“the sweetest landlady in Cuba”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baracoa
Casa Colonial Yalina y Gustavo
Ranked #2 of 57 Baracoa B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We arrived in this casa after having NOT slept at another house in Baracoa. They had no room for us when we arrived, but promised to have one free the day after, and when we saw we could not sleep properly in the one we stayed, we immediately left and moved to Yalina. We had a HUGE room, which faced the internal patio. Everything was very clean. We ate breakfast there, and Yalina also cooked us lobster in coconut sauce one night, and it was very nice. What's even better, Yalina is very nice, sweet and caring. She is never pushy (a rare quality in Cuba). We loved talking to her. I highly recommend this house.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying with Gustavo and Yalina from Feb.6 -11, and it made my stay in the beautiful Baracoa region an amazing experience . I came on the Viazul bus from Santiago where Gustavo met me at the bus station holding a sign with my name on it and promptly had me in a bicycle taxi for the short ride to his casa. A wonderfully situated house that is clean and bright and Yalina is an amazing cook. I was travelling solo and she had the table completely covered with plates of delicious food, all for me !! And the thermos full of the thickest , creamiest hot chocolate for breakfast everyday had me spoiled in no time !Only a block from the ocean and a few blocks from the main streets in town makes it a great location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Brenda H
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at the casa particular of Gustavo and Yalina in Baracoa, Cuba. Their house was comfortable and secure and very well located near the center of town. Our room was well ventilated and beds were quite comfortabl. Most of all, the owners, Gustavo and Yalina were lovely people! I highly recommend staying with them if you plan to visit Baracoa, Cuba. Also, Yalina understands quite a bit of english if you don't speak Spanish.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank cyclngirl
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The food was excellent, the best we had in Cuba. Gustava and Yalina are the great hosts. We spent 2 nights in their casa in October. The room was really comfortable and clean. The house is well situated, 2 minutes from the town center, but it's calm and peaceful. Excellent price/quality ratio.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2012

My friend and I stayed with Gustavo & Yalina in April. Their house is really lovely, clean and calm. The hosts are adorable and will do all they can to make you feel at ease. The food is to die for (try the fish with coconut sauce) and breakfasts huge (incl hot baracoan chocolate).

A really recommended place to stay at. One of the best we've had in Cuba

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lindzgy
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We loved this place in Baracoa,
high hospitality, beautiful roof terrace and one of
the best foods in the country.
Rooms are nice and very clean.
The owners are very nice and helpful.
No doubt one of the nicest casas in cuba.
Only the climate in baracoa in septembe is a bit tough!
It is a wonderful place for excursions an for some lay back days.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Andreas M
Reviewed July 1, 2011

If you are in Baracoa,Cuba you should stay with Gustavo & Yalina.
Clean, Friendly, Meet Other Guess and the Food just Great. You will be trying fruits that, probably never had before. You will be asked what you like to eat in the morning from wider selection then other place in Cuba. You can bring your own fish to be cooked as well.

Room Tip: it is casa paticular like B&B. Basic.