It’s hard to find a beginning point or even say anything different than previous reviews, but I just have to express my delight in Ti Kaye. My wife, then fiancée, entrusted me with finding the perfect honeymoon locale. I searched all over the Caribbean, and Ti Kaye just seemed to stick out, calling my name. I was very nervous at first about my choice, even though I was intimately familiar with the resort thanks to Trip Advisor. No matter the reviews, I still had to see and experience Ti Kaye before I would be satisfied. Man, was I satisfied!
Although our stay was short, Sept 27 – Oct 1, we made the most of our honeymoon. My wife and I stayed in cottage F, or Fenyan which means “lazy” in the native Creole patois. It’s an ocean-view cottage, but I saw no need in being any closer to the water because our view was stunning. No need for the plunge pool either, since I can’t think of a time when we’d have used it. I was also pleased with the accommodations. Although quaint, just exactly what we wanted.
And the food at Ti Kaye, it is absolutely wonderful. Breakfast each morning offers something for everyone. But if you care to partake in something native, you should try the St. Lucian breakfast. Lunch was always good too. The baguettes are yummy but my favorite had to be the chicken curry roti. Now on to dinner. It was no less than 5 stars. Offering a different menu each night, seafood, chicken, beef, even the monthly full moon BBQ buffet, they were all marvelous. And let me say the desserts are wonderful as well. A word of advice though, we saw no need for a meal plan and we had 3 courses almost every night. We exceeded the cost once and it was only by a couple of dollars.
As for activities, there is plenty to do. My wife and I just chose to relax and be lazy, like our cottage implied. Mostly we laid on the beach and enjoyed ourselves. We did take advantage of the wonderful snorkeling around the resort though. We even took a trip to the sanctuary near Soufriere and the Pitons with a couple of divers. My wife had never been and loved every minute. We also did the sunset cruise on Wednesday night. It was decent, but you can’t help Mother Nature covering the sunset with thunderclouds.
The staff at Ti Kaye is excellent. I hate to single anyone out, but Theresa, Sandy, Stella, Cleus, William, and Terroll really made our stay enjoyable and definitely memorable. You’ll have to visit the beach bar and have Cleus or Terroll make you a Green Tree Frog. There’s a little dispute over which of them invented the frozen libation, but both make it equally well. Also, say hello to Emil, aka Rock Bottom, when you're at the beach. He’s one of the locals, very pleasant, and always ready to assist you in whatever you need at the beach, no hassling at all. One afternoon rain shower, we got stuck down at the beach, so we sat under the roof of the beach bar/dive shop until it had passed. Rock came over and brought some fresh coconut and shared it with us while we waited. What a kind gesture!
All in all, I am extremely pleased with my choice in honeymoon destinations, and I know my wife feels the same. Ti Kaye was exactly what we were looking for and more. Just enough to get away, yet enough to keep you dazzled the whole time. We are already trying to figure out when we will return! Take my advice and don’t sweat the small stuff. If you choose Ti Kaye, you will not regret your decision!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Anse Cochon Bay Ti Kaye Resort & Spa is located on the serene West Coast and is simply known as Ti Kaye, (which means small house in the native creole patois language of Saint Lucia). With only 33 rooms, 2 bars & restaurants, the Kai Koko Spa and a 600+ bin 'Wine Kave' there is no better place for romantic relaxation - combined with some of the best snorkeling and diving to be found anywhere on Saint Lucia right off the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Ti Kaye Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ti Kaye Village Hotel Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Resort St Lucia