“Superb First Impression of Panama!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Coconut Lodge

and 1 more site!
Coconut Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Las Cumbres B&B and Inns
Antigua, Guatemala
“Superb First Impression of Panama!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Warm welcome, good tour suggestions and excellent meals made our seven-night stay a memorable one. Mike, Melissa and Dalila ensured a wonderful visit to this country. We heartily recommend this property for a peaceful getaway and complete relaxation. Rebeca & Andrew, Guatemala

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Coconut L, Owner at Coconut Lodge, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
What a blessing to read that we made your seven-night stay a memorable one. Thank you for your declaration: “We heartily recommend this property for a peaceful getaway and complete relaxation”. We are blessed with your feedback and opinion. Thank you so very much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Bothell, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

We read great things about Coconut Lodge. We were greatly impressed from the beginning when Melissa picked us up at the airport and all our desires were taken care of until she brought us back 6 days later. The whole family is dedicated to taking care of their guests. They served as guides for all tourist attractions, providing all transportation at reasonable cost.
Nancy, Mike, Melissa and Caroline are a great family. Mike is a wonderful cook. Nancy really takes care of their guests. I would like to have Melissa and Caroline for my own daughters!
The location, while being within Panama City, is secluded, jungle-like, and quiet. We enjoyed visiting with the other interesting guests from different parts of the world.
We were kept very busy seeing Panama, yet thoroughly relaxed, because we were so well taken care of.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong. We had the large room which is very comfortable for four.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Coconut L, Owner at Coconut Lodge, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We are speechless. Thank you for such a beautiful message. As you mentioned, the whole family is dedicated to taking care of our guests. We were blessed with your words of encouragement: “They have my highest recommendation. I encourage them to continue to maintain their top-rated status. I know they will!” Thank you for believing in us!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

So I took a chance and booked a B&B for the first time and I couldn't have made a better choice. I visited Coconut Lodge with my 10 yr old child for what should have been a 4 night stay. The service and ambiance was so great thy I actually extended my stay to 7 days. Traveling alone with a child can be challenging. At Coconut you are never alone. Aside from the family that owns the B&B; you get the chance to meet so many different people at during breakfast or dinner that is made available to all guest. Nancy and Mike, the owners are the perfect host. The food was excellent but they made sure the it was catered to fit my daughter's needs. They also suggested tours and suggested child friendly activities.

• Stayed August 2012
Coconut L, Owner at Coconut Lodge, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We are so pleased that you took a chance on booking a B&B and felt you could not have made a better choice. This is a blessing to all B&B owners. We are truly happy that you found the service and ambiance to be great. As for us, it was a pleasure to cater to your daughter’s needs. Thank you for calling us perfect hosts. We are truly honored by your words. “It was great to go away and feel like I was home. I can't wait to make another trip to Coconut Lodge.” We can’t wait to have you back!
Mountlake Terrace, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Our vacation in Panama at the Coconut Lodge B & B could not have been better in any way. Accommodations were first class: clean, comfortable, beautiful landscaping, delicious food and the other guests were a variety of interesting people. The variety of tours offered covered all of our interests and were very well managed and delivered. It is a great example of a very well managed family enterprise!

We highly recommend it to anyone wanting a relaxing and interesting vacation.

Room Tip: We stayed in the bamboo room, which was clean, comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Peggy S
Coconut L, Owner at Coconut Lodge, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for the incredible positive feedback concerning the cleanliness, comfort, beauty of landscaping, meals and quality of guests. Additionally, we thank you for the compliment to us: “It is a great example of a very well managed family enterprise!”. A special thank you for the following statement as well: “Our vacation in Panama at the Coconut Lodge B & B could not have been better in any way.” On behalf of everyone at Coconut Lodge, we cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your opinion with fellow TripAdvisor travelers.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was my first visit, but not my last!!! The owners Mike and Nancy along with their two daughters were amazing. I felt like I had known them forever and was back for a visit:)The property was amazing. The room was vry nice and clean, and the pool was great to relax and hang out visiting with the new friends we made. Nancy was great at helping us get set up with a great Tour with Captain Carl Jungle tour. The food was wonderful!!!!! Wonderful place to relax , eat and have fun!!!

Room Tip: All wonderful!!! Great to see the monkeys in the morning:)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Coconut L, Owner at Coconut Lodge, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We were thrilled to read that you felt like you had known us forever and were back for a visit. Additionally, we appreciated reading that you found the property to be amazing, rooms to be very nice and clean and that the pool was a great place to relax and visit with new friends. Thank you for your encouraging statement: "The food was wonderful!!!!! Wonderful place to relax, eat and have fun!!!” Hoping you will be back for a visit!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was extremely happy with my stay at the Coconut Lodge Panama. The owners Nancy and Mike and their daughter's Melissa and Caroline are wonderful people and great hosts. The property is lovely and peaceful and the food and service is great. Anyone who visits this property will have an unforgettable experience and will go back. We will. Donna and Glenford, Cayman Islands

• Stayed August 2012
Coconut L, Owner at Coconut Lodge, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
We thank you for the positive feedback with regards to Coconut Lodge. As a guest of our Lodge, it was wonderful to hear that you appreciated the peacefulness of the Lodge. A special thank you for following comment: "the food and service is great".
As hosts, we were extremely pleased that we were able to make your experience unforgettable and  that we will have the opportunity to greet you soon again.  Until then!
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was able to spend another wonderful visit to Coconut Lodge in August. I have to say returning made me feel even more at home with Nancy and Mike, Melissa and Caroline. It truly was coming home to friends. My girlfriends and I relaxed around the pool, had a blast with Captain Carl on the Jungleland tour and even enjoyed our trip to the market with Nancy. The meals were fantastic again and we thoroughly enjoyed the company of our fellow travelers from Spain, Germany and Hungary.

Congratulations to Coconut Lodge on their #1 status! It is well deserved!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Coconut L, Owner at Coconut Lodge, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
We are so pleased that we could make you feel at home and that you found the meals to be fantastic and were able to enjoy the company of your fellow travelers from all over the world.  Thank you for the beautiful comment:  "It truly was coming home to friends." We look forward to greeting you soon again. Thank you again for your incredible energy. We truly enjoyed your company!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Las Cumbres
Ramada Plaza Panama Punta Pacifica
Radisson Summit Hotel And Golf
Radisson Summit Hotel And Golf
#26 of 116 in Panama City

Been to Coconut Lodge? Share your experiences!