faces, We were told all the information we need to know and was given two coupons for two free 15 minute massages and the bell boy took us straight to our room.

The room is very spacious with lots of storage over looking the gardens. They have decorated the rooms to a very high standard and it was a very comforting atmosphere and relaxing. you have to pay extra for the safe which is 1 euro a day or 2 lira a day. The maids clean the room daily and do a good job of it also. They smile and make conversation every time you see them around the complex.

The staff, admittedly do not speak a lot of english but what else do you expect your not in England but in a foreign country.. duh! They try their hardest to talk back to you and give smiles with every word. Me and my partner enjoyed their company. They try everything in their power to meet your needs and for this i am very thank full.

For those who says its full or Russians and Germans, get over yourselves, Yes it is, But they are welcoming to you if you are to them. I know for certain I would not want a hotel full of British people and am glad for the mix of cultures.

The food is amazing and they have a gala night each week and also turkish nights. These are fabulous and every ounce of effort goes into them. The food is cooked to a very high standard and even though its the same meats they are cooked in a different way with different spices. There are two a la carte restaurants, one turkish and one fish. They are both very good and would recommend to everyone that goes :D.

Me and my partner tried the turkish bath and scrub package with a massage and face mask which was 30 euros each for 60 minutes!, I would definitely recommend this to anyone who's thinking of a pamper day!

The location of the hotel is brilliant, there are 4 miles stretch of shops and markets at the front of the hotel with a shuttle bus running every ten minutes to Kemmer which will cost you only 4 lira., and your very own beach to the back with its own private yacht and boat overlooking the mountains of Beldibi.

The only downfall to the hotel are the sun beds, many do go to the pool very early to reserve the beds, the silent pool is very relaxing and offers a lot of sun beds for if you are stuck make sure you try there as it has its own private bar also.

Definitely going back there next year, Thank you Champion Holiday Village for an amazing week :D

4  Thank Kirsty E
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Had a great time, the silent pool was very relaxing.

Food was well cooked but a little repetitive.

One suggestion to the hotel, try to avoid putting families overlooking the silent pool, possibly try and put couples with no children in the same block.

Rooms are a good size and clean and tidy with comfy beds.

The grounds were well kept, entertainment was pretty good for a hotel.

Gala night is good fun and the staff put a lot of effort in,

Plenty of seating in and around the main bar, the head barman did a great job, my glass was never empty, I didn't catch his name but he's worth a mention.

Overall couldn't really fault the hotel, though there are lots if Russians and they can be quite abrupt.

As a personal thing, we met Mark, Mel and Bill, forgot to get their email , if you read this drop us a line. (John n Debs) it'd be good to keep in touch.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our stay was from 07/09/2012 - 14/09/2012; we always return for a week in September and once again we were treated like a King and Queen by all the staff. We arrived around 10pm booked in to our spacious room very quickly, unpacked and went straight to the bar. We were greeted by the excellent barman Turquay who is the most efficient person you could ever have behind a busy bar. He knew we had nothing to eat as the plane food is rubbish so he quickly asked the kitchen to make up a plate of cheese, meat and salad with fresh bread which we really appreciated. Biral the Operations Manager is like an old friend looks great in his latest Panama hat and never a day went by without he came and spoke to us to make sure we were well and happy. The animation team this year was the best ever, good at their jobs and very friendly. Service in the restaurant was very good we were always found a table and drinks sent over very quickly; we never had to queue up at the bar. The Food over the years has improved with a much better variety and plenty of it. Glad to see they have kept up the Gala night as this is a fun night. The maids who clean the rooms were excellent and I left a sapphire and diamond ring on the bedside table; guess what it was still there in the evening so even though we had a safe it was nice to know our cleaning lady was a very honest person. The gardens are always kept in good condition and the pools are very clean. What can we say except we will go back again next year and we hope the lovely Biral will still be there as he has a brilliant personality. If anyone has any bad points to say about this hotel all we can say is they must lead a very sad life!

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are good as they are a long way from all the entertainment so nice and quiet.
7  Thank LesleyCHighWycombe
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Booked a package holiday through Thomas Cook after reading reviews about this hotel and was cautiously optimistic.
We booked a taxi for the airport transfers as Thomas Cook was going to charge over £50 for their coach transfers which stop at a dozen other hotels and take forever. Private taxi booked online was 80 euro return. A little more expensive but quicker, more pleasant and you can choose your own timetable.
Anyway we arrived at the hotel shortly after 1am on Monday morning, were quickly checked in and taken to our room. I could've cried. The room was barely big enough to hold a small double bed and the 'balcony' was smaller than a shower cubicle. The next morning we asked reception to be moved and were told they were fully booked and come back tomorrow; we called the local Thomas Cook number and reported the problem, saw the rep that evening and was told we would be moved the next morning. Several trips to the reception later to check on progress, we were moved to our new room (room 627) on Tuesday afternoon. It was perfect- just like shown in other people’s photographs. Huge bed (2 small doubles together) was firm but comfortable, bathroom was twice the size and better finished and the full sized balcony overlooked the quiet no children allowed Silence Pool.

The hotel is more of a mini village or large complex. Each apartment block sits well apart in the forested grounds and the grounds themselves are immaculate. There are 3 pools, a pond with hammocks, 4 bars, 2 restaurants, and a mini theatre with shows every night and the hotels own private beach. When the sun got too much we would snorkel and watch the fish. There are also boats trips and activities available from the pier. Sometimes we would just wander about the beautiful grounds with beer or wine in hand and enjoy the views of the mountains in the background, or the sea to the front. It really was a perfect spot.

The staff were unfailingly pleasant and helpful and there were a small army of them there to make your holiday perfect. When I sat in the bar with my head in my hands after losing my iPad, a young waitress came over to make sure I was ok! How sweet.
The week’s holiday was amazing. I couldn’t fault the room, the entire complex or the staff even if I wanted too. I would definitely return.

The only thing that marred the experience was on our final day. We checked out at 11am and were told we could use the showers and towels in the spa to clean up that evening (our flight wasn’t till 1am). But the staff there (apparently it’s operated independently of the hotel) wouldn’t let us use the facilities. I marched up to reception to complain, was told I couldn’t use the Spa. I then marched down to the guest relations manager who wasn’t in the office, marched back to spa to get my partner, marched back to the relations manager who eventually made the spa relent. At this point the spa was closing so we rushed in to shower and leave. A male member of staff opened the door 3 times (to hurry us along I presume) even when he saw that I (a female) was trying to get dressed. The final time he simply marched in. To say I was angry was an understatement, but we rushed to dress, grab our bags and go. In all this to-do, I left my iPad behind and only realised later when the Spa had shut. My partner spoke to the Relations manager when we returned home this morning, and it’s been located. I just have to get it shipped back. I hold the Spa staff (not hotel staff I stress) accountable for the loss due to their behaviour before and after the shower.
But the staff relations manager was incredibly helpful in trying to, and eventually resolving the matter. My thanks to him- he is a great asset to the hotel,

A few comments/handy hints:
• If you want sun throughout the day the best beds are either along the side of the main pool nearest the kid’s water slide, or along the top of the pool on the other side, up top of the few steps. Going mid-Sept meant that we were always able to get a lounger even with our late starts but if you want a lounger by the sea- get up reeeeeally early. We didn’t.
• Russians do get up early to book loungers amongst other things. If this is going to bother you or you go at a busier time, just accept this as a fact of life to reduce your stress levels. And set your alarm for at about 7am.
• Make sure you try the Gozleme made beside the bar nearest the sea- a lady makes them from 11-16.15 and you can get sweet or savoury. Tip the lady a few lira as it’s a hard job sitting in the heat all day frying pancakes.
• If you want to do a fair bit of sight-seeing I would consider hiring a car. There is so much to see and the drive along the coast is stunning. We didn’t but will next time. A trip to Termessos took 2 buses and a taxi. Bus from Beldibi to Antalya bus station, another bus from the station to the bottom of the 9km road to Termessos, and a taxi up the 9km road. We were told there were lots of taxis that would be waiting, but there wasn’t a sinner to be seen apart from an elderly woman shelling peanuts. A brief moment of panic was followed by a pantomime with the peanut lady who spoke no English and we no Turkish, which was followed by a larger moment of panic when no taxi arrived for another 15 mins and we wondered if we and the lady had been talking about the same thing. Taxi arrived and cost 50 lira return, not 16 lira as we noted on another site. Termessos itself was, for me, more enjoyable than other more developed sites- less people and very often shaded and cooler. There isn’t much info on site so if you enjoy actually knowing information and history about the ruins you are looking at- print from the internet and take with you. It’s not a difficult walk, but I would advise good enclosed shoes or trainers as there are a lot of loose stones underfoot that can make footing difficult. You are also walking on the carved rocks from the ruins which are smooth and can be slippy. If you are not the fittest or surest of foot, walk back down the way you came up as its easier than the return path. The walk can be done in well under 2 hours but allow yourself 3 so you can have lunch sitting in the Theatre and watch the world go by. The bus/taxi return journey took us 2 hours 40 mins and with buses not having air-con- it was hellish.
• We also did a tour with Thomas Cook which involved a boat ride to see sunken ruins, the church of Saint Nicholas (Santa Claus) and the ruins of Myra. The drive along the coast was stunning. The boat trip was a slow cruise out to the island, showing the sunken ruins along the way. Then we were promised an hour of swimming in the sea, but got about 20 mins before they raised anchor and took the direct route back to harbour (it took 5 mins and didn’t even give you enough time to dry off). So we felt somewhat cheated. Myra was lovely to look at but there are hoards of other tourists there too and walking about isn’t shaded- I think thats why I preferred Termessos with its cooler walk and less people. The church was nice but I could’ve lived without seeing it. From pick-up to drop off we were gone 10.5hours and about 6 hours of that was travelling on the coach. If I was to do it again I would use the hire car to fully appreciate the coastal drive, and see other things. Possibly do a longer boat trip along the stunning coast.

Final note- in my opinion this is a great spot for young families or anyone wanting a quiet relaxing holiday in a beautiful spot. If you are after foam parties, cheap shots and young people sprawled drunk in the streets then its not for you.

3  Thank Weeble_Wobbles
Reviewed September 23, 2012

we arrived in the early hours and were greeted by friendly staff who got us too our rooms as quickly as possile. The setting for the hotel was fantastic and the lay-out was very accessable. the manager was on hand every day to deal with any problems we had (not that we had any) the food was great, plenty of choice for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Ive read some bad reviews about this hotel and i can agree with some of the issues raised, but ONLY if you haven't had a good look around and found out all that is on offer! If i have to moan about anything then it would be the lack of facilities for baby changing, apart from that we had an amazing 2 week holiday and would definatley return for another stay. I find it very difficult to believe some of the comments made in the bad reviews, we couldn't find fault with anything realy and all i can say is that if you want english speaking and english food then HOLIDAY IN ENGLAND! the staff are very helpful and if you take the trouble to learn a few turkish and even german frases then you will get on fine! I'd like to commend the manager, he walks around all day, chatting to guests and keeping the staff on their toes, this all leads to a very well run hotel. Please make up your own minds about this hotel but take my advise and give it a go. If you do have any problems then tell the guest relations and they will sort it. Can't wait to visit again with my children!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beldibi
Mirage Park Resort
#6 of 287 in Kemer
Rixos Sungate
Rixos Sungate
#3 of 64 in Beldibi

Been to Champion Holiday Village? Share your experiences!