“Treatment for my soul” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pershore
Newent, United Kingdom
“Treatment for my soul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I so love this hotel, we booked for two nights but ended up stopping for three. It's such a nice place and in a really pretty town. We stayed in a room overlooking the river and it was so peaceful and relaxing. I ended up spending a lot of time sat in my room reading and listening to music as the view was so nice.
I did eat in the hotel each evening and that was very tastey also. I had a very nice pork dish on the first night and a steak on the second and both were exceptional.
I think that the best thing about my stay were how helpfula nd friendly the staff were, they really couldn't do enough to make my stay relaxing and welcoming. I am going to go back in May for another short break.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have great river views
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

we arrived on the 30th of dec ready to share some festive spirit...checking in was a ten minute wait but in all fairness after a sincere apology by a very nice receptionist who gave us a drink on the house rectified the problematic start,,we was looking forward to the advertised dance in the marqee to bring in the new year, again told that this was cancelled ..dissapointed again.. meals was tasty but very very sparing and a bowl of veg and chips was ordered to bolster up our meagre rations.Our.room [superior] was nice but dated showing its age with black mould around the bath, parts of the shower missing and a very small heater to keep you warm that went off very early into the evening..New years dinner a set menu, but partner is a vegetarian so pre booked salmon at least 4 weeks before.. on the night they had NO SALMON,,we was offered hake so reluctantly we accepted, .knowing the sparesness of food you get, we ordered extra veg to .at least make the plate look like it had food on it..the night rolled on when i ordered a double remy martin i was told they had "got none" .. as i could see the bottle i pointed it out to the young girl behind the bar who told me it was champagne,and the sold it by the shot,, so i ordered two shots of champagne [brandy] lol lol. this was served in a straight glass and i was asked if i wanted ice and lemon...i did request at least a brandy glass and in between my laughter one of the other staff rectified the glass issue..5 minutes before midnight the TV was put on a suitable program to let in the new year and we was given a glass of champagne to toast the new year in,,sitting in the bar after with a refreshed double whisky and partners double gin .we got up to go to the loo..on our return both our full glasses had dissapeared although the bar staff had just brought them over,,, discussions took place for replacements and after a lot of persuasion they was replaced,,,, in all we went to bed laughing..i think due to the situation and a few drinks ..i think without the drinks i would have had enough and left ..
i would like to point out that ALL the staff was polite ,willing to please and allways had smiles on there faces, credit to them as i am sure they needed it. to sum up i think it was over priced ..over stated ..poor value and hotel was very dated..so like other replies, look somewhere else if your after value for money...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank david j
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

We have stopped here about half a dozen time now and have never been disappointed, its a perfect location to catch up with friends. We have stayed in the Worcester Suite, Malvern and Wyre Piddle Luxury rooms, I am always pleasantly surprised that a small local hotel can deliver such great service. The team are great and rely make you feel at home. Breakfast is always first class as is lunch.....see you soon and thanks.

Room Tip: The Suites and Luxury rooms are worth the extra....
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is the fourth and last time we stay at the Angel Inn in Pershore. Time and time again there are significant problems with the plumbing and heating. We've stayed in four different rooms.. We've experienced the coldest temperatures, the coldest baths and showers and broken shower heads. This time, amidst a cold shower and attempting to get hot out of it, the hottest water you can imagine comes out the shower nozzle scalding my skin and sending me flying toward the far end. So dangerous.
This is a warning - save your money and stay somewhere else. We will next time. Angel Inn - never again!

Room Tip: If you must stay- check out the room, turn on the tap and the shower and make sure they work. Turn o...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 68DJO
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed here with our friends for 2 nights over new year , bar and reception all pleasant and well decorated, staff friendly and welcoming. Our room was reasonable but very cold and a little over priced, the bathroom was clean but there was some mould around the sealant which was off putting. Our friends room for which the same price was requested was poor, in particular the bathroom was mouldy and outdated and in need of a major revamp. In fairness the manager came and looked at the room and reduced the price, apparently 3 rooms still need bathrooms updating.Breakfast was good as was evening meal, although being served ' McDonalds style' French fries was disappointing when my meal was advertised as being served with hand cut chips. Had I been told these were not available, I would have ordered something different. I expressed my disappointment when my meal arrived I was told they would knock something off the bill..... they did 95 pence!

Room Tip: ASK to see the room first, avoid the one overlooking the very rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed here on a work trip with nine other colleagues. Our rooms ranged from extremely pleasant to pretty poor, it really did seem to be pot luck. My room was very large and comfortable, seemed to be newly decorated with pretty fittings and wall paper and had a nice vibe. The bathroom seemed like it should be in a different hotel, very tired with a leaking toilet and a cold shower. Cold water was a problem for some of my other colleagues as well. The room itself was freezing at night as there is only a small heater to warm up a very big room. This seemed to be an issue in other rooms as well as the receptionist was handing out extra heaters for people to use at night.
The staff seem very young but are all extremely pleasant and helpful when there is a problem and I think they probably had their work cut out with us as there were a lot of late arrivals and complaints. Breakfast was good and the food in the restaurant is excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Swindon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

We are locals and wanted to experience eating out on Christmas Day. The menu seemed very appettising and price .... well £60 per head didn't seem too bad. I booked as soon as the menus became available. We have eaten here before and the food, service and atmosphere was good so my expectations were high.

We arrived in plenty of time to have a drink before our meal, first impressions were not good it all seemed a bit chaotic. We had our drink and asked to be showed to our table which was upstairs in a private dining room !! We were very surprised and disappointed, the room was cold and no atmosphere.Hardly any decoration. It reminded me of a cafe/ tearoom.The restaurant downstairs is lovely and full of character and I had presumed that we would have been dining in there,being that we must have been one of the first to book. I should have
checked.

The food was awful, small portions, bad presentation and bland. We hardly ate anything and didn't stay for all courses.

I must say that we were compensated and the assistant manager was most apologetic.

Lesson learnt stay at home and cook.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mandy P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pershore
The Wood Norton Hotel
#5 of 11 in Evesham
Stanbrook Abbey Hotel
Stanbrook Abbey Hotel
#1 of 1 in Callow End

Been to Angel Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!