Every rave review you have read is true. Il Canto del Sole provides beautiful, spacious accomodations with marvelous breakfasts (and dinners, if you're lucky enough to be there when Laura cooks), and is an ideal and peaceful location from which to explore most Tuscan hill towns. I will focus on the extraordinary spirit of service of the owners, Laura and Luciano. For us, that included before, during and after our stay in October.
We had reserved 8 days there, to arrive on a Sunday by train from the Cinque Terra. Then we would rent our car and drive to Il Canto del Sole. Later in my planning, I discovered that Hertz was closed on Sunday so I emailed Laura and Luciano to ask whether we should come on Saturday or Monday instead. Luciano immediately emailed that we were not to worry or change our plans, that he woud pick us up from the Siena train station, bring us to the B&B and then take us to get our rental car on Monday. What a relief his reassurance was at that point in our planning of a long trip!
As it turned out, due to a train strike at the last moment, we actually arrived one day earlier, on Saturday evening. Luciano picked us up, dropped us off at a nice restaurant for a much-needed meal, then picked us up and took us to Il Canto del Sole. On Sunday we had no car so Luciano dropped us off in Siena for the day, then picked us up again. On Monday morning he took us back to pick up our car and led us out of Siena.
On our morning of departure, Luciano took us to Hertz to return the rental car, then brought us back out to Il Canto del Sole. We stayed there (in our room which we had already checked out of) until it was time to catch our 5:45 P.M. bus to Assisi. He dropped us off at the Siena train station to catch that bus. We could have dropped off the car later or just have stayed in Siena after the initial car return but Laura had insisted that we come back to Il Canto del Sole to rest before our bus ride.
By the way, Laura arranged that bus for us by making several phone calls. She discovered that the Assisi arrival place (not actually Assisi) required a taxi to meet us so she reserved that also, and everything worked perfectly. All of these services by Laura and Luciano were done with no extra charges to us.
I don't mean to imply it should be taken for granted that Laura and Luciano supply unlimited concierge services but if you do have some complications, they are more that willing to help, and with a smile. I could go on and on but must stop now. Just know they are exceptional people who have created a truly fantastic experience for their guests. You will be so happy if you stay there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "IL CANTO DEL SOLE" is an old 18 th century Tuscan farmhouse. We have recently restored it, preserving all its original features. The Farmhouse offers 10 rooms, each furnished with the simple furniture originally found in them, which has been carefully restored.The rooms are all very light and airy and offer a complete range of facilities: satellite TV, fridge, bathroom with shower and hair dryer. Both structures are surrounded by around one hectare of shady gardens, immersed in the heart of the crete senesi countryside. They are just 10 km from Siena (Porta Romana) and 1 km from the "Grancia di Cuna" (a 13 th century fortified farmhouse on the Via Francigena). We offer our guests: a salt water swimming pool (7 x 14), children's play areas, a barbecue area and a panoramic terrace above our wine cellar, with views over the Val d'Arbia. During the winter, breakfast and dinner are served in a large dining room with a central fireplace, while during the summer, they are served in the external courtyard.A pool table and a selection of games are available to guests in the lemon room, adjacent to the lounge. In addition to cooking, we (Luciano and Laura) are at your complete disposal for any information or suggestions for walks, mountain biking, horse riding and car excursions. In addition to the gardens, we also have around three hectares of land where you will find our horses' paddocks, a small vineyard and vegetable crops grown exclusively for use by our family and our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Il Canto del Sole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Canto Del Sole Hotel Monteroni d`Arbia
- Il Canto Del Sole Italy/Province Of Siena - Monteroni D'Arbia