We did research and were not at all disappointed by our Honeymoon choice.
The ride in from UVF was long (75 minutes), but our driver, Christian (from Tikaye), talked with us the whole way. He also stopped at a grocery store for us after we asked and we bought breakfast and lunch food and snacks. We had also brought 6 bottles of wine with us in our baggage. This meant we only had to pay for dinner, which ended up saving us a lot of money.
Our room was amazing, plunge pool, hammock, rocking chairs, and a beautiful view of the ocean. It was very private, had AC if we needed it, and was always cleaned when we would come back from our day activities. At times we would come back from our night activities and the bed sheets would be turned down and the AC would be on! Preparing our room twice a day was nice. Like others have said, there are small bugs and it can get humid, but it's a tropical island. I was surprised there were so few bugs. They give you a mosquito candle for the mosquitoes.
We went on the snorkel tour where we got to see cool fish and other parts of the island and different resorts. If you're not a big snorkel fan Ti Kaye has some of the best snorkeling and you don't have to do the snorkel tour ($100) to see the fish.
We did the sunset cruise (65 per couple) and it was beautiful. Strong drinks and the dolphins were swimming with the boat! Great snacks and the boat guide (James Bond) was funny and personable.
We did the South Tour through Ti Kaye. It was us and the driver for 6 hours for $180 or so. Drove to some villages, went to an active volcano, and took a mud bath. Access to the volcano and mud bath was $22 to both of us. Also did some shopping in a small town. Stopped at a local restaurant recommended by our guide. Very good local food! I would say that this tour was a little pricey. Another couple said they rented a taxi for $120 and did the same thing. We also didn't get to go to the botanical gardens because we ran out of time, but that was our fault.
We highly recommend the wine tasting with Cleus. Very knowledgeable, generous with portions, and fun. Well worth the money ($60 I think?)
Service was extremely friendly and accomodating. We asked for cream for coffee and the just gave us a whole carton of milk. Some of the nicest people we've met.
We ate almost all dinners at the restaurant. Be ready to pay $100 a meal. I wouldn't go with the fish catch of the day, I just didn't like it. Anything with shrimp and mussels was good though. Wednesday night there was a mangers's happy hour. Definitely go to that. Free appetizers and strong (again) drinks. Friday night we suggest going to the local fish fry. Best fish we had on the island. Ti Kaye takes care of you to make sure you don't get swindled too.
Nice gym that we used twice to exercise in. We also ran up to the entrance and back down (~1.5 miles). Very tough but cool.
In all, if you are looking for a private, relaxing, and quiet honeymoon, there is going to be nothing better than this place. Lots of small touches, reasonably priced (especially off-season and with 7 night stay deal) and absolutely gorgeous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Anse Cochon Bay Ti Kaye Resort & Spa is located on the serene West Coast and is simply known as Ti Kaye, (which means small house in the native creole patois language of Saint Lucia). With only 33 rooms, 2 bars & restaurants, the Kai Koko Spa and a 600+ bin 'Wine Kave' there is no better place for romantic relaxation - combined with some of the best snorkeling and diving to be found anywhere on Saint Lucia right off the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Ti Kaye Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ti Kaye Village Hotel Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Resort St Lucia