Trying to cram in a well deserved rest into five days at a secluded resort that has great food, peace and quiet, is in an ideal setting and has a high level of comfort and perfect service isnt an easy task. And looking for all this at a reasonable price might seem impossible..... Ti Kaye offers all this and more! After reading many reviews and spending time researching several Caribbean islands with convenient connections to London that would minimize transit times - we settled on Ti Kaye in St Lucia. Being seasoned travelers - our expectations weren't high having had several luke warm breaks on neighboring islands and having been spoiled by the high levels of service in Asia. Ti Kaye exceeded all our expectations. Its simply a magical resort that is hassle free, quiet, unpretentious and very private - with no hidden surprises or disappointments. In a nutshell Ti Kaye is a rustic retreat style resort perched on a cliff that combines a beautiful remote setting with barefoot luxury. Each cottage is perfectly maintained, extremely clean, comfortable and very private. We loved the outdoor showers! There is internet and air-conditioning - but honestly you dont need them once you start to unwind and relax. There are beautiful sea views from everywhere you look. We were most surprised by the food. It is excellent. The service is fast and amazingly friendly. Breakfast and dinner are served on the deck overlooking the sea. The menu is varied, healthy and perfectly presented. Little touches like hot bread rolls show that they really try to focus on details that make a difference. The atmosphere is quiet and fuss free. The restaurant is spotless. We had our lunch everyday down at the beach cabana - also amazing. The location is just stunning. Fresh fish, a cold beer, the sun shining, being right on the waters edge - thats real luxury. The staff at Ti Kaye are incredible. They are genuinely friendly, always smiling, helpful and want to make sure that your stay is perfect. Transport to and from the airport is a bit long - but you would expect this when looking for seclusion and remoteness. The road down to the resort is bumpy but who cares! It keeps day trippers away. We read about complaints regarding the stairs down to the beach.......what harm is a bit of exercise? Its a piece of cake. Ti Kaye offers excursions for those with energy to spare - but we preferred just being lazy and having a complete rest. The only criticism we could make was the beach itself - and this is no fault of Ti Kaye. St Lucia is a volcanic island and the beaches have dark sand. So if you are looking for optic white sand and turquoise water you will be disappointed. This is not a Robinson Crusoe fantasy beach unfortunately - but it is very clean and apart from the catamarans - very quiet. While we were there the sea was super rough and it made swimming impossible the first few days but the rest of our stay made up for this by far and had the sea been calmer Im sure the beach would have had more appeal. This is an honest, special and very good value resort for those looking for a complete break without any distractions in a quiet and lovely setting. I would highly recommend Ti Kaye - and can truly say that you wont be disappointed. We will be back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Anse Cochon Bay Ti Kaye Resort & Spa is located on the serene West Coast and is simply known as Ti Kaye, (which means small house in the native creole patois language of Saint Lucia). With only 33 rooms, 2 bars & restaurants, the Kai Koko Spa and a 600+ bin 'Wine Kave' there is no better place for romantic relaxation - combined with some of the best snorkeling and diving to be found anywhere on Saint Lucia right off the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Ti Kaye Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ti Kaye Village Hotel Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Resort St Lucia