We stayed in this cute little hotel in Aurland, which is far less touristy than Flam. The town is small, so it was easy to tell we were the only tourists around. Rooms were clean, well furnished, and had decent bathrooms. Front desk staff was helpful when called upon. Absolutely no complaints about our stay at Vangsgaarden.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vangsgaarden Gjestgiveri is situated in Aurland, a small town idyllically placed in the innermost corner of the Sognefjord. Here at Vangsgaarden, the Ohnstad-Stigen family has welcomed guests for several generations and the hotel has preserved traditions that go all the way back to the 18th century. At our restaurant, Duehuset, you can taste some of the local food our town is known for. Vangsgaarden offers rooms, a restaurant and a variety of activities. Our hotel is located right in the middle of some of Norway's most powerful nature experiences like the Flam Railway, the Naeroyfjord and the Aurlandsdalen Valley. ROOMS In our hotel wing we have 18 rooms with beautiful views. In our garden by the fjord we have 6 cabins that are suitable for 4-5 persons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Vangsgaarden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vangsgaarden Hotel Aurland Municipality
- Vangsgaarden Western Fjords
- Vangsgaarden Norway