“Best Tex-Mex I've had in Europe!”
Review of Tortuga

Tortuga
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Grafenwohr
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Being born and raised in Texas, living in Stuttgart doesn't really lend to satisfying my insatiable need for mexican food. While Grafenwohr is far from the top of the destination cities list, I get excited to visit only because of this restaurant. The food is great, the staff is nice, and the patrons all seem to be enjoying themselves in the cool vibe.

2  Thank Lloyd P

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Third review of this restaurant - I just can not get enough. Recommended for sure!

We called at 20 minutes to 5pm to make reservations - which I highly recommend doing - call them or go to their Facebook page! We were able to get a small table in the back. Perfect! We were quickly served by a very sweet and helpful waitress - they all speak English & German. Menus are also in both languages.

Great tasting food. And good prices.

I had a Chimichanga with rib meat. AWESOME. Its all good...we have never been disappointed!

Too bad chips & salsa aren't complimentary. There are delicious and worth it.

1  Thank James J
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Was fairly shocked to find such a good Mexican restaurant in Europe. Have been here every time I go to Grafenwohr and will continue to do so. It does get busy later in the night so it is good to have a reservation. The selection of food is very good and so far I have not had anything their that I didn't like.

2  Thank PittPens183511
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This place is always busy so make a reservation as far in advance as you can. It is worth the wait though. Their margaritas are so good and their fajitas and quesadillas are too. The service is so-so. They get so busy and sometimes it's hard to get someone's attention. It can take a while to get food too. I would recommend this place though. Euro only--no card or dollars.

2  Thank KTraveler18
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I love Mexican food, and it drives me crazy that it is so hard to find "real" Mexican restaurants in Germany. Enough people recommended this place that I decided to give it a try. Reservations seem to be recommended from 1800-2000, but after that it seems to slow down and we had no trouble getting a table at 2030. The place is nice, and the staff are friendly. The menu seems to be a mix of "TexMex" stuff, including ribs, and Mexican. We wanted to try a salsa sampler, but they were out of two of the three salsas we wanted. My biggest complaint is that they seem to take a liberal definition of Mexican food. Too many ingredients that should not belong in burritos. It would be okay if they want a couple outliers such as the BBQ burrito, but if they do that, there should still be a solid selection of traditional ingredients. My husband had something like the Supreme Seven burrito, and thought the steak in it was great, but the bacon and some of the other flavors didn't quite work. I had the garlic shrimp fajitas, which were very good, but the extras (cheese, sour cream) only covered a single tortilla. The margaritas were close to original, and the basket of chips were good. Overall price paid was reasonable.

2  Thank Erica B