“Well worth a stop, if you have a couple of hours to spare”
Review of The Ginger Factory

The Ginger Factory
Book In Advance
More Info
$35.17*
and up
The Ginger Factory Super Pass Including Factory Tour, the Live Bee Show, Boat...
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Yandina
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Open daily with free admission the iconic Ginger Factory is one of the Sunshine Coast's most popular tourist attractions. Discover the story of ginger from paddock to plate and see how Buderim Ginger has become the largest processor of ginger in the world. Experience the fascinating world of bees with the live bee show then enjoy a tasting of sensational varieties of honey. Go Overboard with the Gingerbread Man as you set out on an exciting water voyage visiting hundreds of puppets from every port of the world. Ride Moreton, a 114 year old Ginger Train as you relax in an open air carriage and enjoy beautiful gardens. The Ginger Factory is the perfect place to experience the authentic taste of Queensland with great shopping along with a fantastic cafe featuring modern Australian cuisine surrounded by acres of beautiful tropical gardens & walks.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Have made several visits to this very popular place and it is always a pleasant stop-off point, if nothing else, for a nice coffee and snack in lovely surroundings. Lovely, clean restaurant serving drinks, snacks and meals. There are several small, interesting shops on site, as well as the large shop attached to the Ginger Factory, selling their products and lots more besides. Tours of the factory are available (at a fee) with delicious tastings at the end, and a little train does trips around the site (fee), very popular with the children. There are also a couple or so other inside activities/rides (fee) to entertain them. A few years ago, the owners invested in a considerable number of indiginous tree plantings, to replace some of the ones disappearing from the environment for one reason or another, and now the walk through the shady gardens/rainforest is really lovely, with a water feature included too. Well worth a stop if you have a couple hours to spare.

Ginger_Factory, General Manager at The Ginger Factory, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

So glad you enjoyed your visit. Our gardeners work very hard to keep the gardens beautiful. Hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Ginger Factory

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My friend and I visited in the very hot Sunday of this years weekend Festival. The tended gardens with all their tropical abundance, and beautiful Heliconia and Ginger flowers were a joy, given the misery of most gardens in the region (including my own at home) in the Big Dry. Clearly they had been lovingly watered and cared for. Being there was a balm to my soul. I very much enjoyed Phil Dudman's guided talks and handy hints.

The sorry state of the rainforest walk which was water deprived like my garden a home (which I have spent two hours a day watering was such a sad but realistic contrast. It was interesting in that it showed the hardy plants, some still flowering despite drooping leaves. I am sure it is coming alive again after the wonderful heavy rain around the Australia Day weekend. i must return in a week or two!!

I was disappointed not to find the stands of Giant Helconias I remembered from Years ago. They seem to have given way to a Concrete Jungle of amusement attractions. Why?

A real downer for us in the very hot cafeteria area was the loud pop music. For me and my friend it broke the tranquility and joy of the gardens. Despite the attractiveness of the food, there was no way we could stay there to eat and shop amongst the striking display of goodies, even though had it been peaceful there we would have endured the heat to do so.

Nevertheless my congratulations on a splendid weekend, achieved through considerable hardship I am sure. Thankyou!

So glad you were able to make it out for the festival - it is always a great weekend and this year was even bigger and more popular then previous years despite the extrememly hot weather.

Our gardeners always work very hard to the gardens looking beautiful especially in the lead up to the festical. With 4000 plants for sale at this years festival we did have to change the layout of the flower stands from previous years however we have had the rides for quite a few years now.

Thank you for your feedback. So glad you could make it out and we hope to see you again for another great weekend next year!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We went for a morning and had a fab time started with the train ride whcih the kids (10 & 8) loved and gave us an overview of the park, next it was the boat ride which was great then the ginger factory and how its made. We wandered around to all the little shops and through the rainforest walk. Food was expensive but it always is at these places so we just bought a drink and had our packed lunch in a park after we left. As we hadnt been there before and wont go again for a long tme as we live far away I thought the value was ok for the kids to see different things

Thank you for your great feedback. We are so glad to hear you had a good time.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Have been here over the years and was quite dissapointed with the gardens, not a great show of flowers for the time of year and with the ginger festival that was a week ago, thought gardens would look great but no WRONG nothing worth seeing

Ginger_Factory, General Manager at The Ginger Factory, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Our gardens were looking very spectacular for the Festival and all guests seemed to really enjoy the garden walk segment of the festival with gardening experts, Phil Dudman, Maureen Simons and our on site head gardener.

Cyclone Ozwald devastated our gardens on the weekend with the park virtually being underwater. Many trees and branches came down destroying many of our beautiful flowers.

Our Facebook page has some of the pictures taken after the storm, as you can imagine our poor Gardeners were absolutely devastated to see this happen after all their hard work.
On our website you will soon be able to see some of the beautiful flowers that were captured by our wonderful photographer Anastasia ?

We hope to see you back next year during the flowering season of our heleconias and ornamental gingers.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you ever want a snapshot of why the local tourism industry is in decline look no further than the ginger factory. Sure it's nice, well presented and the kids enjoyed it but the prices are obscene. Local tourism operators seem more interested in ripping people off than by providing a good day out for families. For less then the price I spent on 2 rides here I can pay for my whole family to go to Singapore Zoo for a day and actually get a days entertainment rather than the 30 minutes we got here.

1  Thank NobleCamel
Ginger_Factory, General Manager at The Ginger Factory, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback, we are glad to hear that your kids enjoyed themselves on our Train and Overboard rides. We have been upgrading our park and are happy to hear that you found it well presented and clean.

We have been listening to the feedback that we have received on Trip Advisor and would like you to know that we are initiating an annual pass which will cost $35.00 per annum for unlimited use on both of our rides. I think you will agree this is very good value and I would encourage you to keep an eye on our new website which will launch this pass shortly.

Once again thank you very much for your constructive feedback.