“For the money you pay it isn't too bad, you make your holiday what it is” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yelken Blue Life Spa & Wellness Hotel

Yelken Blue Life Spa & Wellness Hotel
Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Beldibi
Windsor, United Kingdom
“For the money you pay it isn't too bad, you make your holiday what it is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel 16th to 23rd October as a cheap get away with my boyfriend and 2 of our friends, we arrived quite late at night so had missed dinner, went straight to the bar and then the disco, the music was really loud but had all different types of music to suit each nationality only thing that bugged me was they played Gangnam style 3 times that night, disco finished and we went to try and find some food and drink as read it was 24hrs all inc, it's not.
Woke up in the morning boiling hot as wasn't told you needed to have the door shut then press the aircon button for it to work, found this out after 2 nights when a guest told us and the mini bar hadn't been stocked so had no water.
Went down for breakfast, not much choice cooked wise mainly eggs.
Ended up going to the pool bar to get some water and sit by the pool, plenty of seats available and was clean.
Pool was freezing the sea was actually warmer. If you have sea shoes take them as the beach is stoney you can get in the sea via the pier before it got washed away but a storm that hit on day 5 of our holiday. We had 4 days of 28-30 degree sunshine and 3 days of rain, thunder and lightning.
The snack bar is very basic and food wasn't very warm as mentioned before.
Main restaurant was ok nothing special but ate something every night.
Personally I thought the drinks were very strong as I got pretty drunk most nights and the bar staff were friendly to us and joined in with us having a laugh. Their main 2nd language is Russian so some don't understand much English.
There was a lot of English at the hotel when we was there and also a mix of Russians, Norwegians, polish and a few from other European countries.
The room was good, plenty of space, cleaned daily and lovely sea view.
Outside the hotel there isn't really anything other than a few supermarkets however you can hale down buses to take you to kemer or antalya for about 3tlira.
3 of us used the spa during our stay to have a Turkish bath, was nice however if you want to go on a trip out the hotel you will get it cheaper.
The market at the hotel was a nice change to the evening however they tend to sell the same thing such as fake polo shirts, jumpers and belts. Also they will tell you a stupid price at first. I was told 70 lira for a Pashmina scarf I told him when I was in antalya last I got one for 20 so we settled on 25tlira.
Personally if you have more cash go to a different hotel and resort, I stayed at the titanic in Lara beach last year and it was the most amazing hotel I have stayed in but it comes at a cost.
Entertainment at the hotel was very poor we went to the amphitheatre one night and didn't go back as the performance was rubbish and was based on adults rather than kids.
Kids will get bored at this hotel so I wouldn't recommend to families.
Like I said before if your after something cheap and you can make your holiday what you want to then give it a go, if not go somewhere else and spend a bit more money.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank BeckzB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
sheffield
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have stayed in Antalya before in a 5 star hotel and this was no way a 5 star, nothing for the kids, entertainment rubbish, and the outside area,s are non existent . The food was very repetitive and no fly screens, everyone looked as though they were ready for finishing their time at the hotel..... I am not going to write a big review but will totally hand on heart agree with the previous comment as we stayed there the same dates .......spend your money somewhere else !!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank joanne c

Travelers are raving about these Beldibi hotels

Motherwell, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at this dump from 11th of oct. 2012 to 25 oct 2012. and I find it very hard to say anything good about it. We did find some of the staff very nice but there were many who where down right nasty. especially the girl behild reception during the day and most of the bar staff. We consider ourselves to be able to eat pretty much anything. NOT AT THE YELKEN. The food was so bland and cold there were many days we couldn't even go in to the (RESTURANT) to face the food and swarms of flies.I was sick 6 days of my holiday and my husband (who is never sick) 2 days. The A LA CARTE was an other story, The so called lamb that we ordered was vile. We heard the next day it was goat, and we had to pay for the privelige. Drinks were just like water they all tasted the same. Oh and the snack bar I've seen more edible food lying in a bin. It was stone cold. Entertainment almost non existant. Our maid was excellent but when she had her days off the room wasn't cleaned. The last straw was when I saw the unpleasant barman one morning spitting in the sink. I saw the the dogs in the street but they were very friendly. I only saw one cat at the hotel but I like cats so it didn't bother me. The staff were more scarey than the animals. Please don't spend your hard earned cash going to this hotel in the middle of nowhere. It'll cost you the same again having to eat out. I came home with a cough that I still can't get rid of and I feel as if I need a holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Kate G
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed there in the first 2 weeks of Sep and had a good time. The staff are very friendly and the weather was good all holiday. The guests are mostly Russian, Turkish and Iranian, with some Brits, Dutch and others, but it is a good mix and there was no trouble/little nighttime noise.

There is a spa with a sauna, Turkish baths, indoor pool and gym, plus a range of treatments. I enjoyed using these facilities to break up the day, and wake up from the previous night!

The evening entertainment was good at first, but slightly disappointing after a while. It became a little too much of the same thing after 1 week, and although the animation team work hard I think they could do with having a few more outside acts in in the week for variation. I found that I could only use the wi-fi (which is free) in the lobby bar.

The beach is slightly pebbly and it’s not easy to enter the water. But the water is very warm (I could spend hours in there) and the sunbeds are comfortable and I didn’t come across a single broken one. There is a range of watersports, although they’re a little over-priced. The pool is kept clean, and there is another children’s pool with waterslides.

The food is fairly good, and you can pay a few extra euros to eat at either the fish or sultan restaturants. The buffet restaurant is very busy when it first opens, and I’d suggest a couple of aperitifs before dinner to avoid the rush! If you get a seat on the balcony you can watch the sun go down and the last parasailers going up.

There is a disco that opens around 11.30, and it is good fun in there. Everyone enjoys themselves and the music is surprisingly good. If you are a single guy the Russian girls are very pretty!

If you can get yourself a room with sea view then that is far preferable to the other side, which overlooks a busy road. The rooms are kept clean, and there is a fridge that they refill with cokes/sprites.

Final verdict: good value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank RobUK_abroad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

everything was good but unfortuanatly lots of russian and iranian there! one of those iranian guys always followed me and my gf and finally when i was at bar he tried to give his phone number to my gf!!! she didn't tell me abt that becuz of me! the animation team was excelent, the reception was rude and didn t know english atall!! beer&vodka&whisky were mixed with water! i hate those iranian guys!!!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank wetblanketguy
east anglia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

The Yelken Blue Life was a better than expeted hotel.
I have read all the reviews and did not experience any of the negative comments. The hotel is predominantly Russian and Turks, but we knew this and actually loved being at a hotel that was not British. There were no 'chav' types, no exceptional noise, no trouble and it was very relaxing, if you chose to sunbathe where the twice daily entertainment did not go on.
Resume:
Rooms were lovely, and facing the sea. If you ask for a room facing the sea the hotel do accomodate. Others had said it was noisy in these rooms - if you shut your balcony door when retiring you could hear nothing! The rooms were spotlessly cleaned each day with fresh linen and towels, no complaints!
The food was lovely. The main buffet restaurant did a lot of chicken and fish with the usual salads etc, but there was always a wide choice, and it wasn't repetitive. There were kids options too. The snack restaurant was ok if you wanted a hamburger, toastie etc. The two al a'cartes were incredible. It was an additional 8 euro per person to eat in there but well worth it. Once was a fish restaurant, the other was Turkish food... go hungry! The amount of food you are served is immense. The wine was quite expensive in there, at 23 euros a bottle, but we purchased it because the wine in the all inclusive was not good.
Drinks are 24 hours all inclusive (the pool bar stays open). They are fine, the vodka and gin taste like our brands, the beer is good and the limited cocktails they do are nice, especially the Yelken (gin based).
The beach is a bit of a let down but we knew that when booking. It is very shingle like, with pebbles/ stones to walk in to the sea. It is also gets deep quickly. My adivce would be to take water shoes if you wish to go into the sea to prevent your feet from being hurt.
The pools are fine and not overcrowded. There is also a separate pool with two water slides.
The animation team did a good job. They asked if you wished to join in but did not hassle you if you said no. There was water aerobics, land aerobics, beach volley ball, darts and table tennis. There was also plenty of dancing around the pool during the day... 'the hotel dance', as well as morning games for e.g. drinking games in the pool for the adults.
Evening entertainment was satisfactory. There were shows where guests participated, e.g. Miss Yelkin, Girls v Boys etc... the animation team also did some shows. Their fire show was exceptionally good.
Saturday in the animation day off and the night time is Turkish night. There is a Turkish dance show on (external entertainers) and this was the best show of the week - absolutely superb and not to be missed. There are also market traders on the complex that evening. Beware of the camel man - before you know it you are thrown on the back of one of three camels around the pool, taken a short walk while they use your phone to take pics. When you get off they then expect a rediculous amount of money and show you the price sign (that is well hidden before hand). They wanted 200 lira for five of us! We gave 100 lira and now wish we had given less. One Russian refused to pay. It is a complete rip off and I would advise you negotiate a price before hand. The camel man is very well versed, and as stated, one minute you're on the ground and the next your on the back of the thing!!
The area outside the hotel is nice. If you turn right you can walk along the few shops there are and look at some really nice hotels. If you turn left you can walk along the coast. There is a chemist with a green cross about 400 yards on the right. The pharmacist is extremely helpful and understands exactly what you require.
The indoor pool is ok, hardly used, obviously because of the glorious weather. The gym is tiny with a few weights machines and free weights, nothing to write home about. The spa centre offers a variety of massages etc at a cost. There is on onsight hairdresser, also doing manicures etc and is reasonably priced.
Reception staff were great and there is a conceirge desk in the lobbly, and again the staff were super if you had any queries or wanted to book one of the al a'carte restaurants.
There is a doctor on site during the day and it is free to see them.
After going elseqhere in Turkey previously and everyone wanting sterling, that is what we took. In this resort the currency used is dollars (everything is priced in dollars) due to the Russian or euros. We did exchange our sterling at reception for lira and was able to pay for what we spent in lira.
The boys did the paint balling trip in 40 degrees!!! They loved it though. There are motorised sea sports at an extra and the kids did the doughnut thing, but my daughter managed to sutain whiplash from that so I would stronly recommend young children i.e. under 12 do not go on it. It virtually throes you into the air as you travel!! The parasailing was popular and cost £150 for five people.
The only problem I had was a run in with one of the animation team (he has a mohican)..he dropped a glass bottle next to the pool and did not pick the glass up resulting in two people cutting their feet open. His attitude was appalling, and he shouted at me 'What is your problem' when I was chastising him for his stupid actions. he was reported and reprimanded. Unfortunetely, he let the rest of the animation team down with his cockiness and arrogrance. the rest were great, and if you have little kids, the kiddie club looked fabulous, ending in a mini disco for them in the evening. There were two children entertainments, one of the them was a man from Holland and the kids adored him!
I think that's about it, other than Atalyla airport is good, the transfer time approx one hour which is fine.
I would recommend this holiday. It suits all ages, the entertainment stops at 11pm and then there is an indoor dics until 2am. The entertainers, three times a week also take people to the local night clubs if they wish to go, they then arrive back at the resort at 3.30am!!

Room Tip: Take water shoes Ask for sea facing room on a higher floor Avoid the camel man on a Sunday or nego...