Rixos Sungate
Imeros(Beldibi)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
3,998 results
All reviewslotus baraqua parkpool partyvip pierturkeyrixy clubzip linea la carte restaurantsguest servicesbig hotelrussian guestsnight showsperfect hotelspecial thankspiano barlanguage barriermain restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Me and my boyfriend aged (18-20) have just come home from this hotel it was our first holiday together and I couldn't have found a better hotel, it was so lovely and clean and everyone was so welcoming and polite even when we arrived at 2 in the morning the young boy toke our luggage up and showed us to our rooms. All of the staff in the restaurants were so helpful, they couldn't do enough for you the pool area is huge and so many seats to choose from, it was so lovely at this time of year because it was chilled although 1st-10th may is 'Mayfest' a big party festival thing for a lot of Russians it's there party season I think not sure, there was loud music around the pool and beach area but as we are young I enjoyed the music while laying in the sun. I had been warned about some Russians being really rude but I had no incidents with anyone it was so pleasant and peaceful. If you go here you have to try the Chinese "mandarian" and the Italian "oliva" restaurants the food was incredible. You do have to pay extra for these 2 in particular but very much worth it! The whole hotel resort is just beautiful everywhere you walked or looked had such amazing views and flowers. It was nice in the evening to walk around the resort in the warm evenings. The staff were so lovely especially in the piano bar, we went there every night and stayed in there for hours drinking playing cards and chatting, I can't remember this young mans name but he was so lovely and helpful, chatty and polite, I would recommend this holiday to anyone all age groups! There is stuff for young kids and older adults, it was an amazing holiday, will defiantly be visiting again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank JessicaXo18
Rixos S, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Rixos Sungate, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for your feedback. All the comments and opinions are important for us in order to improve our service quality. We are very pleased about the opinions you have shared with us. It made us so happy that you were pleased about your stay which is our main goal. Your comments have been examined in detail by the management and the required adjustments will be made according to their suitabilities. Thank you for your interest and we wish to see you and your boyfriend here again.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is quite an immense complex with loads of activities to enjoy and fun for (almost) everyone.
The staff is usually very helpful: although the English is not great and you will be more likely to find whoever you are trying to speak to being more at ease with Russian (which most of the guests seem to be) than English.
The rooms are nice and spacious: we stayed in a Standard room next to the quiet pool with partial sea view from our balcony (our room had a great balcony divided into two sections: one closed with a chaise-longue and air-conditioned, and one open-air with a desk and some chairs).
There are loads of swimming pools depending on what you prefer: beware, best spots get busy very early in the morning so it's best to go and reserve your spot as soon as you wake-up. The quiet pool is usually "quieter" rather than "quiet" as parents do still go over with kids now and then making a lot of splash and noise. There is an aqua park (pretty much filled with kids, but adults are also allowed) which is really fun and we enjoyed it for some adrenaline time during the day. Also, the dock has a nice diving platform which is a great experience. I didn't try the VIP dock, as I thought it was a it expensive and I prefer to walk around the resort and try different things throughout the day.
The restaurant buffet is really nice (I got addicted to those mini-pizza) and the offering is so diverse that it will be hard for you to try every single thing available. You can also book some of the other on-site restaurants, so do try those if you feel like having a fancier dinner-out.
Nigh entertainment is ok, although I preferred just staying at the main bar outside and haing a drink/relaxing, which is what this holiday was all about.
If you like beaches you may be disappointed though: there isn't really "sand" around these parts of the Mediterranean and it rather consists of very small rocks (which meant I had to take my "Havayanas" with me into the water). The water is extremely salty though, so you float on top as if there was no gravity.
As I said, the resort is quite big, so prepare to walk a bit, but do enjoy the perks along the way (such as the ice-cream in the afternoon).

Room Tip: Try to get a room with sea-view on the quiet-pool corner as these are quieter (farther away from nigh entertainment) and allow you to enjoy the balcony at the end of the day before dinner.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dfvital

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your constructive comment at the Tripadvisor page that is very useful for improving the service we offer guests at the Rixos Sungate Hotel.
We are very pleased about the opinions you have shared with us. Rixos Sungate Hotel evaluates every opinion and believes its importance for our service quality. Additionally it provides an opportunity to improve our services. Your comments have been examined in detail by the management and the required adjustments will be made according to their suitabilities. Thank you for your interest and wish you come to our hotel again.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

All the staff members we met were very friendly and helpfull.
The hotel is in fact a huge complex resort. It took us 2 days just to explore it.
The gardens and lawns are beautifull.
~
It was a quiet and peacefull week, off season, between the Iranian new year holiday and a Russian festival. I can imagine a total different experience at the high season.
~
The food at the dining rooms was very good. Very large selection. Two things can be improved (according to my personal taste):1) more whole food. like brown rice and high fiber bread. 2) substitude to cow milk, like soy milk or almond milk. I contacted the guest relations in advance and got soy milk as a free and special service.
~
The Hammam was a great experience for our kids.
The indoor juccuzi was too cold.

Room Tip: Make sure that your room is not above a bar. Can get noise at night. The bigger standard rooms we got were spacious and nice. It's a good idea to contact the guest relations and ask for a free room upgrade. Sometimes it's possible.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Rixos S, Guest Service Team at Rixos Sungate, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2014

Dear A_IN_TELAVIV ,

How nice for you to have stayed with us! Thanks for your advice and i still agree with you that a prior notification is hihlly recommended.

Have a lovely year.

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We gone to rixos with great expectations for congres.There was no many tourist at hotel due to season.Rooms are moderate and all things old.Service quality was a terrible at restaurant.Variety and quality of food was not enough .You can get free fresh squizeed orange juice at only breakfast.
I like tunis caffee house and workers Üstün, Aslı ,bonzai japaneese restourant and Mihriban.Mihribans sushi menu was a delicious.I think we wont go another time to rixos exept Bonzai restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank ajankat

Dear ajankat,

Thanks for your review. Sometimes the time of your visit matters.We recommend you make a holiday at the peak of the season around June-July-August when the hotel has it's busiest time.

Take good care and see you soon.

Good Luck!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

we were accommodated in this hotel for a week.It was amazing nice hotel BUT unfortunately my branded expensive sun glass was stolen from my purse which was in my locked room.It was shocking accident for me because normally in 5 star hotels like Rixos Sungate ,crew must be honorable.after all my constant in effort to accomplish to find the house keeping lady who was cleaning my room, the security manager told me that" you can call the police because we just trust our old crew"!!!
by the way my room number was 4352

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Sasan A
Rixos S, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Rixos Sungate, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Guests,

We are very sad that you had negative experience during your stay.
After the unfortunate situation we investigated room entrance records, cameras and did not detect any suspected occurrence. And informed you about results.
Once again, we would like to express our honest apologies and we truly hope, that we might be able to welcome you again in the future, and that we can than convince you of how reliable we usually work.