Ti Kaye was the most romantic place I've been. It is isolated and very con-commercial so it is not for those of you who are looking for fast food and action. However, if you are looking for total relaxation and a luxurious place to stay and get away from it all, this is your place. The chalet was absolutely amazing. The service was nothing less than professional.
The dining was exquisite with a variety of delicious dinners. Pre-dinner the guests would gather at the bar and socialize over a few drinks and each guest was given a mini shoulder and neck massage. That was great until he and I both ended up sunburned and then it became a little painful ;) I was impressed that there was no "set" menu; each night carried a new theme, and Thai night was definitely my favorite. Lunch was served at your convenience at the beach bar where you could sit next to the ocean and enjoy a light menu in your cotton skirt, tank, and flip flops and just be steps away from getting back to the beach.
My favorite part of the chalet was the outdoor shower. When I build my dream house, it will definitely have a replicated "Ti Kaye" shower!
There are many activities available at the resort, and many off-site coordinated through the resort, including land, sea and land/sea tour combinations. We, however, did not want to be a part of a group and wanted to venture out just the two of us and govern our own day and pick and choose what we did. The staff at Ti Kaye was more than happy to arrange a driver for us and we spent a day just exploring the island. We had lunch at Ladera, another resort on the island, visited the rainforest and volcano, and had an amazing time.
On Friday nights, the locals in nearby Anse Le Raye have a fish fry. It's a sort of street fair with vendors lining the streets with a variety of local food and fare. It is not glamourous, it is not upscale, but it is fun! It is an amazing opportunity to immerse yourself in the local culture and to live like a true St. Lucian, if only for a few hours. Ti Kaye provides shuttling to and from the event.
I think my partner was most impressed with the wine collection and selection. He had a very enjoyable wine tasting session with Ti Kaye's very knowledgeable sommelier, Cleus.
I highly advise anyone considering this resort as their destination to just go....you're not going to regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Anse Cochon Bay Ti Kaye Resort & Spa is located on the serene West Coast and is simply known as Ti Kaye, (which means small house in the native creole patois language of Saint Lucia). With only 33 rooms, 2 bars & restaurants, the Kai Koko Spa and a 600+ bin 'Wine Kave' there is no better place for romantic relaxation - combined with some of the best snorkeling and diving to be found anywhere on Saint Lucia right off the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Ti Kaye Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ti Kaye Village Hotel Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Resort St Lucia