This hotel is ideally situated in the centre of Aurland-100m from the bus stop. We received a very warm welcome. The manager was very kind and helpful. The hotel however is very dated. Our room was very dark with strange coloured decor. It reminded us of something out of The Shining. The walls were very thin and you could hear every noise made through the night. Not good when you need a good nights sleep. We are frequent travellers and usually stay in low budget accommodation so we don't expect much-just a good place to sleep which we didn't get. We were also promised an early breakfast since we had to leave very early to catch the bus to Bergen which we thought was very kind. However the Cook arrived 30 minutes late so we had no choice but to leave with not eating anything which was a shame as the meal we had the previous night was very good. Lovely friendly staff. Just a shame the hotel isn't up to scratch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the wateredge next to the Aurlandfjord, 1 km from the centre of Aurland. 2 new high standard cottages(hytter) for 6 persons. 3 bedrooms, well-equipped kitchen/livingroom with fireplace. Shower, toilet, dishwasher, washing machine. Terrace to the fjord. Quay w/boatrental. Ideal starting point for aktivities like hiking, biking and fjordcruises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Aurland Fjordhotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aurland Fjordhotel Hotel Aurland Municipality
- Aurland Fjordhotel Norway