When planning a trip the the Tuscany area we were trying to decide were to stay to be able to explore. On a previous trip to Southern France we had stayed a in another B&B and decided it was a good base and saw Il Canto as offering the same opportunity for the Tuscany area vs. staying in a hotel in Siena. The Il Canto is one of the Argo-tourism areas set up by the the Italians, finding Il Canto is relatively with good directions giving by the Il Canto, a Nav system and directional signs as you get close. Upon entry you feel it is "welcome to our home, you pull up along gravel roads and see the site in the distance. As you pull up an old brick building appears and then you enter and Luciano and Laura say "welcome to our home"! There are 10 rooms and apartments, each room has it's own unique character and furnishings, ours was a double bed queen room. The bathroom was recently redone and very comfortable, the rooms was a bit compact but well appointed and very comfortable, with a view or the gardens. The breakfast area was held outside on the patio with the selections maintained inside. The breakfast spread was bountiful with breads, cheeses, some egg dishes, meats and many other selections. It was a beautiful spread each morning, fresh and well appointed. Each morning we would go over with Luciano our planned trips for the day to explore the Tuscany area. He would give us suggestions of routes and towns to visit. For night, he would give us suggestions for dinner locations in Siena, each reasonable in price and excellent in quality. For one night they asked us about having a dinner at the location, we thought initially it would be informal, it turned out to be formal dinner where most of the guests staying at the B&B joined for dinner. The first course was prosciutto and panzonella salad, followed by stuffed ravioli with cheese, spinach and pesto then chicken, with grapes, zucchini and peppers. The finish was a cornucopia of multiple desserts that included cakes and fruits. It was an elegant dinner that was part of the overall ambiance of this wonderful B&B. It was a great decision for a place to use as our base to explore Siena and the Tuscany region. Laura & Luciano invited us into their home along with the other guests and made our trip to the Tuscany regions very special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "IL CANTO DEL SOLE" is an old 18 th century Tuscan farmhouse. We have recently restored it, preserving all its original features. The Farmhouse offers 10 rooms, each furnished with the simple furniture originally found in them, which has been carefully restored.The rooms are all very light and airy and offer a complete range of facilities: satellite TV, fridge, bathroom with shower and hair dryer. Both structures are surrounded by around one hectare of shady gardens, immersed in the heart of the crete senesi countryside. They are just 10 km from Siena (Porta Romana) and 1 km from the "Grancia di Cuna" (a 13 th century fortified farmhouse on the Via Francigena). We offer our guests: a salt water swimming pool (7 x 14), children's play areas, a barbecue area and a panoramic terrace above our wine cellar, with views over the Val d'Arbia. During the winter, breakfast and dinner are served in a large dining room with a central fireplace, while during the summer, they are served in the external courtyard.A pool table and a selection of games are available to guests in the lemon room, adjacent to the lounge. In addition to cooking, we (Luciano and Laura) are at your complete disposal for any information or suggestions for walks, mountain biking, horse riding and car excursions. In addition to the gardens, we also have around three hectares of land where you will find our horses' paddocks, a small vineyard and vegetable crops grown exclusively for use by our family and our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Il Canto del Sole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Canto Del Sole Hotel Monteroni d`Arbia
- Il Canto Del Sole Italy/Province Of Siena - Monteroni D'Arbia