Garden Court Nelson Mandela Boulevard
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
SUN1 Foreshore(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Kimberley Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Parliament Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Townhouse Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Cape Diamond Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
Fountains Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
All reviewscape towneasy accessbreakfast and dinnerenjoyed my staytable mountainnice stayrooms are spacioushome away from homewaterfrontfreewaycbdbay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2014

When we arrived we were warmly received but our booking was a mix up there was so much confusion with the bookings. When we got to our room it had a bad stench it was changed but it still had the stench but not as bad. I did not like the fact the our rooms were never vacuumed. THE STENCH WAS TOO MUCH,,,WHEN WE WERE IN THE ROOM WE HAD TO HAVE THE ROOM DOOR AND THE BALCONY SLIDING DOOR OPENED TO LET IN FRESH AIR.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Hennie S, General Manager at Garden Court Nelson Mandela Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Theko F

Thank you for taking the time to complete the revue and your valued feedback. We have checked the room now and did not find a smell we will esnure that we monitor this and avoid this happening again. We have also replied on your eguest review. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The Hotel was good. But the locality where the hotel is not up to the mark(narrow lanes). It is easily accessible to N2 and is close to the town. If you can find some other garden court in cape town, I suggest that in terms of locality. Other than that it is nice hotel to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pavan M
Hennie S, General Manager at Garden Court Nelson Mandela Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Pavan M

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey and your valued feedback.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have never written a review prior to accessing services be it hotel stays, dining etc but the telephone service so far I have received today just to confirm my booking for next week was so appalling. I made our family booking way back in October through HotelClub. When I called up today i was told of cancelled bookings and one of the staff even told me i was supposed to have checked in yesterday. I was shuffled from pillar to post and all staff singing the same tune that the only bookings they can see on the system for me are the cancelled ones. I am sure they have bookings through HotelClub and other travel agents to check and verify customers bookings instead of carrying on like they are programmed/ got blinkers to only see or read what is booked through their hotel. In the end the solution to my problem was "Sorry ma'am, there is nothing I can do about it", leaving me in limbo. So I had to go out of my way and call HotelClub in Australia from South Africa to get my problem solved. Poor service already before even staying there. Waiting to see and experience the rest upon arrival on tuesday 7 january. I hope to come back from this holiday with positive reviews.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Hennie S, General Manager at Garden Court Nelson Mandela Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Thelmwa

Thank you for posting your review. We would like to apologise for the difficulties you experienced with you reservation. We trust that you had a great stay with us.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

the staff were not friendly and not smiling, cleaning staff rude, location good. I wantsd to buy a bottle of still water at about 14 30, nothing, also no ice bucket.
disappointed at this hotel, I will stay at newlands sun or waterfront sun next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Hennie S, General Manager at Garden Court Nelson Mandela Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Mohammed A

Thank you for taking the time to complete the revue on our hotel. As a norm the staff ar every friendly and we apologise that this was not the case during your stay.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

On a recent business trip to Cape Town, a group of us were booked into this hotel. Upon hearing that we were to stay at a Garden Court, I was quite happy... until arriving there. From the moment I arrived, it was one disaster after the next. Firstly the hotel was so fully booked that we were forced to share rooms with colleagues. Next the room was old, musty and smelt as if it was a converted ex-smoking room. There was no shower and the shower in the bath made a mess all over the floor. Breakfast was ok, but I will not stay here again. If you do not have a car, the hotel would also be just a bit too far out of the CBD, resulting in high taxi fares.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a shower. Mountain view's are a little better as well.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Good Day Greg M

Thank you for taking the time to revue our hotel. We would like to apologise for teh room not being to your satisfaction and will ensure that this is corrected going forward. There is an alternative to Taxi service and that is MYCITI bus service that is a mere few hundred meters from the hotel and the cost to Waterfront return is around R21.

Hennie