Hotel Hullu Poro - The Crazy Reindeer
Levilehto Apartments(Levi)(Great Value!)
$59
Hotel Seita(Akaslompolo)
Hotel YllasHumina(Akaslompolo)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshullu porocrazy reindeerski slopesthe main hotelice hotelhalf boardnorthern lightsbouncy castletaster sessionshared balconyrock cafewelcome meetingzero pointreal santainghams repssauna and jacuzzicoach ride
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We have nowed stayed at this hotel twice. It is in a great location with ski bus stops outside and a short 10 minute walk to the ski lifts. It is in an ideal location for young families. We have stayed half board on both occaisions and have always enjoyed the food. We stayed in the block that is seperate to the main hotel building so you do have to walk outside to get to the restaurant but as long as you have a coat on it's not a problem. The room was clean and well maintained. There is free WIFI in the restaurant and hotel reception.

Levi is great place to ski. The pistes are quiet and there are no queues at the lifts. There is a 'kidsland' area for children to play on sledges and stigas provided and there is a lovely hut for you to go for a warm drink by the fire.

At the Levitunturi hotel there is an indoor play area and swimming pool for which non-guest can pay.

We will definitely be going again!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Tarby82
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I visited the crazy reindeer at the beginning of December for a romantic get away with my boyfriend . Booked with inghams, flight was ok but I'd advise to avoid December to avoid to mass of kids. Arrived at hotel and was firstly situated at the back of the hotel on the ground floor, wasn't impressed with view of just trees so asked the reception to move, they were polite and changed right away. The new room was on the top floor and had a fab view of the ski slope. Evening meal was lovely and candle lit with an open buffet of meats, salad, chips and deserts, sadly this was continuous througout the holiday but the soups were delicious! Staff were super nice and were alway helpful when you required information. Rooms were basic but made up for it with the bathrooms :) heated flooring with large marble basin. The hotels location was ideal, 2 minutes walk from the ski slope and 2minute walk from the supermarket. The shop was pricey but had everything you required from hats, food, beverages. NOTE: you don't need to buy a sledge from the supermarket as hotel provides . One of the highlights of the holiday was sledging down the ski slope which closes at night so you can use it which was so much fun. The area was so safe to walk around in the evening. Defo recommend !!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Rhjt
Reviewed February 4, 2012

one week in this hotel was brilliant. staff very helpful, everywhere nice & warm,clean, & food plentiful with everything on menu you could ask for.Inghams staff were very knowledgable especially our rep Sam.All the trips we wanted to do were available at last minute & were organised down to the last detail.The glass igloo stay was lovely although & although it was too snowy to apprecaite any views, the 'kota' hut with open fire made up for it. the reindeer trip & the husky mushing were really lovely & the snowmobiling was great. we went to the ice hotel & stayed the night & the snowmobile trip to it was exhilarating to say the least. the sleeping arrangements were 'different' but similar to camping at home.
a really exciting holiday, & the hotel very good value for money.

Room Tip: if you dont want to have to walk from another block for your meals choose a room in flying/white reindeer.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pauline p
Reviewed February 3, 2012

From the second we got off the plane, I could not have asked for a more perfect experience. I decided to fly with Inghams to the Crazy Reindeer about 2 weeks before leaving on the 22nd of January. I had read a lot of good reviews about the place, so was happy to book to go with one of my friends, who cannot ski.

I can ski, but thought this resort looked especially great to help her learn and to try some new stuff out myself like snowmobiling, huski rides, and other winter wonderland fun. All of these things the reps fully brief you on when they pick you up. I would advise waiting until this point to book as everything was cheaper to do this way.

For experienced skiers/boarders there are only a couple black runs, and quite a few reds. The off piste is superb as is the Snow park with a good amount of jumps and a half pipe to keep everyone entertained. The snow fell everyday keeping snow conditions brilliant, runs were all pisted every night.

The hotel was inexpensive as far as holidays to Levi go, and included half board, a comical painting of reindeers on the wall and a steam room which was brilliant to have in our own room.

The hotel has a sauna (beware they like to go naked, but you don't have to obviously), gym, weights room, many restaurants on site and is a 5 minute walk from everything in town. Including the ski lifts, supermarket, and huge spa. The staff were extremely helpful and the room had wifi even though we were not expecting this. Even if you don't have your laptop you can use the laptop in the reception by the log fire, there is ample room here for you to laze around or relax before dinner.

The food ran from 7-10 breakfast, and 5-8.30 for dinner which worked great for us skiing and going on excursions.

My skis were lost on the first day and the whole Inghams rep team were on the case from the first minute helping me with replacement skis and thermal clothes. It is very very cold in January, minus 20 but only minus 15 at times. As long as you have great clothes to wrap up with then you are good :).

If your thinking about it, just do it, the memories are magnificent!!

p.s. yeah we saw the Northern lights..Wow!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Amanda Q
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We have just returned from the most fabulous holiday in Levi where we stayed at the Crazy Reindeer Hotel. I cannot fault the hotel in any way, The food is plentiful but very 'continental' in nature which we loved- but don't expect British junk food from this hotel. I would recommend the gym and sauna facilities if you stay here - they are excellent.
The resort of Levi is beautiful, its clean and magical although you need to know that it's night life is quiet and the drinks are expensive.
The skiing was excellent! The equipment was good quality and the instruction was very good. The pistes are generally navigated by drag lifts, some of which are long and by the end of the week you will know about it in your thighs!
Its very very cold and my advise would be to invest in good gloves, socks and face protection is an absolute must! Even the Fins think it's too cold to ski in (Haha). Balaclavas are a must but buy before you go as gear too is expensive.
We booked our holiday through Inghams and it proved to be worth every penny. However, if I was to be picky I would say that we got no complimentary welcome drink at the welcome meeting, which is a first in my experience. Also, we booked for the reindeer (Kammi) feast which is quite expensive but well worth it - but we were charged for a coffee with the meal which was a bit of a cheek in my opinion. Oh and that's the only real disappointment I had all week, the coffee is pants and I couldn't wait for a nice 'Gold Blend' when I got home. Nevertheless a ten out of ten experience for us!

Room Tip: Some rooms are out of the main building and will involve a walk in the cold weather to get to the main facilities
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple