I waited for more than one month before writing this review, hoping I would receive a reply to our repeated emails to the management. Seeing the indifference of the management to our mails, I decided that I should let everyone know our unpleasant experience in the hotel.
We went to this hotel at the begining of September, we were a group of 8 adults and 4 children. The hotel is very beautiful and the scenary is wonderful. Maybe because the beauty of the hotel attracts tourists, they don't think is necessary to invest in guest relations.
During our last evening, while we were out having dinner, some of our personal belongings were stolen from our (locked) room: laptop, camera, wallet, mobile phone. The police was of course allerted, but they could not do anything because the video cameras were placed to far to record anything visible. In a nutshell, we requested to hotel in in repeaded e-mails that we are covered for our personal losses, and nobody gave us a positive answer. We only received one call from the hotel, asking if we have any news on the robbery (!!!!). Although our personal losses cannot be estimated, because we are talking about personal memories recorded on the video camera or personal data on the computer, we know for fact that the liability insurance of the hotel for the damages on their tourist should cover at least the money of our losses (without mentioning our personal unquantifiable losses). However, as already mentioned, nobody ever answered our mails.
Apart from the above, we had some other experiences, let's say, where we expected staff to be more helpful and guest oriented. It was not compulsory for them, but in a five star hotel, you expect to be treated like a king.
One of them was the birthday celebration for one of the persons in our group. We kindly asked for a small birthday cake to be brought to us in the restaurant and some champaign. We were told that this was not possible, with not explanation. As a comparison, we were in other resorts in Antalya (Susesi in Belek), and we received a birthday card and a bottle of champaign in the room (without even asking for it).
And the last, but not the least, we went parasailing in the last day, but, since the recording of our parasail was not ready when we left, we kindly asked them to send us the dvd by post (or e-mail us the recording). We received this weird e-mail from an employee, where they told us the transport cost is 80 USD!!! and that we should wire the money to the personal account of that employee's spouse, before they sent the dvd. We provided alternative solutions, but it seems they were not good enough for them, since they haven't replied ever since...
As a conclusion, beautiful resort, but their care for the guests is inexistent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- REDICOVER RIXOS SUNGATE. Rixos Sungate has welcomed the 2011 summer with a brand new face, working in conjunction with 4 construction firms and 2 highly respected architects throughout the winter period to renovate its rooms and public areas to create new projects to satisfy its guests. Rixos Sungate is once again prepared to create a holiday experience that is above expectations. The brand new 8 Grand Deluxe Villas are located at our VIP area, at 241m2 and with 3 bedrooms, kitchen, brand new interior design, private pool and exclusive guest services, Rixos Sungate has incorporated luxury and comfort whilst being both private and discreet. The VIP section has its own garden, private pool and entrance, along with the Siesta Bar and Supreme VIP Restaurant. Our 12 brand new Villa Executive Gardens have the distinction of being the only villas overlooking the sea with private terrace, pool and access to the Aegean Restaurant; we are proud to offer VIP services to our guests. All our rooms will have LCD for our guests enjoyment and Wi-Fi will be available so that the world is a click away. To take full advantage of the pleasures of the beach and sun, we have designed and built 2 brand new piers for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rixos Sungate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sungate Port Royal Hotel
- Sungate Port Royal Beldibi
- Sungate Hotel
- Rixos Sungate Antalya Province/Beldibi, Turkey