All reviews beach bar sea view self catering rock pools sand road prawns see whales fish swimming area beautiful place can't wait to go back relaxing holiday private braai area food items southern africa speed limit long reef
Selected filters
Reviewed September 11, 2019

The location on an unspoilt seafront is beautiful and the unit spacious, clean and well equipped for self catering.

The 10km travel on a sandy dirt road is not ideal for a overnight stop, but fine for a longer stay.

The dinner was good and reasonably priced. The breakfast was average.

Price quoted on Booking.com in Rands was R900.00 actual charge was in Meticas ie MT3900.00 converting to R1018.50. I prefer to pay exactly what I have been quoted.

Date of stay: August 2019
Elna B, Owner at Zona Braza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback Bertus, much appreciated. Our road is accessible with a normal car. It takes you 20 minutes from the main road to reach Zona Braza Beach lodge. Our prices is Mozambican currency (mts3 900 incl breakfast for 2 persons), which is meticais. When using booking.com you have to remember that the daily exchange rate differs and it is stated in the terms and conditions of booking.com. When paying by credit card, your bank use the official exchange rate.
Hope that you will stay with us in future again.

Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

My two friends and I found Zona Baza a luxurious break from traveling all over Southern Africa. The villas are large, with great views and plenty of privacy. We had a private pool, braii area and beautifully decorated rooms. This would be a great place for couples and families alike. My only wish was to be able to stay for many more days. You do need a 4x4 to navigate the sandy roads though, but well worth it!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Elna B, Owner at Zona Braza, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2019

Thank you, hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed July 3, 2019 via mobile

4 Casa’s, 6 children, 8 adults, 8 days!!
Absolute paradise, running away from winter to sunny Mozambique. Days on the beach, drinking cocktails on the pool deck, with 3 pools to choose from! We enjoyed giant prawns and fresh crayfish, dripping in lemon butter sauce. The staff and management is amazing, Elna and Jaco can’t do enough to ensure you enjoy your stay. Don’t forget to stop at the beach bar, you never want to rerun to the real world!!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Elna B, Owner at Zona Braza, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2019

Thank you. Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 28, 2019

If only this amazing establishment had been known to me before I went to Mozambique - I would not have wasted my time staying anywhere else on the East Coast of Africa - and I mean from South Africa to Zanzibar . You could not wish for a more accomplished hostess than Elna and Jaco (the host) is truly ´Top of his Game' in terms of maintenance and ensuring that guests can lavish in the lush natural Garden of Eden that he has meticulously crafted

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank HErBocaChica
Elna B, Manager at Zona Braza, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2019

Thank you, hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed April 9, 2019

This place is not heavily advertised or marketed, even the road there has few signboards but is absolutely incredible. We went for breakfast as we were staying in the lodge next door. Amazing view from the restaurant, I had freash mussels in creamy garlic sauce (yes for breakfast) and the rest of the group all has the usual breakfast. Next time I visit will definitely be staying for a few nights.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Elna B, Owner at Zona Braza, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2019

Thanks Craig. Happy that you have enjoyed our restaurant. Looking forward to your visit in future.