“Ti KAye Resort - Superb stay at a superb paradise resort”

Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Ti KAye Resort - Superb stay at a superb paradise resort”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Ti Kaye resort for only 2 nights in early November 2013. Even though it was a short stay, everything about the resort was excellent. From the moment we arrived, you immediately started relaxing due to the great atmosphere and wonderful staff.
We had a great cottage/room with all facilities you need (comfortable bed, clean room, fridge with fresh milk, AC, wireless, no telly - great). The cottage had a veranda which was lovely to sit on providing a wonderful view over the bay and also share with the very tame birdlife. We also had a private outside shower, which you sometimes had to share with the brief rain showers and the odd gecko!
We also ate a couple of times at the restaurant and the beach restaurant and I can say the food and service were also great (apart from one dinner where we had to ask for our dessert but who cares, we were not in a hurry).
The resort also has access to a wonderful beach and beautiful bay area, with its own beach bar overlooking the water with good food. The locals on the beach make all sorts of goods but were relaxed about trying to sell you these.
If you want to see the island then I would advise having a car because the resort is tucked away from the main access roads to the rest of the island so makes you dependant on taxis.
I can honestly say Ti Kaye was a wonderful resort to spend our vacation and we would return to it if ever we went back to St Lucia, which is a possibility because the island is warm and welcoming as well with friendly people and a lot to see for an island.
If you are looking for a resort in St Lucia that is beatiful, tranquil, wth great staff and facilities all competitively priced (the island also has some stupidly priced resorts as well) then Ti Kaye should be top of the list. You will love it!!

2 Thank Mark A
TiKayeGM, General Manager at Ti Kaye Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Hi Mark A,

Thanks for your 'superb' review, all the staff will be delighted to read it and know they're doing a great job.

You've described Ti Kaye very well so I have nothing more to add. We only hope that if you return to our 'competitively priced resort with great staff and facilities', it'll be for longer than 2 days.

General Managers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Graham, Washington
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Ti Kaye is a lovely Property was just there Nov 12-16th, 2013. We stayed in Cottage Mele with a plunge Pool and loved it. It was rustic, elegant and private which was great. However, with many steps just to get out of the room and a small hike up to reception, we were a bit put off that our phone was out of service for the duration of our stay. A bit inconvenient having to Skype to call the front desk on my dime, but when in Paradise, little can deter you. The surroundings were lovely and the room very nice. Loved our plunge pool and outdoor shower, was not bothered by the occasional lizard in the room, and liked the view very much. We enjoyed watching the barges and ships come and go in the morning. A few shout outs to the wonderful staff - Verna at the restaurant for helping out when we needed her and Cecil the night security guard for taking good care of my hubby when his Tablet charging cord broke and he helped us replace it. :) Thank you again Cecil!! You Rock! Yvonne at the Spa was gracious and worked me over during our 90 minute couples massage. What a view - and loved the Lemongrass scent! Cleus did a wonderful job on the wine tasting and we enjoyed our inclusive Lanmou package, although we might forgo it on the next visit as you never know what you're going use in real time, we may have benefited going the ala cart route this trip. I think I read someone else caution to check your bill at departure time, we had lots of corrections and reminders of what was/and was not included in our package booked. Still, food and waitstaff was amazing, view unforgettable and overall experience one we will not soon forget. I would go back in a second! A true paradise and yes, some walking and level of fitness is required to tackle those infamous beach stairs but it was all well worth it.

Room Tip: Plunge Pool is a must!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello divasmurfette (cool name)!

Thank you for your kind review and highlighting staff that went out of their way (Cecil actually just won Employee of the Month for November)! Glad you enjoyed Cottage Mele - we 'just' finished upgrading all the Le Cottage with Plunge pool rooms and I have to say they look amazing. More 'elegant' and less 'rustic' - but they still have that natural feel as all the furniture is wood and has been locally made by a lady (yes, a lady) in the North of the island. I appolgise for the issues with the phone in your room - and the bill at checkout. We have reviewed our processes so these kind of errors should be minimized in the future.

It looks as though everybody (including the Spa ladies, Verna, and Cleus) did a fantastic job as you wrote "... on the next visit" - so it seems as though your already set on returning, and all of us we'll be happy to see you.

London
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I booked this holiday 6 months ago and my wife and I had been looking fwd to it so much, reading each TA review as it came in. We arrived on 18th Nov and stayed 5 nights. It was one of best experiences we can remember.

We were collected at the airport by Andrew who made the 70 min transfer seem much shorter with his tales of the island's history. The roads are windy and hilly but it wasn't a problem for us. We decided not to hire a car and I have to say the decision was vindicated. You'd spend too much time watching the road and none watching the stunning scenery. The road down to Ti Kaye was not as bad as the reviews here suggested. We had done a safari in Tanzania last year and the roads there were extremely bumpy. So this was a piece of cake. And Andrew took it nice and slow. On reflection if it does indeed keep people out then its fine.

I had asked for a room which was private and with not too many steps as my wife was recovering from a hip operation (3 weeks ago). We were delighted with our cottage (called Nich meaning nest). We had uninterrupted views of the sea and sunset which we enjoyed every day from the outdoor shower (one of our favourite things and reminded us of safari), the double hammock (lovely) and the plunge pool (which got loads of sun). Nich was a stunning, totally private cottage and when we return we will request it again. They have got the decor just right - a mixture of rustic St Lucian charm (eg the rocking chairs on the balcony, and the traditional shutters) and mod cons (eg iPod dock). Like other reviewers we enjoyed waking up early (body clock assists if coming from UK), opening the shutters and balcony doors and watching the early morning activity of the numerous birds, the colourful landscape, all the way down to the sea. It was an amazing view which will forever be in our thoughts.

Dinner on our first night was a seafood extravaganza down at the beach restaurant. The food was delicious. I think we had shrimp then Mahi Mahi then tuna. It was all great, and complimented by the potent rum punch! We got a lift down and back up in the hotel's mini bus which was appreciated. This is readily available if anyone needs it. The steps down are fine but fairly steep back up. Certainly not rickety though as some reviews made out. The only other time we ate at the beach was lunch on our last day. The menu was great as was the service. I had a delicious roti. In fact the food all week was great. It was just as i hoped - Caribbean food done elegantly. Highlights were the St Lucian fish breakfast, the homemade muffins, and just the variety of eclectic dishes on offer at dinner.

A note on the staff. They really are friendly, and it's completely genuine. I think I would be a friendly person if I lived in such a beautiful place too! We met a lot of them at the manager's cocktail night on the Wednesday. Chris the manager was very approachable and was genuinely interested in our feedback. But everyone we met was great. It speaks volumes about a hotel when staff are like this. And I think it also reflected in the type of guests that stay here. We met some lovely people, many honeymooners, all who appreciated Ti Kaye and its way of life.

We had prebooked some activities before arriving. Massages first. These were exceptional from therapists Yvonne and Lu-anne. The couples room we had overlooked the bay with open floor to ceiling windows. We have never seen such a well designed spa. We booked more treatments immediately. The next day we did the land and sea tour which took us by boat to Soufriere in the morning where we visited the sulphur volcano, the botanical gardens, and had the chance to buy gifts in the town before a tasty lunch at a nearby plantation. It was a good excursion and the guide Christian was very good. On our third day we did the much talked about wine tasting. It really is great. And it really is cold in the cellar so wear long sleeves and trousers. Cleus will soon warm you up though with his enviable wine knowledge and 10 tasting glasses of some fantastic wines. We drank all of them and were a bit tipsy at dinner. It's a must though. On the Friday we did the fish fry in Anse la Raye. Most of the guests at the resort signed up for this one. We were driven down in convoy to the town which was no more than 15 mins away. On arrival we were given an extensive introduction from one of the hotel staff telling us what was on offer and the prices we should pay and which stalls were best. It was like a mini Notting Hill carnival with a big speaker in the street and lots of colourful activity. The food was delicious. We also tried snorkelling which was excellent (loads of colourful fish, warm water and not too far from shore). The dive shop is run by a helpful English chap called Rob. He said he used to live in Plymouth but has since moved to St Lucia. I can see why.

Sadly the following day we had to depart as we were going to Sugar Beach. Whilst perhaps unfair to compare such different resorts, I can honestly say we preferred the authentic experience and raw beauty of Ti Kaye and will definitely return. Thank you to everyone who helped make this such a wonderful holiday for us. Peter and Jen.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PistolPete2009
Hello PistolPete2009 (loving that name)!

Thanks for your time in writing your very complimentary review of us. As with some other reviewers, you've done a great job of describing Ti Kaye and what we're all about - as well as highliting some of our expectional staff. It makes Sarah and I very proud knowing that every staff member (not just the ones you mentioned) chips in and does everything they can (very naturally and genuine as you say) to make guests stays as enjoyable as possible.

Happy you got to experience alot of Saint Lucia and hopefully I was correct in our last conversation saying that you'd really like the next place you stayed? Great that you preferred us though ;-) but as you say, two very different properties.

Oh, and in answer to your subject title question - Whenever you and Jen are ready, you know where we are - and it'll be great to have you guys back...

Grosse Pointe, Michigan, USA
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I visited Ti Kaye from 11/15 - 11/18/13 and read all the Trip Advisor reviews on this resort prior to going and I have to say the place is amazing! The view is beautiful, the villas are beautiful and loved the outdoor shower, although a little chilly showering outside in the evening!!! I was traveling solo so I really enjoyed the property. The beach is gorgeous but beware it's a lot of steps back to the top! I had an extensive spa morning and thought it was a great value for the 3-1/2 hours I spent there! However, the true highlight of my time on property was the Wine Tasting I attended on Sunday evening. The Sommelier they have on staff is OUTSTANDING, he painted us a picture of every region and I could almost feel myself there! Many wines to sample and learn about and the conversation was great too.

My only beware would be to make sure you check your credit card receipt after you return home - upon arrival they put a $500 authorization hold on your credit card, when I checked out they told me that the authorization hold never went through so they didn't have to credit it and then charged my card for the money I spent on property. Turns out that they didn't just do an Authorization Hold of $500 - they actually charged my card and then charged me again. Once I contacted the resort via email they replied and apologized, stating they would do a credit for the hold. I am sure it was an oversight - but it's always good to check!!!

Great place - stay there if you're visiting St. Lucia!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank GJB5936
Land O Lakes, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The place should be called "Serenity". It's remote, quiet, and beautiful. It was a week to be remembered fondly (with the help of about 400 photos). Our cottage was among the highest on the side of the hill which afforded a vista second to none. Somewhat daunting, however, were the 51 steps necessary to get there, especially since neither of us is a spring chicken. We grew accustomed to it and would not have traded the location. I must mention, as have so many others, that the staff is superb, single-minded in their desire to please. Also, I must mention Christian, the Transportation Manager, with whom we were so fortunate to have as our driver on all occasions, including the land and sea tour (which you must take -- great). To sum it up, Christian is a gem (give him a raise, for heaven's sake). Our St. Lucia experience could not have been better. Go there!

Room Tip: I don't know about the others, but if you get KK or similar, high up on the hill, you will not b...
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Visited Ti Kaye on Nov 3rd, 2013 for the day: The drive to any respectable resort on the majority of Caribbean Islands is similar to dirt road tracking events... DO NOT let that deter you from staying here, or if not that at least visiting the beach, the restaurants or the spa for one day. For my friend and I, the reason was the spa. Looking for a reasonable massage along with a nice beach to enjoy afterwards, we decided on Ti Kaye. It turned out to be one of the best decisions and experiences during our St Lucia trip. What a great group of people managing the property and serving their guests. Upon our arrival, by chance, we ran into the Hotel GM Chris (interesting facts abt the region and resort), who kindly took us to the Spa. As you enter the little bungalow style set-up, you don't expect the awe inspiring initial view as you walk in after you are greeted. The rooms are spacious with open windows looking out to the Anse Cochon beach and the hills, which you get to watch thru your treatment from the little mirrors under your headrest! Any picture or description would do injustice; you have to see this yourself and feel the comforting breeze! One amazing foot treatment and a 1.5hr long massage later, we were ready to let go of all our stresses and plans, and just to enjoy the day! Lu-Anne and Yvonne, the two very kind ladies who worked on us, are God-sent- both with their hands and intuition when to speak to comfort you and when to let you enjoy your treatment. We then enjoyed a nice lunch down at the beach restaurant. Nice seafood salad and fish burgers (pass the icecream) and spent the day at the beach. We were staying at Marigot but the day at Ti Kaye was definitely one to remember! A great experience at the spa, hotel and the beach. Do not miss!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Queensland, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2013

As some of the previous reviews have stated, the resort is for relaxing! There are only 33 rooms in the resort . They are little bugalows set on the lower edge of the mountain.....overlooking the water. I read reviews and had some concerns making our reservations. Staff was wonderful,warm, caring and very helpful. In some resorts, some of the staff hover around you asking if you want anything every minute . I don't care for this. The staff here is laid back, but we never went without anything.

Mosquitoes were not a problem. We saw 4 the whole time we were there. Birds were plentyful. But where some people found this a problem , I found this very enjoyable! after about 10 mins I had them eating out of my hand from our porch.

Beach vendors. We had about 5. I even know their names Ivan, Alvin, Rainbow , Liquid Sunshine and another fellow that I just can't remember his name. These guys were nothing but nice and polite. Since my wife and I went to the beach right after breakfast , we saw these guys from about 8:30 am to 11:30 am . After their initial statement of what they sold that was it, other than good mornig. We were at the resort for 6 days. I dont know if someone spoke to them and there may have been more vendors , but when we were there that was it. And folks they are just trying to make a living!

Management being to talkative! We were at the resort for 3 days before we met any! Sarah and Chris are the managers.. Sarah is very pleasant , but we talked only 2 times and they were short. One of those times was at the bar during a get together for some of the dept managers to meet the guests. Chris was plesant but over all quiet . I had no problem with either manager.

Food was great ! We ate lunch at the beach resturant. we had several things , but loved the Jumbo Fried Shrimp! it brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. Miss
Pam , one of the cooks is a wonderful lady and a joy to talk to.We always had enough to eat . As for the price , I think it was $17each, but we were on the all inclusive package so we didnt look at that. But on a note , when we got back into Jax, Fla. at 12am trying to fine somewhere to eat we paid $17+ for 2 double cheese burgers , ice tea and fries,and that was from McDonalds. Dinner was always great and sevice was fine. The wine tasting was fantastic, period!!!Cleus is a wealth of information on wine . my wife and I love wine so we loved it! He is a little bossy about the cheese pairing >>>LOL
SPA..wife went to the spa and just loved it. The only excursion we did was the helicopter from the airport to Castries, then had Trevor, the taxi driver take us to TI-KAYE. The helicopter ride was about 15 minutes long , but we enjoyed it a lot. The pilot was very informative. The only negative with the resort, which i discussed with Chris one of the managers, was the all inclusive package. There are several packages available. There is an all inclusive that doesn't include the service fee and vat tax and the one we had included all of these. Also the staff has no idea what package you are on, unless you tell them. This causes a problem if you dont tell them because they bring you a bill with a total on it and they have to take back and rering to get you back to ZERO. Any mistakes on our bill was quickly resolved by the office crew...they were very friendly and very courteous.
That is the only reason why they didnt get a perfect score from me.. I still can remember most of all the staffs names as they did ours and i would not hesitate to go back tomorrow! Another Rum Punch Please!
one more thing ! The 166 steps down to the beach, would be a problem if you are handicapped or you are very old with knee problems or breathing problems . I am in my 60s and as long as you take it slow you will be ok.......

Room Tip: We stayed in the SOULOJMON bungalo, very close to the pool and resturant, but doesn't feel or so...
1 Thank THEBigGator
#5 of 11 in Soufriere
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,140 reviews
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!