“I learned a new Spanish frase - Cara de Culo”
Review of El Fondeadero

El Fondeadero
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Pampatar
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I am fairly easy going and can always enjoy myself in a restaurant. But as there is not much written in English, I figured I would write a few comments. Overall, it was not bad. There was a great guitar player and the people were drinking (it was a Saturday). That is the good part. Overall, the service was slow. They were not extremely friendly. And the paella was just ok. I was with all people from Venezuela and we all left with the same reaction. Good not great. But as I would put Margarita Island up there as one of the best places for food I have been, I would put this restaurant as the last one I wold return to. Maybe I caught it on a bad night....it happens. But we went to a new restaurant the next day called Nuva in Pampatar and it reminded my how bad El Fondeadero was. La Langosta de la casa en Nuva is delicious and worth a visit. It is still not listed here. But hopefully soon. And for the record, I am a gringo, but I was with all Venezuelans. So I am fairly certain that the service was not a reflection of my being from the US.

3  Thank Karl L

Reviewed March 1, 2011

Everyone in Margarita recommended this restaurant and it did not disappoint. There were no English menus but one sort of English speaking waiter. We had a steak which was described simply as Churasco (which I thought was chicken) and it was inexpensive and fantastic. The reviewer who said the bathrooms were amazing was completely right. There are actually three parts to the restaurant, a lounge, an indoor room and a terrace.

3  Thank lamandel
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Right from the entrance welcomed us Chivas girls - very beautiful woman in Chivas (popular whisky) branding clothes. Usually I do not eat seafood. The waiter brought the chef, who showed me the delights of water. The dish was delicious. I drank of course Chivas and my wife drank wine. Atmosphere was nice and service was super. In the toilet I had never seen such a beautiful live flowers.

2  Thank Karczoh
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Great Food, Seafood, Steak, Soup, Must Try The (tierra y Mar) Dish Its (Land &Sea)..
Great Staff, Great Service. The Best Scenery & Set Up Its Gorgous!
Top Selling Of Chivas Regal In The World! Always Full Its One Of The #1 Places For All Residents. They have Entertainment At Night. Great For All Ocasions,,,, Beachfront...

1  Thank ttinita
Reviewed July 26, 2008

Worth a visit just to see the Chivas Girls.

Meals there are really nice, and I will be back there again in SeptembeThe Onion soup is fantastic!

1  Thank Liftman8826