Coconut Lodge
Casa Anita(Las Cumbres)
$75
Central Park Hotel(Panama City)
$64
$41
$81
$61
Priceline
Radisson Summit Hotel And Golf(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$83
$76
Courtyard by Marriott Panama at Metromall Mall(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$101
Hotel Doral(Panama City)
  • Restaurant
Novotel Panama City(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$61
$58
The Westin Panama(Panama City)
$152
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Panama Canal(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$95
$81
$49
All reviewspanama cityperfect staynice pooltour guideyogurtconradbirdsairportcanalrainforesthungary
Reviewed June 27, 2013

After several months of travelling, we were delighted to spent four nights in this beautiful B&B. The owners Nancy and Mike were welcoming, helpful and always aimed to please. Our room (I believe it was the Coral Room) was beautifully decorated and spacious, with reasonably priced mini-bar and cable TV. The grounds were well looked after, with a distinct tropical feel and we enjoyed the company of the family's three dogs. A real stand-out for us was the quality/ value of the meals. Dinner cost $18, and consisted of numerous courses, all home-cooked and absolutely delicious. Unbelievable value. The little "extras" were a real bonus, we had access to tea/ coffee, popcorn, toast/ cereal etc all day. Breakfast was included, and was very generous with bacon that was smoked in-house. Need I say more? While there were few other places to eat nearby, we chose this B&B because we had been eating at restaurants for months and really enjoyed the homely atmosphere. We also took advantage of the full day city tour and rainforest walk, which were both very enjoyable.
We would happily recommend Coconut Lodge to anyone looking for a peaceful location, excellent service/ value and beautiful surroundings.

2  Thank ThePrinss
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Arriving hot and tired after a very long day travelling it was a joy to be met immediately, conveyed to a lovely room and well fed.

Nancy and Mike did all they could to give us a lovely start to our holiday, the food was good and the service better, Nancy went out of her way to get me the tea bags I liked and gave me some for the rest of the holiday in case I could not find any.

I asked for a lot of organisation and Nancy sorted it all out and made it all happen easilly, much appreciated.

The rooms are very nice and spacious and it was nice to just have a short swim very late at night before a shower and the comfy bed.

Melissa took us on a very interesting tour of the old city and the Panama locks, and found the only Tea house in panama for our lunch! and her lad Jan drove us to Colon to statrt the next stage of our holidays, both Melissa and Jan were lovely to be with and I hope Jan has recovered from the very very HOT HOT sauce.

Thanks you so much we had a really good holiday and this was a great start.

Kathy and Martin xx

Room Tip: We had the Casita Bamba but all the romms looked great.
3  Thank lambkin21
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Homemade bacon. Those two words should tell you everything you need to know about how the Coconut Lodge treats their guests and their attention to details. Because nothing says "We care" like homemade bacon. We spent four nights there in June and had a wonderful time. Nancy, Mike and Melissa couldn't have been nicer. It was more like staying with family than at a hotel.

We stayed in the Cafe con Leche room. The room was tastefully decorated and the bed very comfortable. There was a well stocked mini-bar in the room with reasonably priced drinks. The air conditioning worked great too.

The grounds around the hotel were beautifully landscaped. I spent every morning birdwatching around the property and the neighborhood. The neighborhood itself is very clean, safe and quiet. We also spent time in the nice, new pool. One afternoon, Mike even gave us fresh coconuts with ice and rum.

If you choose to eat dinner there, it's $18/person. This includes a multi-course meal and a wine pour. Even though we had a rental car, there aren't many options close by for dinner, so eating there was a great value and convenience. The meals were all expertly prepared by Mike with fresh ingredients and clever menus. Courses included eggplant caviar, fruit dessert (with rum), whole fried fish, ceviche, shrimp, and more. We're hoping he will share his eggplant caviar recipe. :-)

Nancy arranged a canal tour for us and that worked out great. She even arranged for me to meet a guide, who was able to help me see a lot of different birds, at the Rainforest Discovery Center. She also gave us a local cell phone to use in case we ever needed help.

So finally we get to Mike's breakfast and the homemade bacon. Breakfast every morning was just awesome. It included fresh fruits, juice, coffee, toast, plus whatever the main dish would be. On the two days we ate breakfast there, it was scrambled eggs and french toast. Mike cures and smokes his own bacon on the property and it's phenomenal. On the mornings when we had to leave early for tours, they would leave out a continental breakfast for us.

Needless to say, we really enjoyed our stay at the Coconut Lodge and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

3  Thank jurban30101
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a small and very personal B&B close to Panama City. With only four rooms, our party of four (two couples) took up half of the lodge but they always made us feel like we were their only guests. This is a family operation, (Mike, Nancy, and Melisa), and everyone was involved in the operation of the lodge from the cooking to any activities we were interested in. Mike did most of the cooking and Nancy always issued us a cell phone when we were out on our own for our safety and convenience. Melisa met us at the airport on arrival and either dropped us off or accompanied us on several excursions including one to an Indian tribe on the river. It was nice to not need to deal with taxi cabs during our stay at the lodge. Melisa even trusted us with the secret name that the indigenous Indian tribe gave her of "small white girl from far away". When we left the lodge, we were headed for the San Blas Islands and could only carry a small amount of our luggage due to the size of the airplane. Nancy was kind enough to store the balance of our luggage. Melisa then brought it to the airport on our return and shuttle us to our next destination. What service!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Terry C
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Of all the places we stayed in Panama, which were all nice, this was absolutely the most amazing of them all! I honestly did not feel like I was staying at a B&B or in a hotel, or such, but rather like I was an actual guest in their home! Mike and Nancy were so friendly and accommodating and I cannot even begin to imagine how it could have been any better!!

The meals were some of the most amazing I have eaten and the service was wonderful. The pool is saltwater which is SOOO much better than chlorine! Loved it! We rented a car so this location was also very central do doing birding and visiting Pipeline road as well as visiting the city.

We only spent 4 nights but I wish we could have spent a month! If I could give Coconut lodge a higher rating, I would! We will definitely go back when in Panama again, and I will definitely suggest this to friends who are visiting!

Room Tip: With as few rooms and as secluded as it is, I cannot imagine any room being bad. We stayed in the room with the patio overlooking the pool and loved it, but I am sure we would have loved any of them!
2  Thank tmurban