“miss sold holiday”

Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Beldibi
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“miss sold holiday”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The rep described this hotel as having rustic charm but don't be fooled the hotel is an absolute dump. The pictures are very misleading although the beach front location was nice it was not particularly picturesque. The onlyassett this hotel has is the fabulous pools and that is about it. We have stayed in many hotels in Turkey and paid a comparable rate and had far better. This hotel is not four star moe like two and half to three star. Very disapointing all inclusive food very repetitive and the breakfasts were disgusting. If you were planning on staying at this hotel for two weeks then good luck you will be sick of the food. This hotel is dark, dingy and drab needing a total refurbishment, the gardens are overgrown and the balconies in darkness so forget about relaxing on them the balcony furniture was x 2 small metal chairs. There is no air conditioning in the main parts of the hotel and there is definately a could not care less attitutude from the staff. All in all an experience never to be repeated it is an absolute shambles and not worth the money. Do yourselves a favour and go to Lara Beach or over to Dalaman region you will for the same amount of money get a good four star hotel in a good location with good food. For those that think this hotel is good you are obviously not well travelled are you. p.s Emree hope you liked the sunglasses from Adam. Just to let you know you have to step into the shower to get in the bathroom a bit tricky when you have had a few drinks. You have been warned.

Room Tip: We were told most rooms are the same standard
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank TheGarveys

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have been to this hotel 3 times and might be going back next year. This hotel is the best hotel I have ever been to. Everybody is so friendly and welcoming. All the staff go out of the way to help you especially the waiters because if you are looking for a table they will go and find one and take you to the table. The only thing that went wrong this year was the hotel next door had a dico from 9pm to 4am but hopefully it wont put people off coming to this lovely hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank rburness
Tamworth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We first went to this hotel 3 years ago and had such an amazing time we wanted to return. We were finally able to book this with availability in the hotel at the time we wished to go. We chose this hotel based on our previous experiences and the fact of having a 7 year old daughter and the fact the hotel had a kids club and slides.
On the first day of this holiday while using the ladders to get out of the slide pool my husband slipped - a pure accident which could have happened to anyone. He was taken to hospital for cautionary x-ray and was found to have fractured his toe in two places. An operation and two steel pins later he returned to the hotel. The hotel purchased a pair of crutches for my husband to use in our staff as the hotel nurse wished to charge 10 euro per day to hire and as this was our first day it would have soon mounted up.
We decided to stay for the rest of our holiday and the staff within the hotel went out of their way to meet our needs. Nothing at all was too difficult for them to do. They looked at changing our room for one which was bigger but all larger rooms were on the first floor and negotiatng stairs was not a possibility. Staff within the hotel made sure all our needs were met by regular conversations which took place on an almost daily basis checking on our condition and experiences. Staff waited on my husband bringing drinks to keep hydrated in the hot weather. Entertainment staff made it their mission to find a means of my husband getting into the water to cool down as with open wound was advised not to do so by the hospital but to no avail but thanks so much for trying.
This hotel is amazing with a large proportion of amazing staff within it. At the best of times this is well worth a look at and visit if you are a couple or family both are accomodated but if you are unlucky enough to encounter an experinece as we did this is definately the place to be.
A heart felt thanks to you all - we love you and we will be back and hopefully it will be better next time fully recommended to anyone give it a go you will be impressed!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Keith C
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2013

we have just returned from another fabulous holiday that was our 2nd in the space of 1 month as we enjoyed it so much the first time once we returned home we had rebooked within 2 days, the whole resort was outstanding the food was excellent with a variety for every taste
The staff and entertainers especially made our holiday for us on both occasions, so friendly, chatty and most speak very good english
The room was cleaned daily, clean towels and fridge restocked
On our return recently we requested with agent a room with sea view but obviously cannot be guarenteed due to being peak season but on our arrival we were informed that the following morning we were to be moved to a room with sea view so in short mr GIRGIN guest relations manager does his utmost for each guest where possible
Our thomas cook rep rose jones also couldnt do enough for us althoug we didnt neccesarily "need" her she was always at hand if neccasary
we have now rebooked to return in october with children and we cant now imagine staying anywhere else
peter and julie

Room Tip: all equally good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peter w
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013

As a first time visitor to Turkey I was a little concerned about the levels of quality compared to other Med. resorts/countries but upon arrival the doubts were removed straight away....greeted by a very friendly and professional team in a very nice clean and character building not your usual towerblock type hotel, the restaurant and bar staff approachable and friendly as we were the only English family staying the rest French and Russian we were made very welcome at anytime of the day !!...a small point but important to our stay.
Good fresh food with a good variety with ample choice drinks too from the all inclusive tariff...if you want flash cocktails and branded spririts you have to buy them...fine by me for the price of our holiday.
The pools etc were always cleaned and well presented and the beach the a bit stoney was again always clean and the security guys would always make sure you were safe and comfortable as it was a private area.
Have to say the hussle from the local traders got up my nose a little but I obviously respect their culture a ways of earning a living....tho' possible having blonde daughter dress in the current fashions may have added fuel to the fire a little !.
I would recommend this hotel for a first time visit to the country like me but if I was going to return in the future I would choose Sentido as a group as their quality of service is superior to may other Euro chains I could mention.
Finally after a good time had by all we were greeted with a flight delay....not a problem to my family but at the airport I was embarrassed to be English for the abuse some..mainly women gave the staff..its a tech problem they are thinking of your safety so get over it...its not a problem!!
Those people know who they are and I hope you read this review...

Room Tip: Be courteous !!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank paul h
Tyne and Wear
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I could not fault the location of the hotel, situated within the beautiful mountains and beach front, picture perfect.
However the hotel interior is somewhat dated and worn and could do with upgrades, particularly in the the bathroom area. Upon our first night, we were situated in a room which was facing out onto the discotheque located next door, of which plays exceptionally loud music until 4 am nightly and we did not sleep at all, we requested a room change and the staff were very accommodating thankfully for us, but it was early season and this was possible due to a number of free rooms.
The service was good with friendly staff and reasonable food although somewhat repetitive. I was disappointed massively however, by the limited alcoholic drinks on offer, for an all inclusive package of what I would say is not a cheaply priced break (£1500 per couple for end june/july for one week) I was shocked and very disappointed to see that cocktails were not available within this package, I was then told that you could pay additionally for these (10l approx £3) and was more than happy to do this after overdosing on cheap wine and watered beer, but whenever I asked for one, the staff declined to make one for me!.
I feel this hotel is generally overpriced for what you got for an all inclusive deal and would not return because of this factor.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing onto the bar area as local disco plays loudly, nightly until 4 am
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank FJUK73
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Family of 3, (2 adults and a 15 year old) 2 week stay at Sentido Beldibi from mid june.

When we arrive around 3am we were allocated a family room at the far right of the hotel away from the pool area. We were not too impressed with the room as it was very tired looking, smelled musty and the extremely small patio looked out onto a bit of waste ground. In the morning we asked for a new room and even though we were told hotel was full the staff managed to allocate us a smaller room on the left side of the building which looked onto a tennis court and gardens. It had a nicer outlook, larger patio and the room in general was nicer so even though smaller we took this one. Afterall you don't really spend much time in your room anyway.
There is a big disco along the road from the hotel called Fly club. They have music pumping out til well into the night. It did bother us one night but after that it seemed to be much quieter and we slept fine. A little more on Fly club later.
The hotel grounds are very pretty with lush trees, bushes and flowers. The gardeners are constantly keeping the garden areas tidy and the pools are very nice too. Decent sunbeds and good quality parasols and the toilets were kept pretty clean and smelling fresh most of time I used them (husband said men's toilets were a bit smelly at times).
The restaurant area is nice but it could seriously do with some air con in the open air area. At night it sometimes got pretty unbearable with heat. We arrived in the middle of a heat wave apparently and the temperatures did not dip much below 40 degrees the whole 2 weeks...the waiters told it was around 45 degrees a lot of the time.
Food is lovely, good variety of dishes for every taste. People who complain are just too fussy. I am vegan ,my husband and daughter are both confirmed meat eaters and we all found plenty of food we enjoyed. My husband especially enjoyed the fact the meats were all real cuts of meat rather than processed. We've been at 5 star where a lot of the meat was processed. There is fresh cooked BBQ food every night too. For myself I found plenty of salad dishes, pasta, rice etc. The homemade bread from the oven is very nice. Yes there are a lot of the same dishes out ever night but what do you expect? The variety is big so I don't see a problem.
Hotel staff were all very nice. The waiters in particular can't do enough for you and I'd recommend giving a tip every now and again. The waiters appreciate that and it's reflected in the service you get. We had flower petals laid on our table a few nights and given buckets of ice for our drinks and they will make sure you're drinks are kept replenished. We tipped because we know the staff work very hard (work from 6am til late, 6 days a week). It's just nice to let them know you appreciate their hard work.
Drinks were fine too. My husband drinks beer and I drink wine mainly. All wines I had were lovely (white, red and rose). Warning if you like spirits..they tend to put in rather a lot so you'll have to ask for it weaker if you don't want a G&T that tastes of gin mostly!
We felt the music was a little too loud round the pool areas sometimes. We used the smaller pool near the sea the most.There are activities to take part in but we didn't really utilize these so can't really comment too much. There is water gym, exercises (zumba, yoga etc), archery, mini golf etc. The animation team keep busy throughout the day doing games at the main bar. The main bar was often busy and sometimes you had to wait a little while to get a drink of water during day. It would have been good to have a couple of self service fridges of water round the pool. Oh and there is a spa where you can have numerous different treatments but again we didn't do any of this so can't really comment.
The beach and pier area are ok. Beach is mostly rocky with a little sand. The pier again could do with being upgraded. It's very basic and you can't sunbathe on it due to it's construction (bare wood boarding with raised struts). It would be nice to see a better quality pier with options for sunbeds on it too as the view when you look back to the hotel is stunning with the dramatic backdrop of mountains.
A nice touch every day, mid morning and mid afternoon, was bringing round fresh fruit, ice lollies or yoghurt on ice to all the guests.
The hotel was full of french and russians so most of the activities were spoken in these languages. British were very much in the minority in the 1st week we were there,(and the second really)..only 6 other british or rather english as they like to be called.The lack of british didn't bother us at all but it was a big problem for the other english tourists who were there who did everything together all day and evening. We liked our own space and were happy to enjoy the day on our own.
In the 2nd week we met a nice english couple, older mother and daughter, and usually bumped into them on an evening and had a couple of drinks and nice chat. The only downside, from our perspective, was our daughter didn't get to meet any friends her age unfortunately but she enjoyed the water slides and had her ipad and books to keep her occupied.
Evening entertainment again we didn't see too much of because we weren't really interested. A turkish night is put on and that's worth seeing just for the belly dancer part as she gets folks out the audience up on stage and it can be quite funny :0))
We would have liked to have had another quieter bar in the evening. Sitting at the main bar was just too noisy and the dancing etc a little cheesy for our tastes so we usually took our drinks down to the tables and chairs by the sea. they seem to like their fireworks in Beldibi cos we saw them several times which was nice :0))
Outside the resort is a long road of mostly tacky shops aimed at tourists. Sadly a ton of fur shops too....aimed at russians obviously. Who the hell buys a fur coat in 45 degree heat?! I really think the tourist trade should be educating this area about these shops and taking a stand on getting them banned. I will alert Thomas Cook about it.
There is a fish restaurant that doubles up as a snack bar in the afternoons between 3 and 4.30 which we used to have an afternoon drink or snack in the shade of the trees there. Snacks meaning, burgers, pizza (which my husband and daughter enjoyed), spaghetti, chicken wraps etc. I enjoyed the fruit plate a few times-watermelon, cherries and orange slices.
Beldibi is quite a shabby looking place itself and could do with an upgrade. At the beach you can walk along a walk way but at night it's quite poorly lit and a lot of local people are out then. The little bars dotted along it aren't that nice looking so we're glad we were in all inclusive.
If you get the chance go along to the free afternoon disco at Fly club... they have foam! My husband and I are both in our mid 40s and we had a bit of fun acting like teens for a half hour or so! Was fun dancing about in our swim suits getting covered in foam :0))Of course our daughter was just embarrassed :0))
For a laugh,on our last night, we went to Fly club for an hour with the mother & daughter we met and a couple of young english girls tagged along with us. It was an experience. Podium dancers (tee hee!) but very pricey drinks so be warned if you do decide to go. A mix of ages in there too but obviously over 18's only.
Weather was very hot as I say but we also had some cloud on a few days. The last day was completely cloudy but very humid.
Outside of the resort we booked a jeep safari excursion with Hay's tours which was ok. We've been on one before which had much better jeeps and was more comfortable but what we did on this tour was nice-went into a cave and went to a spring water pool and up into the mountains .These jeeps though...they were so clapped out it wasn't true! Also Hay's had mixed up our day and didn't have us down for the jeep safari on the day we were intended to go but they booked us for the next day. We weren't very pleased about that as it seemed they weren't very organised so just be warned they aren't the best excursion organisers or providers in our experience.
So that's about it! I give this hotel resort 4 stars based on the grounds, rooms, the service and facilities. Upgrade and a few other touches would have made it a 5 star recommendation.
We would look to go to a better located hotel next time with a little more outside of the resort or a bigger resort with more facilities.

Room Tip: Rooms to the right of reception will be quieter
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank fhionac
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beldibi
Akka Antedon Hotel
#33 of 283 in Kemer
Nirvana Lagoon Villas Suites & Spa
Champion Holiday Village
Crystal Flora Beach Resort

Been to SENTIDO Sultan Beldibi? Share your experiences!