“This an amazing food journey of the senses..”
Review of Spirit House

Spirit House
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Yandina
Cuisines: Thai, Australian, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

WOW ! Beautiful location in a hidden area of the Sunshine Coast (Yandina). The food here is a spiritual journey of flavours..it is so hard to explain on a review site. You just need to go and try and understand what I am try to describe. I had the pork belly and then the Tamrind and Chilli whote crispy fish..it was like nothing else I have eaten a lot of good food and I have travelled extensively. The food is like asian and australian fusion. Anyone who lives on the Sunshine Coast understands that GOOD food produce here is right on your door step, The Spirit House embraces this concept. We ate here at lunch time. We were suprised that it was still busy. Very romantic place, if you wanted to impress someone special. I tried to book my partner in for a Thai cooking class, if your keen on these classes book in advance. Get there !!

1  Thank Barramax
Write a ReviewReviews (1,469)

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We went to The Spirit House on the recommendation from a friend who has been before. It was my husbands birthday and we plus two friends were visiting from NZ so for a treat we thought we would give it a go. The atmosphere was wonderful from start to finish. We ordered five starters which were all amazing then got two mains and side salads to share. These were nice but not wonderful. Overall for the price we thought on the high side but when you throw in the beautiful surroundings it was well worth the drive to experience it. Probably would go again and would recommend to others.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I booked a Thai cooking class for my wife and I. Before we went, I was a little worried that this might be a little too "Master Chef-y", or stressful. It was actually very relaxing. A bit of demonstrating, a bit of hands on. A lot of eating, a couple of glasses of wine. The group of 16 or so was just right. We had a lot of fun and the chef was clearly very experienced. Learned heaps about ingredients in Thai cooking, how to prepare them, how to use various kitchen gadgets etc. Well and truly worth it! And the grounds of the restaurant are just amazing! The cooking school is in its own dedicated building - heaps of room, well set up, air conditioned. Great al fresco area. They sell the hard to get ingredients and cooking equipment. Very reasonably priced too!

1  Thank Alan M
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We've been to Spirit House a number of times, participated in cooking classes and just can't stay away whenever we head for Southern Queensland.

Weather was glorious in late August. We started with something quite unusual (for us), a ginger fizz soft drink and it was delightfully refreshing (especially for the driver!)

Lunch comprised two courses each which we shared - starters were soft shell crab and Harvey Bay scallops, mains were Chiang Mai curry and chilli jam cuttlefish - all fresh, beautifully cooked and presented ... as always.

We keep coming back!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

A group of six of us were disappointed
At the food portion sizes for the $80 per head banquet deal. The food tasted great but all of us admitted to not feeling totally satisfied post the meal despite the expense. Another rather disappointing aspect was the waitress insistence to wipe down the table prior to us finishing our meal , whilst we were enjoying conversation after our meal. What gives!

4  Thank Bernwizz