The Coconut Lodge is an oasis:
- it's an oasis where yo it'll find BEAUTY. Nested away from the Panama City traffic and street pollution, the Lodge gave us with a stunning and quiet place to start and end our days. The impeccably kept grounds, pool and landscaping provide a memorable backdrops to morning breakfasts and afternoon wine tasting. Simply beautiful!
Also, if you stay - like we did - in Casco Viejo - for few days you'll get to appreciate how safe you feel where the Lodge is located.
- it's an oasis where you'll find disarming KINDNESS. There are things money does buy and those are valuable and well-deserved and then there are others that only genuine kindness can provide - you'll find them all with the way Mike, Nancy, Melissa and Jean embrace you as a guest.
Nancy was two steps ahead of us in organizing our days and that, as you'll discover getting to be Panama, is everything but easy. She made our stay effortless! Mike, passionate about cooking and trained as a Chef in Italy, will delight your taste buds! Eating at the Westin in Playa Bonita restaurant was a mediocre experience compared to the excellence Mike offers. Melissa, their daughter, opens us your eyes to what Panama is all about. ONE ADVISE: listen to her! If it wasn't for her we would have never swam in this paradisiac waterfall by the Empera reserve! And finally Jean whose care, patience and attention will make you enjoy your day more than you ever expected.
BTW, they speak fluent English, French and Spanish!
- it's an oasis where life is shaped around YOU. Most of the tours they organize are private. The prices they offer are competitive with others - not inexpensive either - but the advantage we realized the Coconut Lodge provided us is that we did not have to wait for others to pick us up or wait to drop off others: everything revolved around us. Traffic is horrific enough in Panama, I can not even imagine if we had to join crowded tour companies! One company we reached out to (for a tour we ended up not taking) told us that we would be picked up 'sometimes between 5 and 6 am'. Seriously? No thanks. Instead EVERY time we took a tour thru the Coconut Lodge somebody from the Lodge was ready 15 minutes before us! Before!!! AND we extended, changed and personalized the tour as we wishes making the most out of them!
ALSO, personalization applies to everything with them including breakfast and dinner. As much as I like hotels like the W, our food preferences never really work in our favor there. Mike and Nancy instead made every single meal an event tailored to what each of us liked. No garlic, lots of Nutella!!!
Finally book Casa Bambu' if you can: it's right by the pool with plenty of space and privacy.
The only minor cons is that wi:fi is a little jumpy. Tip iPhone users: stay on the third step from the bottom on the stairs from the pool to the breakfast balcony if you have trouble connecting to the wi:fi network.
BOTTOM LINE: the Coconut Lodge is an oasis where beauty meets kindness and everything is shaped just so that your time in Panama is just the way you dreamed it to be!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We like to think of Coconut Lodge as a mini-resort without the crowds. With only four rooms, Coconut Lodge is an intimate and private Lodge designed to please and satisfy your every vacation need and want. Forget about work, stress, and an accelerated lifestyle. Enjoy the warm tropical breeze, laze in our pool while sipping a Pina Colada, challenge yourself to a game of tennis and enjoy life the way it is truly meant to be lived. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Coconut Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Lodge Panama/Panama City