“Good value but small”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Levi
Swindon
“Good value but small”
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I have just returned from a weeks skiing in Levi with my wife and 2 childrn aged 10 and 15. We stayed at the Levilehto chalets (number 8) which sleeps 2-6 although 6 would be a push. The apartments consisted of entrance hall which included coat hooks some storage space and the dryer, living area with sofa, dining table and chairs and a small but well equipped kitchen area, two bedrooms and a shower room with basin and a sauna. The lounge area was small with a 3 seater sofa , TV and DVD player. Bedroom 1 had a bunk bed which was a double on the bottom and single on the top, with an additional pull out bed and a tall but narrow wardrobe. Bed 2 had a single bed with additional pull out bed and another tall but narrow wardrode. The shower room had underfloor heating and was baking hot most of the time. Overall, the chalet was OK, we enjoyed syaing there despite the cramped conditions. and the lack of storage space for clothes. It was about a 10 minute hike to the ski slopes which was a pain but, not too bad and the supermarket was conveniently 5 mins away. I would recommend for a family a 3 or 4 who didn't mind the walk to the ski slopes. The resort itself was nice, a good range of slopes and some good jumps and 2 half pipes for the kids. We'd certainly consider returning to Levi but maybe in a hotel next to the slopes next time.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Finnish first
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Reviewed April 1, 2010

This place was the best. Value for Euro this is the place. A nice small apartment in a very center location. Full kitchen, nice tv, and room. The only bad thing was it had bunk beds. I'm a 4/5 star hotel guy most of the time, but this was perfect for this trip. Clean, and helpful staff. Very happy! So much fun in Levi!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank dcl80
UK
Reviewed March 11, 2010

Our third time in Levi - first time we stayed in one bedroom Levilehto Apartments, second time at K5 Hotle and we returned back to Levilehto Apartments for or last visit staying in a studio this time. Our daughter and partner took the one next door and our friends had the one adjacent to that. We absolutely adore the privacy and quiet of the chalets over the hotel (although K5 was good, we prefered the chalets).

The studio is really only sized for a couple but it is quite big enough for two with everything you could want. Kitchen well equipped we - cooked breakfast, lunch, etc and it was very clean too - microwave, cooker, cutlery, glasses, etc.

Bathroom is small but functional with sauna adjacent to shower - ideal really. There is washer in thebathroom too.

Living room is open plan with kitchen, sitting room area with couch, coffee table, falt screened TV and DVD player. There is a dining room table - we fit 6 round ours okay but had to borrow two chairs form daughter next door - the bunk beds are at the back. There is a real log fire and all the wood is free - collect it on a sledge and keep it justoutsde your door.

Heating is very warm - adjustable and underfloor in bathroom. There is a hallway part where you hang coats and it has drying cabinet which is equally good for drying jackets and your washing in no time.

Only downside is the two small towels they provide you with and the fact thatthe bed has to be made up by you on arrival - but thats not a big deal really. If they wanted to improve I would say offer more towels as travellers don't need extra weight in their cases these days. Otherthan that keep up the good work!

The chalets are in a prime location in the village and very close the supermarket which has come on loads since we first started going to Levi - you can get some good food and cook in sometimes to save some money. PLenty of takeaways too. You can buy beer in market but they have move the Alco shop just out of town - wine.

Please bear in mind on checkout day the cleaners who have to get in and make it ready for next people in a short time - 12pm is quite a late checkout so if you can spare a thought for how you felt when you arrived and the chalet was ready - then if you can vacate a little earlier they really appreciate it.

Levi is growing each time we go and there was a new hotel at top of slope plus some new restaurants and cafes. We tried the chinese/asian one which was really good.

The Kaffe is a fantastic little place for good value and quality food - great soups sandwiches and pastries - they also do takeouts if you fancy afternoon tea in your chalet with a homemade cuppa! New hotel near by also does great soup and coffees too.

We went to Arran restaurant which was good but expensive, I won't be going back there though as I didn't agree with something they did - they make you take your coats off at the door and leave everything then charge 2 Euros each per coat whether you want to or not - I told them I wanted to take my coat in as it had my phone, Ipod ect in pocket 0 they still charged me and wouldn't take it off the bill - I'm not mean but I don't like being told I'll be charged for something I didn't use. So beware.

Free internet access really easy to find - new hotel in main sqaure, K5 and Internet cafe.

Intersport is cheaper for your ski hire that Point Zero and it is only across the road.

I've got to end with the best last - we have been huntingthe Northern Lights for 10years now all overth eworld but never got lucky - we saw them 3 times on this visit - the last night it put on a show of over an hour of a spectacular display - so for all you spotters out there don't give up because its worth it in the end. Take a wonder out of town away from the lights between 11 and 1pm and you may get lucky - must be a clear night though. Happy hunting and hope my review is useful!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TRav100
Northants
Reviewed March 7, 2010

The Levilehto challets are awsome with alot of space. There was three of us in the challets in the febuary holidays, My nan had her own bedroom which had a double bed and a single bed and me and my friend shared one with three singles and 1 double. The facilites in the challets are very nice and well looked after. I love Levi that much im going to move there when 17. Overall the challets are perfect for a family with children.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Beaminster
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Levilehto apartments are warm and comfortable. We travelled with our two children (8 & 6 yrs) and had a fantastic holiday in Levi. The apartment is well equipped and comfortable for a family of four. There was a little sauna in ours, a good sized bathroom, well equipped kitchen and cosy living area. I would recommend these apartments if you are happy to self cater. The supermarket is located less than 5 minutes away, and the ski-slopes about 10 minutes walk. The prices in the supermarket were comparable to here in the UK for most things. My only advise to those going is make sure you take loads of warm things to wear on the slopes - as it's very cold! Children will need balaclavas, hats, goggles, gloves & mitts over the top, about 4-5 layers + thermal jacket & trousers. You can manage to ski for around 45 minutes, but then you have to take a break and warm up! Lots of lovely cafes on the slopes. Kids land was great too - you can go into a warming hut where they serve free berry juice, you can sit and reindeer skins by the fire to warm up. Husky rides & Reindeer safari were well worth it. A real magical adventure!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank LucyBeaminster
scruffy906
Reviewed January 28, 2010

It was clean, cosy and warm with a sauna and log fire. A great location, the size was good for a couple but too small for a large family. But you can get ones with more rooms or perhaps get two next to each other. There was plenty of storage for us.

The kitchen was fully equiped if your not eating in one of the hotels (dishwasher, toaster, fridgefreezer and microwave plus all utensils). Plus a washing machine and dryer and a flat screen tv and hi fi.

Great value for money.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scruffy906
manchester
Reviewed January 25, 2010

My second trip to Levi, first time in Levilehto chalet. It was very well equiped and lovely and warm. There was three of us in a chalet for six, good for us but I think it would be cramped at full occupancy and each bedroom has one single wardrobe and the living room has a two seeter sofa and a chair although there is a poof and 4 chairs around the dining table. Supermarket across the road very good, eating out was a shock at the cost expect £25 a head for a very basic meals. For ski - ing excellent snow conditions although when temperatures go below -20 it's too cold try going in March onwards when it is warmer, my nephew loved ski school and he came on very quickly. The ice carting trip with Inghams was brilliant and well worth the money, without trips nothing happening.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family