“Amazing getaway”

Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We came to St. Lucia for my sisters wedding at Ti Kaye. WOW! What an amazing place. Not a bad view anywhere. The room was beautiful, clean and comfortable! The staff were wonderful! They knew our names from the first day and made sure we were comfortable at all times. The wedding was beautiful, staff did a fantastic job with all of the planning and putting it all together. I loved everything about Ti Kaye and missed it the moment I left. If you are looking for a quiet, friendly, romantic, beautiful place to spend some time look no further. It truly is paradise!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
TiKayeGM, General Manager at Ti Kaye Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Hello AmberM,

Thanks - I think you must have posted this before you even left the airport?! Your Sister (and the rest of the families) seemed to enjoy it as well. Lita / Ingrid do a fantastic job of arranging things (Lita organized your Sister’s wedding), planning everything down to the last detail including flowers, hair, legal things, photographer – even getting the brides dress steamed. The staff all work harmoniously to make sure all goes without a hitch – and the housekeepers make sure the room looks beautiful after the ceremony.

You guys were a fun family group and seemed to enjoy everything St. Lucia had to offer. I believe your Sister and her new husband are thinking about returning for their first anniversary (we have a couple who have returned each year for 5 years since they got married). Although I think your Sister might be coming for some ‘alone time’ next time around!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We didn't stay here but we did come by boat for the day and it was wonderful. Our arrival in was quite the spectacle as the sea was super rough that day and our water taxi couldn't bring us ashore. Luckily an entrepreneurial kayaker made his way to us and transferred us to the beach. Unlike the exorbitant Jalousie beach, we rented the most sublime beach loungers for a $10 each, set beneath your own canopy for shade if you want it. Delicious cocktails were bought to us, and we had lunch at the bar-restaurant which is by the waters edge. We didn't bother snorkelling because the visibility wasn't good that day, but we swam lots and despite the roughness, the water there is nice and safe and fairly sheltered. We'll be back! Next time I'll check in for a massage - supposedly the best on the island.

Hi Sylvie 2010,

We very rarely get reviews from people who just pass by, so thank you very much for making time to post this – it is greatly appreciated. Glad you got to enjoy our very luxurious thick padded wooden loungers – and our Beach Dude (official job title) delivered ‘delicious cocktails’. Please do stop by again.

It’s a bold statement to suggest we have ‘the best massage on island’, I’d much rather go with ‘one of the’ best massages on island :-) Hopefully you can take full advantage of our Day, Spa or dive passes next time.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

LOVE LOVE LOVE. Some friends and I spent a week in January at TiKaye. If you are looking for low key, relaxing, get-away experience, this is the place for you. The quiet and calm was a balm for my soul! If you are looking for high energy, nightclubs and shopping, this isn’t the place for you. We found this place via Trip Advisor, so we were totally dependent on the reviews when making our decision to book. I was concerned TiKaye would be too ‘rustic’, ala some hunting lodges in Northern Michigan where ‘rustic’ means old/worn down/terrified the building will fall on you during the night. Not the case! TiKaye’s cabins are well maintained, well designed, clean and in excellent condition. The outdoor shower was wonderful! I was also pleased with the level of friendliness of the staff. They were friendly but not obnoxiously friendly (unlike at some bed-and-breakfasts where I’ve fled to avoid the owner’s constant need to chat). The level of personalization is impressive. You don’t need to carry any ID or credit cards – the staff gets to know your name/cabin, and everything goes on the room bill. There’s a sense of not being in the real world that’s just amazing. The wifi is great, even on the beach. I got cell phone reception both on the beach and at the main dining area. We snorkeled right off the beach most days. The beach was beautiful and usually very few people. The boats from the cruises/Sandals provided fantastic people watching (which is a fun change of pace, because you rarely see the other guests at TiKaye due to the small number of cabins and beautiful landscaping). Plus the boats only stay 30/45min, so not a concern at all. The beach vendors always respected a ‘not interested’ comment and were never a bother. I didn’t have any problems with bugs, even lying on the hammock at night and reading by a booklight. The pictures are very representative of the views. The duplex cabins seemed to have more foliage and less ocean in comparison to the stand alone cabins, but even the duplex cabins still have a substantial ocean view! Having never been to St. Lucia before, I felt very safe. I loved the drive to/from TiKaye, as it was beautiful. Due to plane troubles on the way home, we unexpectedly stayed at another hotel for 1 night that claimed to be on the ‘most beautiful bay’ in St. Lucia – in every aspect, TiKaye was heads and tails better. I’m already trying to figure out when I can return!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank DianaInTheD

Hello DianaInTheD,

What wonderful three words to start a review with, thanks. It’s always great to know that after people have spent many hours researching their vacation, that Ti Kaye can provide ‘exactly what they wanted’, and I think your review describes perfectly what future guests can expect. I’m actually trying to find a different word to use for us as I agree, ‘rustic’ can give an image of a very basic place – which is definitely not Ti Kaye, I’m just having trouble finding the correct word / phrase!

The ‘duplex cabins’ are our Ocean View Rooms (which is a crazy name … as ALL rooms have views over the Caribbean Sea) are set higher up the property so are in the trees a bit more, but as you say, still have a ‘substantial ocean view’.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Sorry you had plane troubles on departure … but selfishly happy that you got to stay somewhere else that claimed to be ‘the best’, but you thought in no way compared to Ti Kaye :-0

We look forward to your return to St. Lucia. A naturally beautiful, friendly (and overall very safe) country – and hopefully to Ti Kaye.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was exactly what we were looking for. Often when you see commerical photos the places don't end up being as nice as what you had hoped. This place is even more gorgeous than the photos and what you could imagine. The staff are attentive and friendly. The food is amazing. The cottages.......are breathtaking. We stayed in an oceanfront one that had the private plunge pool. St Lucia in general is just a very welcoming tourist friendly country.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Santos1117
TiKayeGM, General Manager at Ti Kaye Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Hello Santos1117,

One definition of ‘paradise’ is “positive, harmonious and timeless” . I’m happy you found that here as the owner, myself and Sarah and all the staff do try to not only meet, but exceed guests expectations – which can be difficult at times. Although as I’ve said before, St. Lucian’s natural friendliness (especially our staff) always helps.

I believe several things may have actually improved since your visit in April last year. Maybe it’s time to find out????

Chris & Sarah,

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We spent one week in February at this resort and had a wonderful time. Our cottage was super, we especially loved the outside shower in its own private garden and the large terrace with a double hammock from which to take in the marvellous vistas! The surroundings are beautiful and very well maintained and the birds are all very cheeky, they come right into your room! The spa is great and the treatments perfect to help enhance the relaxation at this resort. The restaurant is very attractive and all the staff are very helpful and friendly. The food is good and the wine waiter is something else, quite amazing for a small resort! The many, many steps down to the beach were fun for us but would perhaps be a challenge for the very elderly or infirm. You can swim in the sea or in the pool, the latter with superb views.I can thoroughly recommend Ti Kaye for those wanting a quieter get away from it all holiday!

Hi Lindsey K,

You are correct – the sparrows and finches are very cheeky! Thanks for mentioning our Kai Koko Spa, seems like Diana, Dewi and Teresa are all doing a fantastic job. I will pass on your compliments to the Chef and I’m sure all the restaurant staff will be thrilled to read that they are all very helpful and friendly.

Take care,

Reviewed March 4, 2013

There are only good things to say about Ti Kaye.

But first a word about St. Lucia and transportation......We decided to rent a car, if you are a brave and confident driver, you should do the same. The roads are windy, small and for us Americans, they drive on the "wrong" side of the street and the steering wheel is on the "wrong" side as well, ah don't you love the American tunnel vision, sorry couldn't resist : ) If you can get used to this then rent the car. It was only $70 more than the transfers and we didn't have to rely on anyone else for transportation. We enjoyed having the car as we hate to plan on vacation. It allowed us the independence to go where we wanted when we wanted.

The Ti Kaye Resort
I didn't post many of our own pictures because the gallery on the website was so true to life. Ti Kaye is exactly as you see it in the photos, a true paradise. I loved the open air restaurant where we ate most of our meals. The walk to our cottage, the pool area, the bar, everywhere you looked was a spectacular and stunning view. After viewing other websites for the other resorts in St. Lucia and then seeing them live while we were there I can tell you that I felt confident that I had made the best choice. It is truly authentic. Sugar Beach imports white sand on it's beaches, really people??? and Jade Mountain feels like Disneyland and Ladera is simply too high up in the mountains and lacks beach accessibility. These places were so off and Ti Kaye was spot on. Intimate, elegant, beautiful, simply stunning.

Our Cottage
We stayed in Dou Dou, a stand alone cottage with a plunge pool and amazing views. It was perfect, tropical, beautiful and still had all the amenities one would need. We only used the AC twice in our one week stay, otherwise the fan was enough. But more importantly it felt private, secluded and peaceful. We could see the water and the sun setting from our plunge pool, our hammock and our bed. Ah the bed, a four poster with white mosquito netting, so romantic and dreamy.

The Food
We got the meal plan which made sense for us. The breakfast is amazing. Don't miss the banana bread and trust me, top it off with butter and guava jam! The local grapefruit and orange juices are another breakfast favorite. We had lunch at the beach side restaurant which again was an amazing view. SInce we did a bit of travel we would often grab lunch outside the resort. It seemed easy to find a great local place.

If you get a chance to go to the local fish fry in Anse La Raye, Go! Great street food. The manager's cocktail party, on a Wednesday, had one of the best meals we had there. It was a creole dinner with amazing poached seafood salad, grilled beef, great salads and an awesome corn casserole.

Cleus, the head Sommelier, and Dwight are both amazing. They, according to my husband, made spot on recommendations. I do not drink but I was so taken with the fact that they would always make me some fabulous nonalcoholic drink, how thoughtful is that!

The Staff
What you don't see on the website is how genuine and lovely the staff truly is. They made all the difference. They seemed to be the happiest staff I had ever encountered, since many of them have been there for years I think it is safe to say they are probably treated very well and it shows in how they interacted with us. They were just delightful. I became facebook friends with a few of them! They really took it from a great experience in a beautiful resort to a perfect one. They were so accommodating, graceful and pleasant.

The Spa
The spa also has an amazing view. They even put a mirror so that when you are face down getting your massage you can see the view! The woman who gave me my massage was amazing and it was only $80 for 1 hour! That is so reasonable and certainly cheap for resort prices, should have gotten two!

Overall
I would so recommend this place for couples. Excellent in every way!

Room Tip: Ask for a stand alone cottage (some are connected) and ask for a room that has a view from the outdo...
1  Thank Dina R

Hi Dina R,

Thank you for your well laid out and detailed review. St. Lucia is a beautiful island with great people … and ‘interesting’ roads. As I’ve mentioned previously, driving is a great way to get around – but it’s not for everybody. (NOTE: If you’re not used to driving on roads like Dina R has mentioned (and on the “wrong side of the road”) and your flight lands at dusk or later, you always have the option of having us do your airport transfers and you can arrange car hire from our fabulous Front Office ladies once you get here. They can even arrange for it to be delivered to Ti Kaye).

Thanks also for your kind comments on the actual resort (when I get the time I’ll upload some new ‘true to life’ pictures), and of course the food, the staff (especially Dwight who also does wine tastings… Cleus always steals the show!), and our amazing Kai Koko Spa.

We’ll keep a ‘stand-alone cottage’ (Le Cottage with Pool is the room type you actually stayed in) ready for your return…

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our stay at Ti Kaye was the best honeymoon we could have asked for. The cottages are very private, they all have amazing views of the ocean and sunsets in the evenings, and are very quite, peaceful and relaxing. We did not want something commercialized or a big resort with tons of people around, and this was the perfect destination.

The food at the resort was outstanding, both in the formal restaurant and down at the beach bar. The staff were some of the best that I have come across, and I travel for work regularly. They were very helpful when needed, and let you be when not needed. They were very eager to share the history of their island and share great places to visit and dine with you if you asked. You do have to make reservations for dinner each night, but the staff there knew us by name after 2 days and would ask us daily if we had our reservations; we didn't have to think about a thing when we were there! It was very relaxing and care free!

The dive shop was great and very helpful at making sure we were never bored on the beach, with kayaks and snorkel gear. We even got a free intro to scuba lesson in the pool, which was very fun. Our snorkle trip was one of my favorite parts of the trip as well.

They offered plenty of excursions and trips each day for the adventerous types, but you were not bored if you chose to relax at the resort all day either. The beach, the beach bar, the pool, and the spa have plenty of offer.

The resort is a bit of drive from the airport, and it is 15 mintues off the main road, but it is more than worth the trip for the privacy and serenity that it offered. The 169 stairs down to the beach every day did not put a kinker in our plans, b/c the beach was also very quite and relaxing, even though it is open to the public. It was also very worth it.

We highly recomend this resort, you will not be dissapointed.

Room Tip: Ask for any cottage at the very end of the road. It is a longer walk, but becuase of that they are l...

Hi ShellyG (and new husband),

All of us here at Ti Kaye are delighted to know that we gave you “the best honeymoon you could have asked for”, it means a lot to us to know that.

We do ask for reservations for dinner as although we are a small resort and sometimes it does not seem like there might be many people around (66 maximum in fact). Being a small resort means we have a smaller kitchen crew. If even 30% of guests decided to come for dinner at 7pm, it would seriously affect service – and service is something we do try and work very hard on.

A lot of guests visit for the fantastic snorkeling we have right off the beach (some of the best on St. Lucia). Hopefully everybody enjoys it as much as you.

We look forward to meeting you both again … maybe for your anniversary? If you’d like a room at the end of the property though you’d better book waaaaay in advance (and even then there’s no guarantee), because we are such a small, intimate, romantic resort and everybody keeps mentioning those rooms here - they book out fast! Not to worry though as all 33 rooms have stunning sunset views over the Caribbean Sea so I’m sure we can find one to suit everybody.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anse Cochon
#2 of 5 in Cap Estate
Stonefield Estate Resort
Stonefield Estate Resort
#6 of 11 in Soufriere

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!