“Relaxing and rejuvenating!”

Castello di San Fabiano
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Relaxing and rejuvenating!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We, two adults in desperate need of R&R and our two teenage sons, have just returned from eight days in the Tuscan countryside where we stayed in Il Podere Capanneto, a farmhouse on Castello di San Fabiano's extensive estate. Our rooms were spacious and clean and charmingly decorated with beautiful views. Breakfasts were delicious! Andrea and Beatrice had lots of suggestions for interesting day trips in the surrounding area, restaurants and vineyards, which we followed, to return at the end of each day to relax by the large and peaceful swimming pool at the Castello before going out for dinner. A place to lose track of time ...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Turku, Finland
Reviewed July 24, 2013

All in all, just perfect. We felt privileged to stay in this gem of a place.

Superb in all the ways possible. The hosts, the whole family, are just amazingly wonderful people (plus the lovely and friendly dog "Fez") who made our visit to the Castello di San Fabiano and to Tuscany exquisite. We couldn't have asked for more and Castello di San Fabiano surpassed our expectations.

The location is excellent - a 20 minute drive from Siena and from a short distance to all the relevant places in Tuscany like Asciano, Montalcino, Montepulciano, Pienza, etc. We got very good route and restaurant tips from the hosts that made our trip even better.

The property is breathtaking, very well kept, the rooms were very spacious, luxurious, just beautifully decorated and clean. The bathroom very spacious, modern and newly renovated. The garden is beautiful and has a large swimming pool.

The hosts were most caring, sophisticated and well... just lovely :)

Also the breakfast was amazing! Beatrice bakes incredible sweet pies, croissants and home-made bread herself every day. Just to mention a few, they serve local tuscany ham and fresh pecorino and ricotta cheese from farms just within a kilometer from the Castello di San Fabiano. Beatrice also makes mouthwateringly delicious jams (e.g. watermelon and strawberry grape) that made my mornings with the fresh croissants. Everything is organic, fresh and healthy and they use fruit and vegetables from their own estate. The coffee was freshly ground and just excellent.

A big and humble thank you to Beatrice, Andrea, Giovanni and the entire family and staff (not to forget Fez!) - you made our trip to Tuscany. Will definitely come back and recommend this place to everyone! The best place to stay on our trip to Tuscany (and we were in some good places).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Pietrasanta, Toscana, Italy
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Welcomed as if we were close friends of the charming couple who run this beautiful, well restored and clean castle. They supplied us with very useful information about sites and good restaurants close by, and after delicious breakfast of all homemade/grown products, we left happy as real friends.
DA SOGNO!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Myself and my fiancee just returned from a week in Tuscany and Umbria. Staying at the Castello di San Fabiano was the absolute highlight of our stay. The place is beautiful and super convenient for exploring the delightful vistas of the Crete Senesi (the landscapes that typify the incredible beauty of Tuscany). The owners, Andrea and Beatrice, were incredibly gracious and welcoming and were extremely knowledgeable about the area, providing us with maps to explore the surrounding Eden. Andrea has extensive historical knowledge of the area, Italy and the world in general. After a long day of exploring the surrounding countryside, we came back to relax with a glass of wine on the veranda overlooking the property. The rows of Italian Cypresses and the star swirled sky greatly reminded me of a Van Gogh painting. Andrea was able to answer a multitude of questions and put the sights from the day's journey into historical context. This place is a must for history buffs. In fact, the castle is filled with their family's history. Busts, paintings, photographs and all the bric a brac of the last couple centuries. Stepping through the door, you feel like you've been transported back to a far richer place and time. Plus, what's better than staying in a castle? I really cannot recommend this place enough.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JonSumWin
Ljubljana, Bohinj, Slovenia
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We are just back from our trip to Tuscany and I as far as I`m concerned we could very well stay at the castle all day long, every day of our stay! There are no words to describe this breathtaking spot under the sun. I felt so special, blessed if you want, when I first stepped into the castle`s garden, and even more so, when I met the owners, Ms. Beatrice and Mr. Andrea who were absolutelly wonderful and so loving, I could easily think of them as my second parents, and this is no joke. Even their dog Fez is absolutelly adoring!
I was first supposed to go with my mum, but I at last didn`t, and when I came home I said to her: "I have one bad and one good news. The bad is you didn`t come with me and you should feel bad for that, but the good is I loved it so much I would go with you again whenever you say, just say it, and we`re off!"
Therefore I would definitely recommend it to everyone, although I must say I would rather keep it to and for myself... :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
B_Fiorentini, Guest Relations Manager at Castello di San Fabiano, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Tamara, thank you for your kind review. It has been a pleasure for us to know that you really enjoied your stay to the Castello di San Fabiano and we look forward to share our ospitality with you and your mother soon.
Munich
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have been visiting Tuscany since long but this place is my absolute favourite now. Just stumbled across it by chance and loved every minute of my stay there. Great hosts who take pride to show you the sorroundings of this historically, culturally and culinary rich part, just south of Siena.
Very individual place , full of surprises.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
B_Fiorentini, Manager at Castello di San Fabiano, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Mr Amarbedi,

the satisfaction of our guests is our first source of pride and an incentive to do even better.
We are glad we made ​​your stay with us a pleasant memory.
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed four nights in this gorgeous castle called Castello di San Fabiano and had a fantastic time.

Located 15 min away from Siena, surrounded by beautiful gardens, with home-made breakfast and deluxe rooms that made us travel back time– this castle captured our heart. Andrea and Beatrice are the most amazing people and their warm hospitality is incredible. They treat you like you're their first guest. They always want to help you, enrich your knowledge, recommend you about secret parts of Tuscany nearby the castle and above all – make you feel like home right from the start.

We highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to experience and feel the real Tuscany.
It was the jewel in the crown of our trip to Tuscany and a romantic time we'll always treasure.

Eyal & Hagar

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monteroni d'Arbia
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
Castello Banfi - Il Borgo
Castello Banfi - Il Borgo
#1 of 17 in Montalcino
Castello di Velona Resort, Thermal Spa & Winery
Castello di Velona Resort, Therm...
#1 of 1 in Castelnuovo dell'Abate
#4 of 17 in Monteroni d'Arbia
Castello di Tornano
Castello di Tornano
#4 of 37 in Gaiole in Chianti

Been to Castello di San Fabiano? Share your experiences!