We returned from Rixos Sungate around 2 weeks ago and was happy to get home. we traveled in a group. 5 adults 1 child (4) and 2 infants (2 and 1). On first viewing the hotel is amazing, beautifully landscaped and everything immaculately clean and perfectly in place.
Our first bad experience was checking in, the reception staff saw we were waiting to check in but rude eastern Europeans kept pushing in to complain about this and that. after checking in we were taken to our rooms on 2 big golf buggy's which was fun, the bell boys are extremely hard working and very friendly they loved my little daughter so much he got her out of the pram to give her a cuddle. after taking all of the cases into the 3 rooms we had the bell boys disappeared to let us unpack. We were in block 5 which is the family block right at the back of the resort "THE ROOMS ARE AMAZING" only problem is on the edge of the balcony around 3 foot before the glass is a sheer 2 feet drop where they have used plants to attempt to cover it up but not good with young kids, my 2 year old nephew fell straight down it banging his head (not a great start).
The pools are very good so many to choose from and the sunbeds were amazingly comfortable, but i had to get up every morning at 7:30 just to get sunbeds because after 8:30 you had no chance! we put our 4 year old son in the kids club for a few hours, then 2 hours later got a phone call from the staff to say he was crying. When the missus arrived to collect him she was informed he had been sitting there crying the whole time but staff only bothered to call us 2 hours later. (he was crying as there were no other English children and he couldn't understand what anyone said) also there is only 1 English speaking kids club helper and her English is far from fluent.
The water park is great fun for adults and kids only issue is the rude eastern Europeans, on one slide i went to the top my son went down whilst i was waiting for my son to come off at the bottom a child ran and barged past and threw himself down, kicking my son in the back half way down. the lifeguards try their best but there is not enough of the to cover every slide which is silly! the other pain is fighting rude little kids for the rings on some of the slides!
the bug with the restaurants is trying to find a highchair, we spent 25 minutes one night just searching for a highchair!
3 days before our return home my 1 year old come up in an extremely bad and aggressive rash, she seemed okay in herself but we took her to the onsite doctor anyway. we was charged €87 for him to tell us it was an infection that he couldn't cure, (we were in there no more than 5 minutes). that evening i received and call from guest services asking me to make my way down for a chat about my daughter. upon arriving i was politely told by a member of the guest services that i was not to allow my daughter to play with any other children and also not allow her to go in the pool, despite the fact her older brother was perfectly fine so it wasn't contagious. after being told this all we wanted to do was get home. they also tried to tell us that she had brought it with her and it was our fault!
upon arriving home the next day my nephew who was also with us came out in the same rash, we took both children to A&E where they took swabs of the rashes, we have now had the results and found out that it was caused by a bacteria called bacillus which is found in food that has been left out too long, An affects children whose immune systems are yet to develop fully!
ALL IN ALL GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE WHO GOES
WOULD NEVER GO BACK!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- REDICOVER RIXOS SUNGATE. Rixos Sungate has welcomed the 2011 summer with a brand new face, working in conjunction with 4 construction firms and 2 highly respected architects throughout the winter period to renovate its rooms and public areas to create new projects to satisfy its guests. Rixos Sungate is once again prepared to create a holiday experience that is above expectations. The brand new 8 Grand Deluxe Villas are located at our VIP area, at 241m2 and with 3 bedrooms, kitchen, brand new interior design, private pool and exclusive guest services, Rixos Sungate has incorporated luxury and comfort whilst being both private and discreet. The VIP section has its own garden, private pool and entrance, along with the Siesta Bar and Supreme VIP Restaurant. Our 12 brand new Villa Executive Gardens have the distinction of being the only villas overlooking the sea with private terrace, pool and access to the Aegean Restaurant; we are proud to offer VIP services to our guests. All our rooms will have LCD for our guests enjoyment and Wi-Fi will be available so that the world is a click away. To take full advantage of the pleasures of the beach and sun, we have designed and built 2 brand new piers for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rixos Sungate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sungate Port Royal Hotel
- Sungate Port Royal Beldibi
- Sungate Hotel
- Rixos Sungate Antalya Province/Beldibi, Turkey