We had our honeymoon here in 1997 just after the hotel was opened and it was bliss, now however after 14 years of no money being spent on it the experience wasn't comparable. As others say the grounds are rustic at best, the pool is big but showing it's age and the poolside lunches basic when they used to be wonderful. The restaurant is average and the service poor to ok depending on the night. It was nice to see the location is still lovely but sadly the hotel has gone down hill. Rooms are also rustic at best. Probably better to spend your money elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borgo Pretale is a heavenly retreat in the lush green hills of Siena.34 rooms located both in the XIIc. Tower and in the lovely cottages spread in the 2h garden.Restaurant with tuscan specialities and terrace with breathtaking view over the valley. Sporting activities: Tennis court, gym with sauna, archery, trekking, mountain biking and swimming poolConference room -ideal location for team building and outdoor training.Wedding and banqueting facilities.Open seasonly from April to October ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Borgo Pretale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borgo Pretale Sovicille
- Borgo Pretale Hotel Sovicille
- Borgo Pretale Italy/Sovicille, Tuscany