“Location”

Residhome Val d'Europe
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Montevrain
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Let me start with the positives. It is an good location for Disneyland, train station and shopping at Val d'Europe. The room which we stayed in, a one bed apartment is okay for a family with 2 small kids. It has a kitchenette, bathroom and separate toilet. Staff are pleasant and you can store luggage on first and last day before your room is ready or you have to check out respectively. However, i have a few problems with the hotel itself and its failure to correct problems. We had no hot water for 2 days or a bath plug. Now the free breakfast helps but we wnated hot water. We were told that there was a problem servicing all the rooms with hot water. But the hotel should be able to cope.

The staiton is to the back of hotel which is okay to use unless you have a pushchair and you have to use the main entrance which is only a couple of minutes walk away.

All in all its location is the best part of it. It is quiet. But it was let down by the failure to correct the problems they had.

Also the room was not clean prior to arrival which you would expect.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Naveen S
There are newer reviews for Residhome Val d'Europe

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Have just returned from a 4 night stay at this aparthotel that was ideal in every way for our trip.It is a stones throw from the RER station (exit 2 Jean Monnet).We were checked in within 2 minutes upon our arrival by the friendliest receptionist we have come across in a while.Our room for 5 was small but suited us fine as we only used it to sleep and shower.It was cleaned every day and fresh towels were provided each day.There is a fridge,a 2 ringed hob,dishes,plates,bowls,glasses,bottle opener,tea towels,2 dishwasher tablets,a microwave ,cutlery etc...The hotel is one stop from Disney and you would walk it in 12 minutes if that was your preffered way to travel!Two of the ticket machines had english translation available and were easy to use,it was E6 for a family of 5 one way.The RER train takes you right into the heart of Paris within 40 minutes and again is a very easy trip to make.The queue for the eiffel tower was long so if you can reserve tickets before hand do so and also the sommit was closed so we could not buy tickets until we got to the 2nd stage and then the line was so long we ended up not getting to the top.Back to the hotel....it is a 5 minute walk from a huge shopping centre which has a choice of very nice restaurants to suit all tastes,there are also some lovely pattiseries enroute to the shopping centre.There is a designer outlet centre located at the back of the shopping centre off the food court and this is well worth a visit.I would definetely recommend this hotel as it is nice to remove yourself from Disney and the whole package for a couple of hours to recharge the batteries for the next day.There is a computer & printer available on the front desk by reception for guests perusal which was handy for checking in on line.There is a luggage room available at no charge as check out is 11a.m.Staff were so helpful and nice.I will use the hotel again and will be recommending it highly to anyone heading to Paris/Eurodisney!

3  Thank CATHERINEPETERS5
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Lots of reviews on this aparthotel suggest its hard to find & several that the map location is wrong. The maps are all OK, but what is missing is the fact that there are two exits from the RER station. You must follow Exit 2, go to the top of the steps, turn right, and it's across from the exit. In terms of an address, its on Rue de la gare, opposite the IBIS hotel. I can imagine driving to it is a headache, as its surrouded by roundabouts, dual carriageways, etc.
A typical aparthotel, ideal for Eurodisney, just one stop away on RER. From the door of the hotel, go parallel to the railway line up a side street & you'll come to Pl d'Ariane which has restaurants, shops, and the entrance to the Val d'Europe Shopping Centre.
Hotel staff are friendly, speak good English. Rooms are small but have kettle, microwave, etc. We stayed in a one bed unit, which in theory can house 4 people, but that would be a push.

2  Thank Isaac B
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at the triple room from 24th to 29th September this year. The place is really really really really close to the train station. Very convenient. It takes about 40 minutes to reach Paris from here. We missed our train to London on 25th as we departed late from Val D'Europe station going to Gare Du Nord. We had to purchase another ticket at the station for the next train. It was really costly. We had also bought a train ticket to Brussels for the 26th.and decided to really leave the hotel as early as we could to avoid missing our train again. We left the hotel slightly before 5a.m. on the 26th and found that the train station was not open yet. The metal grill shutters were still down. We walked back to the hotel and approached the staff on duty. A French African man with braided hair, which we found out later was known as Edmond/Edmont. We asked him what time the train station opens, he told us it opens at 6:a.m. My husband explained to him we had a 7:00a.m. train to catch going to brussels from Gare Du Nord station and needed to be there before that. Edmond/Edmont told my husband that the train station opens at 6a.m. and we need to grab a taxi if we want to be at Gare Du Nord to catch our train. We would not make it if we wait for the Val D'Europe train station to open at 6:00a.m. He kindly offered to call us a taxi and assured my husband that this taxi driver is the same taxi driver they call for the hotel all the time. The taxi tariff placed on the counter stated that taxi to Paris is 90 Euros. Edmond/Edmont told my husband since it was 5:00a.m. we needed to pay the taxi driver 100 Euros as the taxi shift only starts at 8:00a.m. we had no choice but to agree to this fearing that we may miss our train if we didn't. He was speaking french to the taxi driver on the phone the whole time. As we waited for our taxi to arrive, I was sitting by the main door. I noticed people were walking towards the train station and dissapearing into it... I walked outside and saw that the grill shutters were up. The station was open. It was 5:15a.m. at the time. I notified my husband and he went and cancel our taxi. Edmond/Edmont pretended to surprise when my husband told him the station is open and told him that we couldn't cancel the taxi as it was on it's way. If we insisted, we had to pay 10 Euros as penalty. My husband was prepared to pay him the 10 Euros. He didn't have any change with him so he walk towards me at the main door to get change. As he was doing that, another hotel guest came out from the elevator with his son and approached Edmond/Edmont speaking in french - probably checking out or something. My husband returned to the reception counter and gave Edmond/Edmont the 10 Euros. He rejected it. He said it was okay, we didn't need to pay anymore. The other hotel guest witnessed the whole time this happened with a confused look on his face. We were confused too and it took a while for me to realise that this guy had meant to keep the 10 Euros for himself. Had the other guest not be there, he would have swindled the 10 Euros from us. He must have negotiated with the taxi driver to charge us 100 Euros and to give him the 10 Euros too. We were lucky the other guest was there.

Another bad experience I came across form the staff was on the night of 28th September. There is a common computer with a printer next to the reception counter for guests. I was trying to do an online check-in for our flight the next day. Everything was fine until I tried to print our boarding passes. The ticket was in pdf and the pdf reader would not open no matter what I did. I thought the mouse stopped working. So clicked it a few times to make sure. By this time, my husband had managed to get help from a reception staff with blonde shoulder length hair. She saw me clicking the mouse and just raised her voice at me telling me off like I was some 8 year old kid trying to vandalise the computer. She was stressing on how I am jamming the computer by clicking the mouse more than once.....she was LOUD. It turns out something was wrong with the PC and we had to restart it to get the pdf reader to work. She could have handled that situation in a more polite manner. She didn't care that they were other guests in the lobby too and her telling me off like that was making me uncomfortable and embarrased as it caught other people's attention.

The room was great though. Full amenities, clean and tons of toilet rolls and towels were provided.
I gave this place a "poor" rating because of the really bad experience with the hotel staff.

Room Tip: Housekeeping is only provided to guestrooms that are occupied after more than 5 nights. If you requi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank darkanian
Reviewed October 11, 2012

It's an aparthotel, very nice, clean, but with small rooms, we had an apart with one bedroom and one living room and a small kitchen. There was a twin bed no so big in the bedroom and a sofa witch can also became a bed. You have everything you need in the kitchen if you want the prepare something to eat.
We recommend you to take the breakfast for only 10 euro for adult and 5 euro for children, it's very delicious and complet (english and french breakfast).
To get to Disneyland you'll have to take the RER train, only one station to Marne la Vallee Chessy, 1.7 euro. You need to buy tickets from the vending machine in the station.

Room Tip: All rooms are ok, we were two families and we had the same rooms even though they were not close.
3  Thank Roxana R
Reviewed October 5, 2012

stayed here for 3 night's and it was lovely! Around the corner was the shopping centre and a row of cafes and restaurants. There was a great little coffee shop at the shopping centre end of this row that were lovely! the room was very spacious only down side was only english channel on tv was bbc world news but inside the shopping centre they sold loads of dvds that worked and you could watch in the room as there was a dvd player!

The staff were lovely and very helpful. you could even leave your bag in a locked room when you checked out!

i would recommend tio shuttle as your transfers from and to airport they were lovely and very smooth drive only 30 minutes drive.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dani719
Reviewed September 30, 2012

It's okay.... but four stars? I don't know who gave them....but it is to much! Two stars at the most. Very friendly staff on the reception desk and very fast (free) wifi on all the rooms. This I must say but a very disappointing room.
The Location is very good. Near to Eurodisney and also very near to paris. Only 30 minutes by car.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montevrain
Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe
Residence Du Parc Val d'Europe
B&B Hotel Disneyland Paris
B&B Hotel Disneyland Paris
#1 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre
Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee Val d'Europe
Adagio Aparthotel Val d'Europe
Appart'City Confort Marne la Vallee - Val d’Europe

Been to Residhome Val d'Europe? Share your experiences!