1,652 results
All reviews fish every night st lucia marigot bay botanical gardens rented a car laid back mango anse la raye public beach caribbean sea rainy season off the beaten path wine list gros piton natural beauty plunge pool
Selected filters
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

Myself and my husband spent the last 4 days of our honeymoon here in October.
The hotel is gorgeous, rooms are beautiful and food is very nice but lots of downfalls to this hotel unfortunately.
You are in the middle of nowhere so unless you hire a car or want to pay extreme taxi costs you are stuck to eat and drink here your full stay which is ok as the food is delicious but prices are high and the dinner menu did not change why we were there which was extremely disappointed considering the majority of guests here were of less than a week.
Rooms are absolutely gorgeous - no down fall here.
The grounds are also absolutely gorgeous but you are set in the back of a rainforest on an incline so there are steps and small inclining hills EVERYWHERE - not for the unfit or faint hearted that's for sure.
There are something like 165 steps to the beach.
The beach - disappointing!! Beds aren't white as on the pics, they're orange so don't look as picturesque. The beach is very rocky, however we had just been spoilt with Grand Anse beach in Grenada which is like walking on talc therefore I wasn't over impressed with this beach at all. It's "private" to the hotel, I don't agree.
It has a good snorkelling spot which is great but then you have 2 sometimes 3 boats at a time stopping so not very private.
The staff are the friendliest I have ever met. All of them, lovely people. They will go out of their way for you and did on a few occasions.
However you can see this resort like being tipped. Your prices are all PLUS 10% VAT and PLUS 10% service charge. What I didn't like is the fact you are expected to tip on top of this. At breakfast if you are just having the continental which is included in your price they give you a receipt in a book to sign to give you the opportunity to tip when you have served yourself. This i didn't like.
The setting is extremely tranquil and peaceful and if you want to relax then this is absolutely the place for you, just be aware of the steps and prices.
Would I return? No, reason being, it's too far for a few days and I could only do a few days here. It got a bit samey and a bit boring after that.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TiKayeGM, General Manager at Ti Kaye Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Hello kellimnc21,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry you did not totally enjoy your time with us here at Ti Kaye and therefore really appreciate your kind words on the resort in general, the grounds, the quality of the food and of course "the friendliest staff ever".

Please email me directly (I cannot add an email address here but you can find it on our website) as I am curious who you booked with. Certainly on our website and with many of the tour operators that we work very closely with we are particular to mention our secluded location, This is actually one of the many reasons people choose to stay at Ti Kaye. Saint Lucia however is a volcanic island so the beaches are not like Grenada, which I agree are lovely. All beaches in Saint Lucia are public so not sure where you heard we are 'private'. Again, please contact me via email so I can amend any incorrect information out there.

As you may be aware we recently had Irma and Maria go North of us and whilst they were far enough away (thankfully) to cause no damage, they did bring large sea swells which put stones on the beach. It happens every year and day by day mother nature moves them back into the Caribbean sea.

With regards to the menus, as mentioned in a previous reply - this Summer we changed the menus round a little. We have had several comments on this, on here, on guest comment cards and verbally at our weekly cocktail party. We have taken all your wonderful feedback on board and have already revised the menu to rotate on a 7 day basis, giving out guests more choice.

Thanks again for your review which highlights that Ti Kaye is secluded and located on a cliff side 166 steps up from the beach, but as you said is "extremely peaceful and tranquil".

Happy travels!

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

The resort is nice but a bit outdated. Everything shows signs of wear - room furniture, resort facilities, even stairs to the beach are in need of repair. I am not talking about the road to the resort, it has been mentioned thousands times already, but the roads and paths inside the resort are totally ruined too! I tripped few times walking in the dark after the dinner. Now the restaurant: buffet breakfast is ok but the restaurant menue is limited and no variety - each day is the same. The prices are high and the food is mediocre for what they charge. Considering that the hotel is in very remote place and no other options to eat are around, you will be stuck with the same menue for a while. There is a small gift shop in the resort but no pharmacy or convenience store, so be sure you stock on basics: cold medicine, bug spray, spf etc, otherwise you will have to wait until some stuff member will bring them from the nearest village. Not really convenient. And taxi ride is expensive. So overall it’s nice place but needs a lot of improvement.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear kate191,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. All constructive feedback is very important to us.

As you can probably imagine, being in the Caribbean and above the sea means there is constant 'maintenance' in a resort such as ours. As occupancy is usually slightly lower during the Summer months we take that time to 'spruce up' around the resort. I am not sure what room you stayed in but the majority of them have already had their annual review. My apologies if your room was not up to the standard you were expecting. We have very recently patched sections of the internal road that needed doing. Again apologies this was not done in time for your visit. The main road (which does not belong to the resort) will be getting patched again this month as well.

With regards to the menus, this Summer we changed the menus round a little. We have had several comments on this, on here, on guest comment cards and verbally at our weekly cocktail party. We have taken all your wonderful feedback on board and have already revised the menu to rotate on a 7 day basis, giving out guests more choice.

As we are a small boutique resort we do not have the space for a convenience store, but our gift shop should stock basic items such as bug spray, toothpaste, sun screen etc. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have already discussed it with the relevant departments in our weekly Management meetings.

We are all disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us, but thank you for your feedback to help us improve.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

My wife and I stayed here 9 years ago for our honeymoon. Absolutely loved it! It is the essence of a boutique resort. The layout is beautiful, the landscaping breathtaking. At least when I was there, there was only one restaurant, but the meals were exquisite and the menu always varied. The staff were so friendly, the beach was private and had such good snorkeling that other resorts would send boats out to our cove to explore the waters. It is the best place to relax. I don't know that I would want to spend an entire week at Ti Kaye without doing more than 1 excursion, but then I have a hard time sitting still. This place is still tops on my list of all vaca spots: maybe we will return for our 10th year anniversary.

Date of stay: November 2016

Hello Ben G,

Wow - 9 years ago, I think that's a record for the longest overdue review :-)

We would be delighted to have you both back, whether it's for your 10 year anniversary or any other time. Please contact us when you are ready for "the best place to relax".

Reviewed October 24, 2017

Stayed here on our honeymoon from Oct 15-19, 2017. Loved almost everything about Ti Kaye. Definitely secluded (1hr drive or more to any of the sights) but you could probably spend your entire trip on the resort if you aren't interested in traveling too far.

Pros: Location, private beach, excellent staff, roomy cottages
Cons: Food maybe a bit overpriced & menu didn't change (but comparable to the rest of St Lucia) and we weren't blown away by the dinners we had there, except:

Don't miss: The Wednesday managers cocktail hour (complimentary) & 7 course Creole dinner was absolutely amazing.

Finishing up our stay at Ladera resort so that is what I am using as comparison. Besides the view and location to soufriere and the major attractions in the area, I would choose Ti Kaye over Ladera if we came back. Visit the restaurant at Ladera for the views, but maintain privacy by staying at Ti Kaye.

Hellio hitchlips,

Delighted that you enjoyed 'almost' everything whilst celebrating your honeymoon with us. We'll go for that 5/5 score on a return anniversary trip maybe?

With regards to the menus, this Summer we changed the menus round a little. We have had several comments on this, on here, on guest comment cards and verbally at our weekly cocktail party. We have taken all your feedback on board and have already revised the menu to rotate on a 7 day basis, giving our guests more choice. Happy that you enjoyed the 7 night Creole tasting menu after the Wednesday night cocktail party. Your feedback has been passed onto Chef and his team.

Thanks for your review, and your recommendation on Ti Kaye vs. the other' resort :-).

Reviewed October 21, 2017

We are just back from 5 great days at Ti Kaye St Lucia. The resort is on the north east side and a 90 minute thrill ride away from the airport but once there the peaceful surroundings make you forget the time it took to get there. The units are amazing, ours had a hammock, day bed, rocking chairs and plunge pool right on our balcony and next to a huge outdoor shower. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The only reason I give a 4 star rating is the lack of a small store on property to buy supplies. Since it is so remote, getting to a store is not really doable so brings everything you need. On the beach you can snorkel, take a kayak, paddleboard or just lay out in luxury. Food was very good I just wished they changed the menu every few days since going elsewhere for dinner is not an option. The day trip options are numerous, I recommend the Land and Sea tour. Our driver and guide was Christan ( I hope I spelled his name right), he went out of his way to make the day special and knows the island history better than anyone. He took the time to take special photos and add some extras not on the tour. The next day he was our driver to the airport and my wife forgot her hand bag in the van. She did not realize it until 15 minutes later when panic set in. We had no way to contact him so I did the only thing I could think of and called her phone hoping he would hear it ring. I called several times knowing he could not pick up because it was locked but hoping we would realize what happened. Well he did and as we stood out front at the curb hoping to see him drive up, about 20 minutes later he did. He went out of his way to help us out of a jam and we could not be more appreciative. On any vacation people make the difference and all the staff at Ti Kaye are terrific but none more so than Christan.

Room tip: Book a unit with a pool.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TiKayeGM, General Manager at Ti Kaye Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2017

Dear Bob,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review.

Great that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. As we are a boutique resort (in the original sense of the word) with only 33 cottages we don't really have space (or personnel) to have a store. We do have a small gift shop that sells basic pharmacy items as well. Understand you were looking for something with more variety - and that unfortunately is a 25 minute taxi ride away.

Yes, you spelt Christan's name right. Happy that he made such an impression and realized you'd left something in the minibus so turned around and bought it back to you at the airport. All the team here try to go above & beyond so thanks for recognizing that.