Golden Crown Levi Igloos
Hotel Levi Panorama(Levi)(Great Value!)
$86
$84
$94
  • Breakfast included
Levi Suites Levi Gold(Sirkka)(Great Value!)
$88
$99
$79
$116
  • Breakfast included
Levi Hotel Spa(Levi)(Great Value!)
$85
Levilehto Apartments(Levi)(Great Value!)
$59
TripAdvisor
All reviewsglass igloofront rowspent one nightnorthern lightsonce in a lifetimeromantic placesmall kitchenelectric bedsromantic staycd playerworth every pennysecond rowigloo villagebucket listmother naturenew moonnight watching
Reviewed February 29, 2012

An unbelievable experience in the best possible way. Just magical.

Highly recommend for a romantic getaway.

The igloos as the pictures show are of glass construction. The glass is heated so unless it is snowing hard, you generally have a pretty clear view as the heated glass is enough to clear most of the snow.

High up on the fell, overlooking the Valley below. Open views. Incredibly beautiful during our stay there in February 2012.

The bed deserves a special mention. Luxuriously comfortable, king sized. Controls on the side of the bed enable you to position the bed to a comfortable sitting position, making it very easy to relax and take in the views at different angles.

Unfortunately we only spent 2 nights there and only caught a glimpse of the Northern Lights off in the distance during our stay (we missed out by one night) but can imagine when the lights do their thing it would be a fantastic place to view them.

Very clean, amenities were good. Don't expect to be able to throw a party in the room due to space but for us it was perfect, it all added to the experience, bringing the views much closer to us.

Tea/Coffee/milk, and even a breakfast platter were provided.

To break up our time in the igloo, we arranged for a local dog sledding company to collect us on one of our days and took a quick taxi ride to Levi Center for a bit of shopping. We had absolutely no issue with the location. It is far enough away from Levi Center to enjoy the stunning views in peace, yet close enough to quickly access all that Levi Center has to offer if you want to make a trip or experience some of the local activities.

We found it very easy to access taxi's to this location and generally had a taxi arrive within 10 minutes of us calling one.

The Kota hut provides an great experience. My husband and I spent a few hours sipping wine and toasting sausages over the fire. A lovely experience and a great way to either meet new people or catch up with friends who may also be staying.

Excellent value for money and a fantastic experience.

Room Tip: We had the igloo right at the end.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Katrina H
Reviewed January 27, 2012

This is a really gorgeous and original choice of accommodation. It was very romantic, located in the arctic wilderness with all modern luxuries.

The glass igloos were beautifully decorated inside, there were Jazz CD's to listen to, a little kitchenette where you could cook dinner if you wanted to and a nice bathroom.

Only downside is that hot water only lasts several minutes - so don't get caught out washing your hair!

We were not lucky enough to catch the Northern lights during our stay but I would imagine they would be spectacular from that location. Clearly the glass igloo is designed for you to view the night sky and the position of the bed is adjustable with a remote control.

The sceney outside was stunning when we woke up - eery snow covered trees with the beautiful morning light starting to come through.

I would recommend you hire your own car as it is a considerable distance from the town and you don't want to rely on taxis to get around.

We paid EUR 340 for one night.

Highly recommended for a romantic getaway or honeymoon.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brancar
Reviewed January 1, 2012

This place is a diamond on the hill. Firstly, the staff are very friendly and catered to all my needs. Secondly, it is situated away from lighted areas and thus, we managed to catch the Aurora Borealis and took amazing photos there. The beds can be elevated and this made it even more comfortable to watch the auroras from the interiors of the warm glass igloo while lying on the bed. I celebrated christmas eve in the igloos with my friends as we watched and took pictures of the auroras. It was an absolutely fantastic experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank S_Q90
Reviewed December 12, 2011

The igloos are an original and fastantic place to stay in when traveling to Lapland. You can't get any closer to the nature than this and it is amazingly quiet and peaceful - super relaxing!

We stayed in the igloos for two nights but I would've have wanted to stay for a few more. I would not go there with a big group but for couples it is perfect. Very romantic especially in the winter with snow. The weather wasn't perfect so unfortunately we did not get to see stars or Aurora Borealis, which obviously would've made the experience truly unforgettable.

I do suggest renting a car if you're planning to stay in the igloos. As mentioned in earlier reviews, it is quite far from the Levi center and thus shops, restaurants and other services. The remote location is thus both the advantage and the disadvantage of the igloos: it is very peaceful, but then again you have to have a car or be willing to pay a lot for cabs if you want to visit Levi center every now and then.

The igloos aren't maybe your accommodation choice if you're staying in Lapland for a long time, but I would definitely recommend staying in them for 2-3 nights. Rent a car, go grocery shopping and enjoy the lovely Northern evenings in the igloos with a glass of champagne ;) It doesn't get much better than that! However, if you wish to party and be close to the Levi center, the igloos probably aren't for you.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I slept my previous nightless night in a glass igloo on the top of the mountain in Levi. I have never had a similar view in my life: several lakes, a river, pristine forest. The sun was shining. I could see clouds when lying on my bed, Bytheway very comfortable bed. A luxurous feeling in the morning, have a cup of coffee and look at the fantastic scene.
Only 10 minutes ride from the airport of Kittilä.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business