“Val d'europe”

Residhome Val d'Europe
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Montevrain
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as a package deal with British Airways for 4 nights. The residhome was about 30 minute drive from pelt airport. Upon arrival we had to pay 12euro tax. We went to our room wich looked average, small kitchen in passage way next to bathroom and bed area. The bed was 2 singles pushed together. One night we heard a really weired sounds coming from under the bed only to find the headboard had fallen off and was being held on by tape!
The floors were dusty so wasn't even sure if they had cleaned prior to arrival. Also towels were abit dusty too.
The area is nice with a big shopping mall, some cafes, pubs etc, went to the local pub it cost 15.20 for two drinks.
Be prepared to spend alot of money as everything is very expensive. We went to the supermarket inside the shopping mall for our food and snacks. The night before we left we asked to book us a taxi to orly, it would cost over 100euro and only operated between 8am-5pm Wich was abit pants considering our flight was at 8:15 so we spent much of that evening ringing local cab firms.
All in all I'd say stay at the ibis across the road.
Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Great location next to RER station one stop to Paris Disneyland. Restaurants and shops just few minutes walks from hotel and RER station.

Clean rooms but rather compact typical of Paris hotels. 2 bedroom apartment with separate toilet and bathroom with full cooking utensils, laundry in the basement and breakfast served in restaurant.

Staffs are very helpful. However check in time is rather late only after 3pm.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were let down by air bnb at the last moment for a stay in Paris and always struggle to find a hotel that sleeps three kids. This was a real discovery - a mini apartment that slept five with a mini kitchen. The hotel was very well located about a five minute walk from Val D'Europe and 50 yards from the train station with direct trains to the centre of Paris and Eurodisney. We had planned to stay in the centre of Paris and get the train down from Lille but this was a great alternative. We could park the car for 5 Euros a day and were in the heart of Paris in 35 minutes. Disney is even closer and, whilst we didn't visit it on this occasion I would really think about coming back - we have been lots of times and always stayed at Disney hotels but this was very convenient and much cheaper.

I would recommend getting a 'visite' card which gives you unlimited travel into and around Paris and a discount on a tour boat. I found that the machines didn't accept my (British) credit card so I had to walk round to the front (main) bit of the station to buy them over the counter but, after that we could use the entrance at the back of the station which takes you out literally opposite the hotel.

The room was fine - clean and functional though I would agree with some of the other reviews that say the rooms are a little small for five (we had to move the table in order to pull the sofa beds out) and, whilst it was clean, the maintenance left a lot to be desired - two of the list in the bedroom didn't work and the light in the loo was not attached and hanging by a wire. Whilst I reported them within 5 minutes of arriving, nothing was done by the time we left on the third day and the previous occupant of the room had also apparently reported it in a feedback card that was left in the room!

So all in all, I would say that the hotel is great in that it sleeps five or more (a rare thing I often find) and has a functional kitchen which means we could cook and eat while the kids slept and it also makes a great base from which to explore Paris or DLP. The downside was that (as many other people have pointed out) the rooms could be better maintained and the Hotel could be better at responding to requests for things to be fixed.i

2  Thank William B
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights, 2 mums and 2 15yr old girls. After flying and spending all afternoon in Disney completely shattered we arrived to checkin around 10.30pm. (Upon checkin we overheard a phonecall from a family requesting bedding.). We went to our room to find 1 pillow and 3 empty duvet covers for 4 of us? Gaetan on reception has to be the most rude, unhelpful, disbelieving, arrogant, patronising, unprofessional receptionist I have ever met. He said we were very lucky to get 2 duvets and extra pillows as the hotel was full!! We also had 2 bedside lamps with NO bulbs, broken raised floorboards which my daughter tripped on outside the bathroom, the free wi-fi can also only be accessed by 1 person at a time in one room! Apart from that the location is good! Definitely NOT 4 star. Have stayed in many places across the world, would class 3 star accommodation with 1 star service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Angie99_13
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Booked apartment for 4 people. Stayed as family with 2 toddlers. The train station right infront of the hotel by turning left at the entrance facing Ibis hotel. They changed our towels and collected rubbish daily. Stayed for 4 nights. We had bought Halal food from Val de Europe mall at Auchan supermarket ( there is halal section in frozen foods) and Noura. The main reason we choose this apartment over staying inside the Disneyland resort. We cooked some foods in the apartment and all utensils are provided. The receptionist even help to get the transport upon check out to Paris.

Things to note: free wifi is limited to 1 device per room at one time. You have to log out from one device to changed to other device. Our beds are 2 singles combine side by side and option of 2 sofa bed. Heating a bit tricky, we cannot get it more than 22 deg c. Plenty of towels, 5 actually for whole aprtment.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel whilst on a trip to disneyland with kids, the rooms were very clean and everything was perfect. Train station is just outside the entrance to the hotel (30 seconds walk) and from there is a 4 minutes train to disneyland, so its very conveinient. Breakfast buffet was good/average, however there is a shopping mall in 5 minutes walking distance. All the staff were very friendly and price was very cheap, highly recommended to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank yousuf p
Reviewed May 21, 2013

For the first time I were stolen , I left my kids psp in my closed bag and went with my family to Disney when I came back I found that someone search in my bag and stool it and also my bag was not tity as I leave , I went to the manager he said that I have to go to the police , I went and the police said that it happened a lot in this area and he will investigate , also the house keeping not well they didnot clean the floor , the tv remote was without battery and I asked for it they told me you have to come to reception and take it , no body will bring it to you, what a bad trip.

1  Thank nevine_mourad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montevrain
Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe
Residence Du Parc Val d'Europe
Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee Val d'Europe
B&B Hotel Disneyland Paris
B&B Hotel Disneyland Paris
#1 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre
Adagio Aparthotel Val d'Europe
Appart'City Confort Marne la Vallee - Val d’Europe

Been to Residhome Val d'Europe? Share your experiences!