“Accidental find”
Review of The Angel Hotel

The Angel Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pershore
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We visited Broadway in the Cotswolds & deciding not to eat there we ventured on to Pershore & found the Angel Inn. We both had the small Fish & Chips, the fish was delicious, the chips were some of the best we've ever had, my partner is very fussy about his chips, he detests those frozen things & I'm not a fan, but these were 1st class "proper chips". Only sorry we where not staying closer so we could have sampled more of the menu. Very nice surroundings & very nice & pleasant staff, keep up the good work.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed one night at The Angel Hotel this week, and I have to say what a fantastic place it is.

The whole place has character. High Street Location, but bags of character.

Lovely staff, fantastic food, and an amazing night's sleep - even in a front room overlooking the High Sreet.

Immaculately clean, rooms with names not numbers, and a really good meal in the hotel restaurant.

The bed was fabulous - a really really comfy mattress - unlike many places these days.Personally, I can't wait to go back there again.

Amazing!

And phenomenal value.

WOW!

Thank you, Angel Hotel.

Room Tip: Malvern was the name of the room. Great shower cubicle (nb not a bath)
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This place could be regarded as a find. Reasonable prices, great pub food from a straightforward menu - all the familiar things that you actually want to eat, and not a foam in sight! The room was big and the bed comfortable. All a bit tired perhaps, particularly in the en suite, but everything worked. And the room rate was in proportion to what was on offer so no issues there.

Staff were all friendly and helpful. Service in the bar was a bit slow to get going but the ambiance was great. We didn't have starters which does tend to lead to a wait for the main course. Dessert certainly came quickly and was very good (their version of chocolate brownie with trimmings).

Nice location right in the middle of what seemed to be a pretty town - we wanted to look around but were committed elsewhere. So a good one, and good value too. Give it a go, as long as you are happy to accept that the bedrooms could do with a bit of a facelift in a minor sense. We liked it a lot.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We booked into the Angel for a three day break. Our room was beautifully furnished and decorated, the staff were very friendly and efficient and all the meals we had in the restaurant were of an excellent standard and a very reasonable price. Pershore itself has some lovely Georgian houses and the abbey should not be missed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

1  Thank Geoff V
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Booked into the Angel for the night before and the actual night of the wedding via late rooms. The Angel did all it could to put us in the same room for both nights but due to the hotel being fully booked were not able to. I had booked the nights separately. Alex the fab girl who was on the bar the day we arrived told us to just leave our things in a pile and she would transfer them to our new room when it was ready. Well not only did she do that but she even hung the shirts and jacket in the wardrobe. The rooms were lovely, beds comfy, plenty of towels in bathroom along with shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. Tea and coffee making available. Breakfast was great with the usual bacon,sausage,beans,mushrooms,fried bread and eggs how you prefer. It was served quickly and hot although a slight niggle was on both mornings the tea and coffee was not piping.You do get some noise but you are on the high street of a busy little town so you have to expect it. Loved the look of the place and we are already considering a return visit, even though we only live about 10 miles down the road. We had a great stay and once again would like to thank Alex.Dawn Smith

Room Tip: Could ask for one towards the back of the hotel if you are a light sleeper.
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We only live about 5 minutes from The Angel and have tried to get ourselves a meal for about the last 6 months, but various things have conspired to make it impossible, so when an off the cuff dinner chance came along we took it with both hands. On entrance we were warmly greeted by a member of staff who directed us down a small flight of stairs and we chose a nice comfy table with 2 two seater sofas in leather. The member of staff who greeted us popped down and asked us if we wanted any drinks as we looked at the menu and promptly disappeared and fetched us the drinks and left us to browse what we wanted to eat, pausing to remind us of the special board at the top of the stairs. Prices were fairly expensive, but we had already been warned and told that the meals were beautiful and large. After a short delay we decided to order our meals and I went with Steak and Guinness Pie and my partner with Turkey, Ham and Leek Pie. The waitress disappeared quickly and I was left wondering if I could add some beer battered onion rings to the order, but their was another member of staff who quickly came over and after a short discussion he added one portion to share to our order. I popped open my laptop and connected to the free wi-fi which was top notch, quick and very useable and started to check a few things. Very quickly our order arrived, the wait was less than 10 mins, and we both received a full plate of food with the pie, chips and peas. The beer battered onion rings arrived separately and were marvellous! The waitress remarked that most people didn't finish the pie, and with that challenge in mind we set off to eat. My pie was beautiful, cooked well and a nice flavour with not too much guinness. My partner's was also delicious with the turkey cooked very well. I managed to finish all mine, and then polished off my other halves too! All the way through we were looked after and it was a pleasure to see the staff so courteous and efficient. Before I left I popped to the toilet and found it spotless and a selection of Molton & Brown hand products to keep my skin baby bum soft!
Total bill was £27.30 - not cheap, but we were satisfied with that considering the pleasant service and good quality food all polished up with nice surroundings. After this meal we've decided to come here for my birthday at the end of September as we can have a little drink and walk home afterwards

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We got a stonking good deal at the Angel Inn via ebay. I happened to be the high bidder on a "Deluxe" room at GBP 21.00 with the agreement to spend GBP 50.00 on food, which was easy to do, as the chef is very good - one of the better meals we had on our 35-night trip. So, for only GBP 71.00 we got the room, great dinner, and a very nice breakfast. Plus, the staff are really nice and helpful people. There's a very cozy pub in the front that serves a number of decent beers, which is how I gauge a pub, and the dining room is very comfortable with its low, ancient rustic beams and gigantic stone fireplace.

The very personable young lady who checked us in upgraded us to a "luxury" room for free, supposedly their best. It was totally adequate and included a small entry area where there was a closet and chair. However, the chair was a little ratty, as was the carpeting throughout, and the aging decor, which was done at least a decade ago, was funky fun but a little garish for my taste. Nothing in the room was what I would call "fresh". The bed was a king size, so that was a plus but the mattress and pillows had not been replaced in a long while and the window overlooked back parking lots of adjacent buildings. This is not a complaint, as this hotel only has 4 suites that overlook the street and I'd rather have the parking lot, as the hotel is on the main street of Pershore.

The Angel Inn is a very historic inn, and has been functioning as such for centuries. I'm a history nut, so that is the main appeal for me, aside from the great deal we got.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pershore
Evesham Hotel
Tudor House Hotel
Tudor House Hotel
#6 of 7 in Tewkesbury
Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury

Been to The Angel Hotel? Share your experiences!