“Just wonderful”
Review of Eagle North Kayak

Eagle North Kayak
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Dingwall
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I did a 2 hour kayaking by ourselves in a 2 persons kayak. Just wonderful experience! Despite a cloudy day, the scebary was just spelendid. Mike (the owner) was more than helpful and so friendly.

I was quite nervous at the beginning as it was our first time kayaking plus neither us knows how to swim.. Mike took time explaining to us how to maneuver the kayaka and where to go near the shore. unfortunately mike broke his leg and was having a hard time walking and had to watch us afar from the shore - he kept a watchful eye until he's sure we knew what what we were doing. Also, it was our first time to cape Breton and did not have a lot of "successful" planning ahead. Mike spent 15 minutes after the kayaking circling out places in a map showing us where to go, what to see, all is so friendly and gave us have us heart felt warmth.

Highly recommend! We will visit youagain Mike if we are ever back to cape Breton again.

All reviews
"nova scotia"
in 6 reviews
"at home"

Reviewed July 4, 2013

What an awesome trip. I signed up for a half-day tour and was so pleased with everything. It was easy to make the booking (phone or email) and the owners (Michael and Jen) are very attentive, happy and helpful (I used a recommendation from their website to find my B&B - Country Haven - also awesome!). I have been kayaking a couple of times before but was really glad to have Jen as a guide. She is very easy-going, yet safety and comfort conscious the entire time. She is very knowledgeable and has some excellent stories to tell her paddlers. I was really impressed with the gear they supplied - great kayaks, spray skirts (or spray decks :)), and even paddling jackets and a variety of dry bags. It was so helpful to have these items available. And yep the cookies, cherries, candy and tea on the beach - with a sea on in the background for the story - were all icing on the cake. I really can't wait to come back and if you ever thought you might like to try kayaking or you are an experienced paddler this is the place to go!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I took a half day kayak tour with this family run company. It was positively the best. Jen is the wife and she obviously loves what she does. She was so informative, supportive and just a genuine delight. It was a terrific tour and we highly recommend it.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

...how incredible this adventure out on Aspy Bay was! Started out on what we expected to be an hour row around the smaller part of the bay and ended up staying for almost 3 hours. I am already excited for my next trip to Cape Breton. I missed out on these cookies everyone has been raving about! Guess I will have to book the guided tour for my next visit ;) Huge thanks to Jen and Mike for providing their services and sharing this experience with the world.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 13, 2013

First of all, I am biased. I went to high school with the owners of this business. That said, going to high school with someone can sometimes cause a negative bias. The kayaking down Shore Road is excellent for beginners, which I was the first time I went there, and the guides at Eagle North are wonderful for more advanced kayakers. I look forward to taking my two daughters to Eagle North when they get old enough to kayak.